Unimportant GOONS Announcements

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's ragging on NpO.

OOC:

You can take our name out of your sig, fyi.

IC:

Anyway that we treatied with NpO and NPO was hardly a throwback to a bygone age. When negotiating to allow us to start a new GOONS it only seemed logical to talk to people we knew from other worlds. We happened to know a lot of people from another world in NpO. It was only logical that in the process we would align ourselves to those who we knew.

Saying that, however, we got to know the new NpO very well through the process, and they helped us tremendously. In the process of clearing the protectorate with NPO, they asked to come too so we let them sign on. This is not the drinking buddies 2.0.

Edited by Sardonic

OOC:

You can take our name out of your sig, fyi.

IC:

Anyway that we treatied with NpO and NPO was hardly a throwback to a bygone age. When negotiating to allow us to start a new GOONS it only seemed logical to talk to people we knew from other worlds. We happened to know a lot of people from another world in NpO. It was only logical that in the process we would align ourselves to those who we knew.

Saying that, however, we got to know the new NpO very well through the process, and they helped us tremendously.

OOC: No thanks.

IC: I'll leave your thread, do what you will with GOONS's legacy.

Appeal Denied? You've got to be joking.

Has it been mentioned yet that Appealed Denied is a regular and occasional leader of GOONS 2.0 in another Moon-based venue? :awesome:

Look, the Moon-based GOONS would have been wiped out long ago were it not for the fact that the equivalent of PZI is virtually impossible there, ZI is difficult at best and easily recovered from, and alliances don't get wiped out as much as they lose interest and become inactive. GOONS gets credit for not simply quitting, but the environment there is such that it's easy to stay around if you are determined to do so.

GOONS 1.0 was well on their way to becoming the #1 alliance in the game--they had risen to #2 by time of the UJW, and the sky seemed to be the limit. They lost focus and got side tracked first with Modgate, then the whole mess regarding a current nation leader at NPO, formerly of GGA. They also grossly underestimated the threat that Polaris posed in terms of being able to tap into public sentiment against the UJP. In the end, it cost them their Planet Bob alliance.

The bawwwing from everyone's opinion of what makes an alliance 'GOONS' is absolutely delightful.

It's an alliance. Get over it.

as someone who has paid the tenbux it is even funnier.

oh, and GOONS, welcome to black.

Edited by JCFalkenberg

The phrase "GOONS" creates in me a certain level of expectation for your announcement.

An expectation which you do not meet.

You were expecting the banned leadership to charge back to CN leading a thousand 10ns nations to a glorious vengeance upon everyone who had *oh so* wronged them?

Fat chance, they don't care. The most they care is to attempt to sabotage our efforts in an attempt to retain their fanatical belief that they and only they can be the real goons.

We are the alliance known as GOONS now, our members are already coming in from SA. That is what a GOONS alliance is.

the word before it was "unimportant". This should have acted as a clue.

As much as I love the new GOONS, the only thing you can really do is prove your assertions to Planet Bob.

Until then, I will personally hope for your success; we can always use more players in the game. Besides, I'm sure you guys will make it.

TPF love for GOONS? Haha

These are a different GOONS. I knew them back on the moon.

Not personally, but I respected them greatly.

Besides, I put the past behind me faster than some others might.

They voted to suicide due to the momentum that ~ alliances had and because UJP was falling apart. GOONS knew what kind of surrender terms they were going to get from Sponge, and they weren't going to roll with that.

Only certain leaders decided this and it was not a vote. There were certain strategies in place that were a total failure due to key nations deleting and leaving. This caused a chain effect which hastened the fall of goons and contributed to the end of the alliance.

Truth of the matter is that Goons 1.0 were the pitbulls of the game but became bloated with floating liquid poo which stunk up the Goons name. For every vocal arrogant Goon who up and deleted there were 10 hardcore players who loved nothing more than frog stomping nations within the parameters of fair play. Fact of the matter plenty people loved goons when they were on their leash and did a good deal of damage for them.

Goons 2 Will still have some great players who will enrich planet bob and get their fair share of curb stomping. We still fight for a higher cause and hold true to a fair amount of similar beliefs. However there will be no 12 yr olds allowed to run their mouth with a goon tag as before.

During UJW I know my platoon had a good time posting recruitment messages from out attackers in out forums. Seems someone wanted us.

It should be noted that there is clearly nothing wrong with fun vocal arrogance:) It is only a problem when you can't back it up.

Edited by ChimpMasterFlash

Appeal Denied? You've got to be joking.
Seriously dying laughing here.

He'd do a better job than Salithus or anyone else who tries this unless DV and Diz come back. Which they won't. Meaning he's the least of the evils to choose from.

Edit: Put the wrong word in the wrong spot.

Edited by Emperor Marx

He'd do a better job than Salithus or anyone else who tries this unless DV and Diz come back. Which they won't. Meaning he's the least of the evils to choose from.

Making you cry about us doing wrong by the GOONS name makes this whole thing worth it.

OOC: No thanks.

IC: I'll leave your thread, do what you will with GOONS's legacy.

Somebody clue me in on why they're in hat sig in the first place?

And they'd care about your opinion... why? Not that I think they'd care for mine either, having not really spoken to any of them since before the UjP. (UjP signaled my departure from LW). I just find it amusing how you think you have a right to talk down to them.

Good show GOONS. Have fun.

I just find it amusing how you think you have a right to talk down to them.

He's bitter because he's one of the #dominion crew who's hopes and dreams were crushed by finding out that we're not as stupid as they thought.