The Truce at Bakura

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reparations are $1. tongue.gif If we wanted people to learn life lessons we would run a school, not a military alliance.

This is a white peace otherwise. No decommissioning, no treaties, no non-aggression pacts, no lose of nuclear first strike privileges, no forced resignations, nothing but peace. We entered to honor a debt and that debt is being paid in full. We do not push any agenda and do not seek to see any alliance destroyed beyond that which occurs through the normal course of battle.

Well now! This isn't a clear attempt to say "hey look at me I'm not a D-Bag". Honestly, if this wasn't such a blatant PR trick, I might have said something like o/ Moldavi etc.

But of course you just HAD to make me loathe your presence.

Well now! This isn't a clear attempt to say "hey look at me I'm not a D-Bag". Honestly, if this wasn't such a blatant PR trick, I might have said something like o/ Moldavi etc.

But of course you just HAD to make me loathe your presence.

A PR trick is something you do once to try and attract a certain sentiment or reaction. What Ivan is following is the very code of the NSO. We've been doing the same thing since day one and will continue to, so it's hardly a PR stunt.

A PR trick is something you do once to try and attract a certain sentiment or reaction. What Ivan is following is the very code of the NSO. We've been doing the same thing since day one and will continue to, so it's hardly a PR stunt.

Glad to see you don't see it. Its a PR trick in that its like "hey look at me! I follow this ideal that you like! Yay Us!"

It doesn't matter if its the code of NSO, its still a LOOK AT ME way of saying it. And to be honest, I think you could have covered it up better. Although admittedly, most people will fall for it.

Glad to see you don't see it. Its a PR trick in that its like "hey look at me! I follow this ideal that you like! Yay Us!"

It doesn't matter if its the code of NSO, its still a LOOK AT ME way of saying it. And to be honest, I think you could have covered it up better. Although admittedly, most people will fall for it.

Cover up what? The fact that we're an honorable alliance?

So we're supposed to play down the fact that there is now peace on one front of a massive war? Seriously?

I'll tell you what this announcement is: Us announcing peace with TPF, and Ivan having a sense of humor about reps. Nothing more, nothing less. You claim to be reading between the lines when really, all you're doing is trolling a perfectly pleasant announcement.

You are aware that we have never given anything other then White-Peace right? Nor have we ever considered giving anything less then that to any of our opponents. But by all means, continue to ramble on. However, I'd wager your beef with us is based more personal vendettas then factual information. However, as I said keep on trucking.

Cover up what? The fact that we're an honorable alliance?

Cover up the blatant PR scheme you've been at. What with the excessive philosophical propaganda (I think its up to 8 essays saying the same thing now) etc. and the obvious "look at me" moments, its clear Ivan knows exactly what he's doing.

If by honorable, you mean that you follow your tenet "there is only passion" to the letter, sure. But I can tell you that unless your propaganda leads to something productive, I'll have to call it out and try to oppose.

Prove me wrong. Be dishonorable.

Wait...

So we're supposed to play down the fact that there is now peace on one front of a massive war? Seriously?

I'll tell you what this announcement is: Us announcing peace with TPF, and Ivan having a sense of humor about reps. Nothing more, nothing less. You claim to be reading between the lines when really, all you're doing is trolling a perfectly pleasant announcement.

Sounds like a moderation issue <_< . In any case, this will be the only time I point it out. I'll stick quiet from now on if its offending. Clearly the groupthink is getting to you. I am sorry, though I almost envy you.

You are aware that we have never given anything other then White-Peace right? Nor have we ever considered giving anything less then that to any of our opponents. But by all means, continue to ramble on. However, I'd wager your beef with us is based more personal vendettas then factual information. However, as I said keep on trucking.

My beef is not because you turned me down, it is with the theological issues etc. I plan to do this to everyone. You just seem to be shouting it lately.

Also, white peace fails. Make it fun.

Cover up the blatant PR scheme you've been at. What with the excessive philosophical propaganda (I think its up to 8 essays saying the same thing now) etc. and the obvious "look at me" moments, its clear Ivan knows exactly what he's doing.

If by honorable, you mean that you follow your tenet "there is only passion" to the letter, sure. But I can tell you that unless your propaganda leads to something productive, I'll have to call it out and try to oppose.

