MAD members split from Echelon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For shame, and Cirrus you know it. Shame on GR as well, you should have refused the protectorate, on the grounds that you would be protecting cowards and backstabbers.

Even if it was 2 days ago, we all knew what was going to happen 2 days ago, and where Echelon sat and where GR sat. If members of GR left 2 days before the NpO war and Echelon protected them then you would be saying the same thing.

Recently it is becomeing more and more clear who is noble and just and who are cowards and opertunists that talk about honor and right and wrong in times of peace.

I am sorry, but you were planning on leaving anyway, and actively recruiting members of Echelon to go with you. Finalizing your plans. All of those things are treasonous.

The time to leave was when Echelon signed a treaty with NPO. Once that happened you should have known that there would be a time you would have to defend them. If the treaty was signed before you joined, then you should have joined someone else.

I do not think you are cowards, I expect you to war. I do, however, consider you traitors and would think long and hard (heh) before inviting you into my alliance. You know, if I had any say in my alliance.

Wow. I don't even know what to think of this. Are you guys seriously saying there was no better time to do this?

Nothing against GR, I believe them when they say the talks happened prior to the departures, and the agreement was made, and I can understand why they would honor their word.

But I don't understand how this could have happened without MAD being a bit more forthcoming in the many days prior to the war? Leaving an alliance during wartime is desertion, and a quick look at Echelon's treaties before the fiasco last night puts them squarely in the war on Pacifica's side.

What is this world coming to these days?

Well, Echelon did back away from their NPO treaty. If they kept with that position I doubt many people would be complaining about MAD leaving, since they were going to leave anyway. But Echelon pulled a 180 in their policy department and now we have this stirring up trouble when it really is a minor thing.

Just let it drop and let the people be; worst things are happening on Planet Bob. Making this an issue isn't worth it.

Well, Echelon did back away from their NPO treaty. If they kept with that position I doubt many people would be complaining about MAD leaving, since they were going to leave anyway. But Echelon pulled a 180 in their policy department and now we have this stirring up trouble when it really is a minor thing.

Just let it drop and let the people be; worst things are happening on Planet Bob. Making this an issue isn't worth it.

IF they wanted to leave, they could have left before the war started.

Not to mention, if they didn't want to be allied to NPO, and didn't like Echelon (which apparently they didn't since they maintained their own little clique) why even bother being members anyways?

I have a feeling Greenland Republic will not accept you, for they have too much honor for cowards like you. I may not be the biggest fan of the NPO, but I hate cowards like you much more then I hate them.

THIS!

you Knew Echelon was a member of 1V

you Knew Echelon had MDoAP with NPO

you Knew Echelon is honorable and would keep its word.

You suckled at the tit of Echelon.. took her protection.. her funds.. her friendship.. and when it was your turn to stand up and be counted

you ran.

This goes for anyone else out there fleeing war from their alliance.

IF they wanted to leave, they could have left before the war started.

This.

Whether you are deserting to my side or not you are still deserting. There is no honor in that and I will take no joy from fighting alongside you.

Edited by KingSrqt

Eh....GV things take time, you know that well.

I am not saying what they are doing isn't wrong, but its just such a small issue.

At the moment it doesn't really matter, what does is what kind of end result becomes of it.

This will "haunt" them for some time I do believe, but I doubt they wouldn't be getting this much backlash if some other treaties didn't just drop suddenly.

Eh....GV things take time, you know that well.

I am not saying what they are doing isn't wrong, but its just such a small issue.

At the moment it doesn't really matter, what does is what kind of end result becomes of it.

This will "haunt" them for some time I do believe, but I doubt they wouldn't be getting this much backlash if some other treaties didn't just drop suddenly.

The backlash would still be here. Each issue is a seperate issue with the individual alliances. Echelon IS at war. MAD IS deserting in a time of war.

Im very disappointed in GR... and really.. if GR wants to accept trash into its ranks it just lowers and degrades the alliance further.

EDIT to fix my Ts.. the key only half works

Edited by Damon Sriv

GR was under the impression that these members had talked to Echelon gov prior to making this decision. We also did not confirm anything yet as we ourselves had yet to talk to Echelon. For the time being any applications from this group will be denied.

