Another IPA DoW

Hello new member, Welcome to Planet Bob. Here for the last 2 or more years Empires have come and gone but not one has interfered successfully with free trade save for Sphere Sanctions, what you are purposing is that because my trade resources which just so happen to include Uranium need to be monitored.

Whilst my Uranium can be used as a precursor to nuclear weapons and my Lead provide a discount for any tinpot dictator wishing to procure such awesome terrible weapons I can reassure you with the fact that the resources of Excellent Adventures are shipped only to be used in the manufacture of nuclear weapons, automobile speed cameras, nail varnish and piping for domestic water supply and nothing else.

Should any nation wish to procure nuclear weapons under the guise of producing nuclear weapons to drop on IPA & Friends, speed cameras to curb their civilians speeding and have a sudden urge to upgrade their water networks piping to the "lead" standard that is beyond my control and thus I cannot be held responsible.

Nuclear weapons, Lead piping and speed cameras aside its my right to trade with whom I want, when I want. Just because theres a sudden increase in the demand for nukes lead piping doesnt mean you have the right to dictate who I can and cannot trade with.

If there are any issues with whom I trade with please take it up with my alliances government. As I can sympathise that any IRON nation at war with IPA may be in need of "lead piping" my offer of temp trades still stands.

I am fine today SEANB120, how are you? :)

I'm fine, thanks!

Your reply totally blew me out of the water! Wow, what can I say now?

Other than you've already stated your intent in a previous post, and its quite clear that you intend to aid an enemy militarily, giving preferential trades to a specific side for a specific reason.

Your post was cute though, I'll give you that. :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more amused by this whole debacle than anything else. This particular bit is just a sideshow. To be fair, I do not see Karma succeeding without adopting at least a fair number of the 'Hegemony's' prior policies. So it's no slight on your guys, just a mite bit funny to see you all embracing some things that you claim to hate.

BnT, if you or anyone were to ensure that the ONLY people you traded with, were those who guaranteed they would nuke a specific alliance, then you would be using your trades as a weapon and should accept whatever consequences arise from that.

As if that will happen :huh:

Dear X Member:

I understand you are fighting in a nuclear war against X; indeed, the whole world is fighting a nuclear war and your alliance is nuke free on all targets.

I need the money but Im a caring sort and really do give a damn about the consequences of trading with you. I really dont want you as my ally; to nuke back to creation day the guys you are fighting at all and Im only trading Uranium for you to use in the manufacture of nuclear weapons speed cameras.

If you can honestly promise me, super duper swear that Doitzel really is king of planet bob that you will only use my trade to manufactire nuclear weapons speed cameras then I will trade with you.

Regards

Bill N Ted, Uber-concerned Citizen of Planet Bob.

Whats next? Me hunt down every member thats been temp trading uranium to Karma?

Its a war, coupled with the fact of the matter kids is that you cant do a damn thing to stop me trading my nuke juice, Im just the only one who openly flaunts my "evil doing".

B) Best get the sunblock out B)

Edited by bill n ted

So it's no slight on your guys, just a mite bit funny to see you all embracing some things that you claim to hate.

Such as?

Also, I would never attempt to argue that Karma won't ultimately adopt some hegemon policies. Politics is cyclical, and it's only a matter of time before SOME policies are adopted.

Such as?

The Hegemony Alliances:

* Collected Taxes and Paid Bills

* Bought Military

* Sent and Received Aid

* United military power against enemies

The Karma Alliances do everything listed above as well.

Therefore: KARMA IS THE SAME THING!!!! :o

Such as?

Also, I would never attempt to argue that Karma won't ultimately adopt some hegemon policies. Politics is cyclical, and it's only a matter of time before SOME policies are adopted.

As if Karma could hold together long enough to make a policy of any sort?

There is no Karma. Just a group of bitter folks, opportunists, and bandwagoneers, in my opinion.

You should be called the BOB bloc.

Bitter Opportunistic Bandwagoneers!

Named after the planet too!

Save a whale!

:P

As if Karma could hold together long enough to make a policy of any sort?

There is no Karma. Just a group of bitter folks, opportunists, and bandwagoneers, in my opinion.

You should be called the BOB bloc.

Bitter Opportunistic Bandwagoneers!

Named after the planet too!

Save a whale!

:P

You're not doing the other IRON posts in this thread any favors.

I'm sure IRON has free speech just as NSO does, a few bad posts happen from every alliance, especially during heated times like global war.

Whatchoo got 'gainst savin' whales?

:(

The more the merrier from the bandwagon front though, I need my toenails clipped. Those things are pretty tough. :(

Edited by PrideAssassin

...also watch out for the nukes we still have 16 times as many you do and we fired 2800 of them already. :awesome:

It's just adorable to see you trying to brandish your nuclear phallus substitute at someone while the territories of IRON are being turned into a long-term experiment in radioactive salting.

(But think of the money you'll save on lightbulbs! :ehm: )

The more the merrier from the bandwagon front though, I need my toenails clipped. Those things are pretty tough. :(

I realize IRON isn't familiar with the concept of upholding treaties until there's a mass outcry for days on end, but could you explain one more time exactly how IPA is bandwagoning here?

It's just adorable to see you trying to brandish your nuclear phallus substitute at someone while the territories of IRON are being turned into a long-term experiment in radioactive salting.

(But think of the money you'll save on lightbulbs! :ehm: )

I personally would like to see what would happen in said experiment. It would be interesting to see what would happen to FARK, or indeed any alliance against a well armed opponent such as IRON (with MPs & WRCs to continue the nuclear funzzies) would have on the longterm development and stability of whoever was silly enough to try such a thing.

But thats longterm and I can see you have no interest in that.

