Unimportant GOONS Announcements

He'd do a better job than Salithus or anyone else who tries this unless DV and Diz come back. Which they won't. Meaning he's the least of the evils to choose from.

Edit: Put the wrong word in the wrong spot.

Lunar GOONS led by Sal, Biggles, Sardonic, and others were (probably are, I left that game a few months ago) quite successful, becoming one of the most important alliances in that game; at the same time being respected both militarily and politically. If you're bitter because of how GOONS ended in this game, you should embrace newer, more dedicated and aware leadership that they represent.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were expecting the banned leadership to charge back to CN leading a thousand 10ns nations to a glorious vengeance upon everyone who had *oh so* wronged them? {snip}

Me-oh-my, well aren't you touchy? Honestly, I was just expecting something vaguely entertaining. Something that wasn't quite as dry as sawdust. I mean, isn't that what SA is known for? Being less dry than sawdust, so to speak?

But I suppose a person can get touchy, what while wearing shoes a few sizes too large and all.

Lunar GOONS led by Sal, Biggles, Sardonic, and others were (probably are, I left that game a few months ago) quite successful, becoming one of the most important alliances in that game; at the same time being respected both militarily and politically. If you're bitter because of how GOONS ended in this game, you should embrace newer, more dedicated and aware leadership that they represent.

Thank you for the the rep! We hope to outdo ourselves here though.

I'm astonished at the amount of people that cannot look past the acronym of an alliance. Classy up, people.

Either way, best of luck to the new GOONS - I'm pretty confident you won't make the same missteps as your predecessors.

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by V The King

I'm astonished at the amount of people that cannot look past the acronym of an alliance. Classy up, people.

To be fair, usually, if you're deliberately using an acronym that's already been used in the past, you're doing it to establish a direct connection to the legacy of the former group, so most of the baggage that comes with it is to be fully expected and probably at least somewhat deserved.

Of course, the whole GOONS/SA issue is something else entirely, considering how they operate. There doesn't necessarily have to be continuity between GOONS in CN as much as continuity with both groups back to SA...

To be fair, usually, if you're deliberately using an acronym that's already been used in the past, you're doing it to establish a direct connection to the legacy of the former group, so most of the baggage that comes with it is to be fully expected and probably at least somewhat deserved.

Of course, the whole GOONS/SA issue is something else entirely, considering how they operate. There doesn't necessarily have to be continuity between GOONS in CN as much as continuity with both groups back to SA...

I think though, that they are using GOONS because they are GOONS, and intend to recruit from SA, and naming themselves something different would be a bit ridiculous to most of those recruits.

I think though, that they are using GOONS because they are GOONS, and intend to recruit from SA, and naming themselves something different would be a bit ridiculous to most of those recruits.

Yeah, that's what I meant. They're GOONS because they're from SA, not because they're trying to form a connection to the old GOONs of CN.

Amazes me how many people here still wish ill on the new GOONS. The fact that they do this so vocally and frequently me amuses me; I guess the new GOONS are like the old if they can hold your attention this long.

The sad fact remains that you guys are still so pathetic that you'll no doubt need someone to bail your lame behinds out like you did in that other place.

Who is going to be your sugar daddy on Planet bob?

Do check in with TESt they have an alliance here as well. Maybe they can save you from your own big mouths.

You banned Hels and bm?

Wow you guys are pretty lame. This is not the GOONS I was a part of, this is nothing but a mockery.

Banning guys actively trying to get MK to attack us? Yeah, totally lame. :rolleyes: Oh wait, aren't you the guy that's the laughing stock around here? Your complaints just mean we're doing it right.

Banning guys actively trying to get MK to attack us? Yeah, totally lame. :rolleyes: Oh wait, aren't you the guy that's the laughing stock around here? Your complaints just mean we're doing it right.

Say what you will. You're no Diz. You're not even DV. You're just children playing dress up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Crohl

Say what you will. You're no banned member. You're not even Daemon banned member. You're just children playing dress up. :rolleyes:

How's it feel to be one of those pubbies who's tears I'm living off of?

One more time for everyone saying "not the old GOONS" earlier this week I went through the roster ruler-by-ruler and recognized nearly 1/3 of the current memebrship as members of the Order of Neutral Shoving.

But, GOONS, you know Planet Bob--get used to the same replies in every thread for the next 6 months.

Obligatory: Vote banned member for Black Senate.

Edited by Schattenmann

One more time for everyone saying "not the old GOONS" earlier this week I went through the roster ruler-by-ruler and recognized nearly 1/3 of the current memebrship as members of the Order of Neutral Shoving.

But, GOONS, you know Planet Bob--get used to the same replies in every thread for the next 6 months.

Obligatory: Vote banned member for Black Senate.

In before somebody says "but those are just all the guys you tricked!".

You banned Hels and bm?

Wow you guys are pretty lame. This is not the GOONS I was a part of, this is nothing but a mockery.

Yeah I seem to remember you bailing on the Old GOONS. Your soapbox is nonexistent.