Edit: To be fair we had said it would probably be alright, however I was studying for exams while preparing for our DoW and was pre-occupied. It hadn't crossed my mind that they hadn't notified Echelon gov of their departure should they enter the conflict. I apologize for not thinking clearly at the time.

Edited by Drai

GR was under the impression that these members had talked to Echelon gov prior to making this decision. We also did not confirm anything yet as we ourselves had yet to talk to Echelon. For the time being any applications from this group will be denied.

Backpedal faster.

Backpedal faster.

[ooc]You've got to be kidding me. I don't dedicate 100% of my time to this game, I have other things on my mind.[/ooc] Obviously it was a mistake to assume anything, especially in a time like this but that doesn't mean I can't make up for those mistakes.

Edit: And for clarification again, we had not finalized anything. This announcement was completely uncalled for and I don't appreciate GR being dragged in when we hadn't given our word. They also made a mistake in assuming we had ok'd everything. I won't hold it against them, that's not who I am. I understand a lot of people won't see things that way though. Put as much spin on it as you wish. The reality is it was a mis-communication on both ends and the outcome is still the same as it was before. Echelon is losing members, GR is not gaining any members.

Edited by Drai

I don't believe GR should be insulted over this matter. As it has been said several times they agreed to this before the war and if anything they were mislead on the matter. I can see where everyone is coming from on this matter, but it doesn't appear that GR has even officially accepted them so why are they being insulted?

EDIT: And apparently GR didn't officially agree to it, further adding to my point.

Edited by Craven

Backpedal faster.

OOC: this is a busy time for everybody. We all have priorities in game and out of game. As Drai said he doesn't dedicate 100% of his time to CN and the time he does dedicate he prioritizes. You may have noticed we declared war last night, signed a treaty with OBR yesterday and are working with our allies in Karma. All these, and more, likely came before this. Personally my priorities recently go like this: exams/papers > work > NHL playoffs > girlfriend > Cybernations > hygiene.

I know you want to capitalize and everything little thing done here to recover from your comical PR disaster yesterday, but the fact is that we hadn't cleared this, we were discussing it before the war, it was down on the priorities list and MAD jumped the gun. Given that this was a discussion before the war (before Echelon had any obligation to help the NPO) and that this announcement was made hastily after Echelon declared and before we were able to properly address the new developments with MAD due to more pressing issues, I'm sure those less eager to point out the specks in our eyes will understand that this was nothing more than a error, and it's being corrected.

Now if you'll excuse me. I believe I'm going to have a shower.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Once again, this WAS cleared by Echelon. We DID talk to them, and they DID release us. Here is the log.

Apr 22 00:27:03 <suffusion> So, I don't want to blurt this out to the whole room

Apr 22 00:27:11 <El_Hefe[Echelon]> go for it

Apr 22 00:27:31 <suffusion> but I've been contacted by several former MAD members who want to fight for the other side.

Apr 22 00:27:59 <El_Hefe[Echelon]> well, we're not fighting for NPO now

Apr 22 00:28:56 <suffusion> Right. But they are still keen on fighting NPO anyway. Or I imagine so. I doubt they've all filtered that Echelon is out of this.

Apr 22 00:29:27 <El_Hefe[Echelon]> let them know that we are first

Apr 22 00:29:44 <suffusion> And if they still wish to fight?

Apr 22 00:30:58 <El_Hefe[Echelon]> they can leave Echelon to do so

Apr 22 00:31:06 <suffusion> Okay

Or is Echelon going to pull another flip flop on us?

Echelon declared war with full knowledge that we wanted out and with full knowledge that we planned to leave on good terms.

We delayed leaving because they asked us to do it slowly. Then they changed the situation while we were asleep.

They threw us under a bus in order to protect their reputation, after agreeing to let us leave on good terms.

Edited by Cirrus

Once again, this WAS cleared by Echelon. Here is the log.

But at the time when you were talking to us it hadn't been. Then you went and made this announcement without telling us. Again, mis-communication. Have fun fighting the war but it just doesn't appear that fighting it with GR is the best path of action at this time.

But at the time when you were talking to us it hadn't been. Then you went and made this announcement without telling us. Again, mis-communication. Have fun fighting the war but it just doesn't appear that fighting it with GR is the best path of action at this time.

I can post more logs here, but our intention was never to cause trouble for GR. I apologize for doing that.