Wait...

What conduct would you reference as being dishonorable, as you seem to imply it. Lastly, since when has philosophical propaganda been taboo? We use it as a tool for morale and recruitment as well as letting the general populace of Planet Bob know our ideals, I don't see what's horrible in that.

So...please tell me what it is your complaining about?

Sounds like a moderation issue <_< . In any case, this will be the only time I point it out. I'll stick quiet from now on if its offending. Clearly the groupthink is getting to you. I am sorry, though I almost envy you.

My beef is not because you turned me down, it is with the theological issues etc. I plan to do this to everyone. You just seem to be shouting it lately.

Also, white peace fails. Make it fun.

If it had to do with theological issues...then your bringing in OOC elements into an IC forum. I'd wager it is in fact due to us turning down your application that you go out of your way to troll us. You should stop being bitter and do something productive. Lastly, White peace is what you can expect in dealing with NSO. We do not fall in line with old standards and harsh reps, we've had our chance at issuing old policies in our peace dealings...and we've firmly turned those notions down every time.

Wait...

You seem to have mistaken the NSO for a group of drones who buy into everything leadership says.

I did come to the NSO for Ivan, and that's because when I want to be in an alliance that goes places, I generally look for the kind of people who lead alliances that go places. I have taken a vow to defend the NSO, and if Ivan were to lead us to a war I did not agree with, I'd make my feelings known and get my soldiers deployed and ready to go anyways. This is because I trust Ivan to lead us to a better place, and to do so with honor and courage. That's alot more than I could say for some other alliances I've been in, and I'm glad to be in the NSO instead.

That said, I can voice my opinion and I do. Our forums are not a sea of hails, far from it. We have internal debate (to an almost intolerable level for an old soldier such as myself :P) and disagreements. However, we're here because we believe in the Sith, we believe in the passion, strength, power philosophy, and we believe in Ivan.

You seem to come from an alliance where people do not share the same ideals. Must be bizarre.

What conduct would you reference as being dishonorable, as you seem to imply it. Lastly, since when has philosophical propaganda been taboo? We use it as a tool for morale and recruitment as well as letting the general populace of Planet Bob know our ideals, I don't see what's horrible in that.

So...please tell me what it is your complaining about?

I don't mean to reference being "dishonorable" as that I mean to reference that honor is a fallacy. There is only passion. And by passion, I mean enjoyment to our personal gods (ooc. the players). I do everything for the benefit for the greater Zig in the sky. In any case, peace is honor. And peace is a lie.

And as I was saying, I was simply pointing out "hey look, they're making a whole bunch of propagandas that all basically say the same thing. neat..." and that you should stop because its annoying even if I'm the only one to see through it.

If it had to do with theological issues...then your bringing in OOC elements into an IC forum. I'd wager it is in fact due to us turning down your application that you go out of your way to troll us. You should stop being bitter and do something productive. Lastly, White peace is what you can expect in dealing with NSO. We do not fall in line with old standards and harsh reps, we've had our chance at issuing old policies in our peace dealings...and we've firmly turned those notions down every time.

[ooc]My IC character is based off of an OOC concept: that of "fun". When possible, I make it IC, but in any case it still is the same. I am one philosophist (which becomes theology when IC) who disagrees with your philosophies[/ooc]

That said, I can voice my opinion and I do. Our forums are not a sea of hails, far from it. We have internal debate (to an almost intolerable level for an old soldier such as myself :P) and disagreements. However, we're here because we believe in the Sith, we believe in the passion, strength, power philosophy, and we believe in Ivan.

Ivan is a lie, there is only freedom.

Not saying you can't voice your own opinion, just saying groupthink is getting to SOME of you, even outside of the alliance.

And to be honest, had I not started my own alliance thing, it probably would have been NSO that I would have gone for the same reason. I desired power, and Ivan was the easiest route.

edit: off topic: Hi zelg, I'm good! you? I started an alliance etc. w/e this is off topic. sorry.

Edited by zigbigadorlou

edit: off topic: Hi zelg, I'm good! you? I started an alliance etc. w/e this is off topic. sorry.

I'm well. Good luck with your new alliance. :)

May I suggest that you've made your point here as well as you're going to be able to?