MAD members split from Echelon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really wish to engage in the trolling here, but I'd like to note that if nothing else, this wasn't about saving pixels. This switch was made so that we could fight AGAINST NPO. We fully intend to do that.

I have a feeling Greenland Republic will not accept you, for they have too much honor for cowards like you. I may not be the biggest fan of the NPO, but I hate cowards like you much more then I hate them.

We are accepting them. Should they do something wrong, however, you'll be the first to know. Like I said, they talked to us before the war about this.

Those complaining in this thread are players who fight for NPO or those who do not want to seem unpopular on the forum in fear of being an outcast.

You choose not to defend the New Pacific Order for moral reasons despite the fact you're going to get trolled by everyone. That's commendable.

Has anyone else noticed everyone just copy-pastes other's responses in these alliance announcement threads? Does anyone have their own opinions?

Edited by Whitney

this probably should have been mentioned in the OP.

Indeed. I'm not a huge fan of this, but I really don't see the problem if it was discussed beforehand.

Though again, our ministers are going to hear from me for not being open about this (unless this happened in one of those forums that I don't visit.)

We are accepting them. Should they do something wrong, however, you'll be the first to know. Like I said, they talked to us before the war about this.

It really shouldn't matter when they talked with you about this. Even if you discuss leaving an alliance before a conflict encroaches, you wait until after said conflict is resolved before you jump ship and move on.

I know most alliances would condemn such action vehemently. If GR was about to be potentially curb stomped and some members fled your AA how would you want them to be treated? Think about it.

You made a choice to be part of Echelon. You therefore defend Echelon, it's that simple. This is pure treason.

Wow and i thought GR had class but if they are taking them well that shows none.

Apperantly this has been discussed a few days ago by government officials. At least they are not hiding for war, like some other currently do *cough* MDAP partners *cough*...

We also had some small merged alliances leaving recently because of the war and our position in it. I can see the reasoning of such smaller alliances however, they didn't want to get involved on the, for them, wrong sides. On a personal note, I think this should have been announced more early, though this wouldn't have made any real-world significant changes.

Edited by US of Europe

It really shouldn't matter when they talked with you about this. Even if you discuss leaving an alliance before a conflict encroaches, you wait until after said conflict is resolved before you jump ship and move on.

I know most alliances would condemn such action vehemently. If GR was about to be potentially curb stomped and some members fled your AA how would you want them to be treated? Think about it.

You made a choice to be part of Echelon. You therefore defend Echelon, it's that simple. This is pure treason.

Oh, now you're just LOOKING for reasons to be mad. We did indeed have the same problem, though they didn't make a topic about it - our reaction was "Oh well." We don't bear any ill will to them, nor will we bear any ill will towards wherever they go next.

Edited by Prince Yvl

If that is the case, it does make the situation a little bit better. It doesn't change the fact they deserted their alliance during wartime though.

Oh, now you're just LOOKING for reasons to be mad. We did indeed have the same problem, though they didn't make a topic about it - our reaction was "Oh well." We don't bear any ill will to them, nor will we bear any ill will towards wherever they go next.

I'm not looking for any reasons to be mad. I'm merely expressing my opinion that deserters should be shot. I'm also expressing that, taking into account everything in here being true, that they left right before a war knowing that the war was coming, and that GR is accepting these members, that I no longer have a positive opinion of GR in any way.

I don't really see why you would bear any ill will towards them, After all, they didn't abandon GR right before a war. They abandoned the 'other side'.

There are those who leave an alliance during peace time due to disagreements with where the alliance is heading. That's fine. There are those who leave an alliance before a war and flee to a non involved alliance. That's bad. Then are are those that switch sides right before a war. That's horrible.

I know of some individuals who were considering leaving alliances all around Planet Bob before the war started. However, all of them decided to stay honorable, and stay with their alliances during this time of tension and potential conflict.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by ajaxpenny

It seems like GR already gave their word about letting them come over, and GR has always been good on its word. I doubt all the political opinion in the world will change that. I trust GR knows what they are doing.

I'm also expressing that, taking into account everything in here being true, that they left right before a war knowing that the whole was coming,

Just to clarify something here... the first thing anyone in Echelon heard about this desertion was about 6 hours after our DoW was posted.

There was no leaving just before the war... this was in bello desertion, plain and simple.

Seems like that time is when you're about to be attacked o'clock
As has been noted, we have been discussing this with GR for some time. There was no discussion in Echelon about which side to join. Leadership withheld information from the membership, did not provide an opportunity for debate, and simply made the assumption that everyone would be happy to fight for NPO's hegemony. It would have been better if we had done it 2 days ago, but alas, everything becomes complicated. In fact we were prepared to make the switch last night before the revolution got going in full swing, but decided to wait until today when Echelon backed away from NPO, so we could move on good terms.

Furthermore, Echelon released us!

Echelon leadership sent out a message last night saying that any nations who wanted to join the war were free to do so, provided they leave Echelon first. Then somebody in Echelon declared war long after update when everyone else was in bed, so we had to move on less than ideal terms.

well seems you started this pre-war. Nonetheless i think it's very bad taste and i hope GR won't ever be given the same treatment from you.
If GR decides to go back on our negotiations because the forum doesn't like us, that is their choice and we will respect it. However, I want to note that this has nothing to do with protecting infrastructure. We are willing to be ZIed if that's where this goes. In fact, we began negotiations to move before knowing that this would be such a curbstomping; we expected to be on the smaller side of the war. But we would rather die in support of a good cause than be cannon fodder for an empire we don't agree with.
There are those who leave an alliance during peace time due to disagreements with where the alliance is heading. That's fine. There are those who leave an alliance before a war and flee to a non involved alliance. That's bad. Then are are those that switch sides right before a war. That's horrible.
This merits some explanation. Those who remember me may have noticed that I haven't been on the boards for a long time. This is because I haven't been active. During peace time we were content to sit back, send out aid when requested by the alliance, and not be involved in greater robertopolitics. When it became clear that war was coming, we immediately began making preparations to move. Unfortunately, rounding up a group of people, talking the situation over with them, coming to a consensus, then finding a place to go takes time.
You choose not to defend the New Pacific Order for moral reasons despite the fact you're going to get trolled by everyone. That's commendable.
Thank you.

Ironically, this announcement was written yesterday before the revolution began. We are small group of nations and frankly don't merit a large thread on the OWF, but we had hoped that it would add to the political pressure on the NPO side of the war, and help to convince fence sitters to join the war.

Obviously with the war becoming a popular revolution, that turned out not to be necessary. We could have left Echelon and nobody outside that alliance would have been the wiser, but with our alliance flip-flopping all over the place, we decided it would make sense to let everyone know where we stand.

For the record, we stand for the side of right, regardless of what that does to our infrastructure.

Ironically, this announcement was written yesterday before the revolution began.

Well then in all fairness Cirrus... if the announcement was written yesterday why not post it yesterday? Rather 1.15 pm (GMT) today... More than 6 hours after the Echelon DoW was posted?

Can you not see where people are coming from with their criticism?

Edited by Chogsilanimous