On topic goodluck to IPA in their war against IRON, I hope you guys get decent terms. As a footnote Ive supplied 3 IRON members, 2 Molon Labe and 5 Valhallans with Uranium today and hopefully many more :)

To: Krash From: BILL N TED Date: 5/4/2009 3:57:45 PM

Subject: Hello there!

Message: As a member of an alliance that IRON is allied to I feel obliged to supply your nation with all the uranium it needs for the purchase of nuclear weapons against any and all aggressors. Since your at war would you be interested in a trade? It will cost nothing, I do this because Im a nice guy.

I also have lead which means you get a 20% discount on nuke purchases. Surely this is an offer too good to turn down?

If your interested PM me or catch me in IRC channels: #cnvalhalla, #m1a :)

Regards,

Bill N Ted

Edited by bill n ted

I personally would like to see what would happen in said experiment. It would be interesting to see what would happen to FARK, or indeed any alliance against a well armed opponent such as IRON (with MPs & WRCs to continue the nuclear funzzies) would have on the longterm development and stability of whoever was silly enough to try such a thing.

You're witnessing it -- and even contributing to it, in a way, by supplying uranium to draw out the nuclear slugging match a little longer. The amusing part is that you seem to think you're helping them by prolonging the misery. Perhaps it would help if I made my point in convenient picture format.

Edited by Billy-Bob Kenobi

I realize IRON isn't familiar with the concept of upholding treaties until there's a mass outcry for days on end, but could you explain one more time exactly how IPA is bandwagoning here?

We uphold our treaties to the letter. Try again, please.

Explain to me how you mistake my personal opinion for stone cold fact. I definately don't take your opinion for fact. Whatever keeps you warm at night, I suppose.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled faux sense of relevance.

But thats longterm and I can see you have no interest in that.

On topic goodluck to IPA in their war against IRON, I hope you guys get decent terms. As a footnote Ive supplied 3 IRON members, 2 Molon Labe and 5 Valhallans with Uranium today and hopefully many more :)

I like numbers, so lets play a numbers game ok? awesome.

Farkistan (as of this post) has 103 MP's and 375 nations whereas IRON has 115 MPs and 718 nations.

Allow me to provide further insight into the mighty IRON alliance

wonders.png

Explain to me how you mistake my personal opinion for stone cold fact. I definately don't take your opinion for fact. Whatever keeps you warm at night, I suppose.

Ok, you stated "the more the merrier on the bandwagon front." You are correct in stating that that is not fact, but rather your opinion. I'm just asking you to explain your opinion to me. How, in your opinion, is IPA's DoW on IRON bandwagoning?

I don't believe we ever pretended to be relevant or significant in this war against IRON. It's the people who are coming in here spouting off their mouth that's keeping this topic going. My other DoW got probably two or three pages because NATO kept it respectful, and obviously, didn't have BnT in that thread.

Do we need to refer you to the joint announcement from, what was it, seven alliances, including IRON, where it stated that it would not honor it's treaties with NPO? Only reason you came back was because you all saw that the !@#$ hit the fan. We all saw the logs.

Ok, you stated "the more the merrier on the bandwagon front." You are correct in stating that that is not fact, but rather your opinion. I'm just asking you to explain your opinion to me. How, in your opinion, is IPA's DoW on IRON bandwagoning?

Fark Declares in Support of Ragnarok: Apr 23 2009

IPA DoW: May 2 2009

I don't believe we ever pretended to be relevant or significant in this war against IRON.

That's how.

Of course, I'm going the fool's route and judging by appearances, but I never claimed I was not a fool. :)

Just remember one thing, it's not what they call you, it's what you answer to. If what I said was utter nonsense, the sensible thing to do would be to ignore it and let it die, not allow the nerve I struck to twitch in defense.

My other DoW got probably two or three pages because NATO kept it respectful, and obviously, didn't have BnT in that thread.

Alrighty, sir, I'll keep it respectful. I'm not going to comment on what you percieve to be our treaty situation, besides to say I'll leave that for Council, if and when they feel the need to comment on it, and to say you have most definately not seen all the logs.

I will also say the musings of the OWF played no part in our decision.

I have yet to see the excrement impact the oscillating air displacement device; and yes, BnT is indeed most excellent, dude.

I reiterate, good luck to you.

May we next meet under better circumstances.

Regards.

Edited by PrideAssassin

I like numbers, so lets play a numbers game ok? awesome.

Farkistan (as of this post) has 103 MP's and 375 nations whereas IRON has 115 MPs and 718 nations.

Allow me to provide further insight into the mighty IRON alliance

wonders.png

Since you like numbers:

IRON: #3 alliance, 64 Weapons Research Complexes

FARK: #7, 16 Weapons Research Complexes

As for the picture why is that there? Are you trying to say that a nation with about 18 wonders and probably a decent warchest is somehow incapable of purchasing a MP? Just like this 7kNS guy and this 5Kns guy? Maybe if IRON was to get poor terms its members would have very good reason to start buying MP's :)

Anywhoo

Do we need to refer you to the joint announcement from, what was it, seven alliances, including IRON, where it stated that it would not honor it's treaties with NPO? Only reason you came back was because you all saw that the !@#$ hit the fan. We all saw the logs.

I like IRON hence my presence.

Karma wants to install myself as Emperor of IPA when the war is over. I certainly see the attraction of stating whats happening in my head than whats going on in reality

The Independent Republic of Orange Nations hereby declares war upon Ragnarok in defence of our many allies, the Continuum and One vision.

Doesnt say NPO's being left out, all I saw was a lot of people upset at an NPO blunder and made a point of canceling their MADP's out of protest; they could have done that and booted NPO from both Continuum and OneVision should they have had no intention of defending Pacifica. Nicely done ^_^

Edited by bill n ted