Unimportant GOONS Announcements

lwgoonsflag.jpg

Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism

It has been a busy week for GOONS while we try to get settled in, despite the mayhem going on in Bob. In order to facilitate our growth, a few changes needed to be made and we have shuffled some people around. LunaticFringe joins us as a Council member, reporting to Bloodjewel. Lace has been asked to change her focus from foreign affairs to training and recruitment, and as such will also report to Bloodjewel. TTaagg's efforts in establishing relationships with the alliances of Bob have been excellent so far, so I have asked him to take on the position of Secretariat. A few council members did a fantastic job of getting us through to day 1, but other committments have kept them from carrying on that effort, so we have bestowed on them the priviledge of Member Emeritus, where we can still benefit from their counsel without putting a drain on their availability.

We also would like to thank NpO for their hospitality on Blue. Unfortunately, we feel just as out-of-place on Blue as NpO would on Black, so we began discussions with NOIR of a potential move to Black for GOONS. We are impressed by their candor and enthusiasm, and have made the decision to move to Black this weekend.

In less-than-exciting news or however you say it, we banned two members today! Wait, that is totally exciting. Who did we ban? Well, if you have been reading closely you already know. The why is what you would expect, if you recognize those names. Apparently we're not cool/smart/edgy/whatever-enough so they thought they would run game on us. Protip: If you are going to move against us, you'd better know damn well what you are doing. We are new to Bob, not to politics, we knew we would have enemies the moment we set foot here, we were just assuming (hoping?) that these enemies would be a bit smarter. This warning is especially true for the former members of the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving who think they are somehow entitled to ownership of the acronym "GOONS". GOONS got run out of the game while you were in it, and so far you have failed to bring GOONS back, so quit kidding yourselves into thinking you'll somehow succeed against us when we have succeeded where you failed, despite your failures. Your whining about our existence is the very definition of pubbie tears. Still, it fulfills the old soldier's prayer: "Give me lucky generals and stupid foes".

Anyhow, they were going to try and get MK to attack us or something, which we thought was p. lol, so rather than get all :tinfoil: and run to MK, we figured we'd just boot the idiots to save everyone some time. Also, to cut you off before you start - no, we will not be log dumping. If you feel like this may or may not have impacted your alliance, feel free to send a diplomat by and we'll discuss it, but odds are this doesn't affect you. If you really have no idea who the two banned members are in-game, come by our forums where we have a list for you. Feel free to take their tech or use them for target practice.

tl;dr:

epicbrutal.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(snip) This warning is especially true for the former members of the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving who think they are somehow entitled to ownership of the acronym "GOONS". (/snip)

Good show. I hope you don't become what the your predecessors were.

Subliminal messages are subliminal.

Those are the names, no?

In less-than-exciting news or however you say it, we banned two members today! Wait, that is totally exciting. Who did we ban? Well, if you have been reading closely you already know.

After closely observing this incarnation I would like to retire my former )): GOONS )):

I at this time recant any desire for unfortunate events to transpire to your merry band

o/ GOONS health and wealth, grow strong

OOC: Those two individuals were 2 of the other set I actually enjoyed reading.