MAD members split from Echelon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from a guy who's only fighting 1 lousy war on someone half his size, and still finding a way to be in anarchy.

Glad you left echelon, you suck.

Oh yeah? You have a way to avoid anarchy when you are nuked? No? Ah, ok. Good job. No, really.

No, he seriously believes that an SDI keeps your nation out of nuclear anarchy.

well, maybe not, but i wasted 7 nukes on a nation before i got a hit a couple of days ago. so, owning one is a lot of help to one's alliance. question is, if he is half your size and nuke capable, why don't you have one??

This from a guy who's only fighting 1 lousy war on someone half his size, and still finding a way to be in anarchy.

Glad you left echelon, you suck.

I can appreciate you defending our AA's honor. I mean that. But don't get yourself bounced by dropping to his level ;)

Also we are all well aware of the SDI's capabilities from our little match with MK, that is why we went to such great pains to acquire them.

Edited by Neo Anglia

Kind of cute coming from a guy whose alliance has just encouraged this exact type of behavior.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55209

I hate to be standing up for Vox, but this analogy is simply incorrect. You see, at the time of that announcement, Vox was losing a war and was horribly out-numbered. If you can't see the difference between leaving an alliance to declare neutrality in a conflict and leaving an alliance to join the losing side of a war... Well, I'm not sure what else there is to say. I'm not saying that if someone in GOD had done that I wouldn't be a little bit upset at them(read: have them taken outside and shot), but I certainly wouldn't call it cowardice.

Echelon had the balls. You're just alliance deserters and should get what is coming to them.

EDIT: If your alliance is currently at a war you stay there no matter what. Loyalty or no loyalty you stay and fight. Grow a pair and leave after the war. Why leave now? You should have been under the impression that they would fight with NPO for a week now. I'd be sad to see GR accept you.

I agree with that statement

Your understanding of mutualism (aka friendship) is a parasitic interaction, one where one alliance feeds off another and aims to further themselves through the harm of others just because they have something in "common." Use people for their protection and then talk smack about them behind their backs? You're surprised we cut you loose? I'm surprised we tried to fix our relationship for so long while you kept insulting our ways, alliance, and membership. Believe me when I say you got off easy.

Seriously AYB, everyone was talking smack about everyone when that split happened in Echelon. Are you going to tell me that KM wasn't saying to people that he was going to ZI me and Jay for treason for leaving 2 weeks before you hit MK, when .gov was saying time and time again that they were going to stay neutral in the battle, and had a group on IRC people all agree with KM that it was treason. Now I'm not going to hold KM to that, but dont be some grand hypocrate, as what the RLMMO people did was in their public forums which they knew some Echelon members had access to.

As for parasitic, lets not go there. I was there for the descussion of the NpO treaty, and how you were breaking it when the members of 1V were thinking of attacking an ally of the NpO and Echelon didn't inform the NpO as they had promised to do according to their treaty. This happened not once but twice. Play realpolitiks as much as you want, but know that the spirit of any alliance suffers when you act in such a manner.

I had no love for the NpO, but honor is honor, and I made it clear that when this decision was taking place that Echelon had infact sold it's honor. That more then anything else resulted in the large excudes of people from Echelon, bringing you from you hights of 190 members after the MAD merger (probably mroe since I left before then so did about 10-15 individuals) to your now ~120 members. You can talk all this talk that you are stronger for it, but fact remains your not, you lost active members that were willing to fight and die for Echelon even against all odds defending NpO, not because of love for the NpO but to keep the honor of Echelon alive.

We should have done the same thing that your now doing, but for BLEU.

That said what MAD is doing is dispicable. Echelon had their treaty with the NPO and was in 1V when you merged with them. You knew where they lay and what policies they followed. Those members used the protection of Echelon and in the end when it was time to stand up for it they abandoned ship. GR should be ashamed on itself for playing a part in all this.

Try reading the thread before replying, folks. For one, we didn't end up in GR.

Here are the unbiased, absolute facts, about which everyone should agree: We asked Echelon's government for permission to leave before Echelon became involved in the war. Echelon's government said that was fine, but asked us to delay the move a little bit. We said OK. Then shortly after we went offline, Echelon declared war.

Now here is my fully biased interpretation of those facts: We thought we were leaving under amicable terms with the full blessing of the Echelon government, right up until we were thrown under a bus at the last second. Echelon said it was OK to leave but asked us to wait until the morning, then declared war in the middle of the night. We were lied to, and we do not appreciate that. Loyalty goes both ways; you don't get ours if you lie to us.

Now, if you want to blame us for making this public or for not being active enough to know that a war with very different sides than any in the past was coming until shortly before it arrived, those would be fair criticisms (we have, after all, been sitting back and just sending in cash to Echelon whenever asked for several months now). Blaming us for following instructions and trying to do things on the up and up, then being thrown under a bus because Echelon was taking a PR hit... that is low, and not a respectable position. Lying for PR is not honorable.

Edited by Cirrus

Here are the unbiased, absolute facts, about which everyone should agree: We asked Echelon's government for permission to leave before Echelon became involved in the war. Echelon's government said that was fine, but asked us to delay the move a little bit. We said OK. Then shortly after we went offline, Echelon declared war.

Now here is my fully biased interpretation of those facts: We thought we were leaving under amicable terms with the full blessing of the Echelon government, right up until we were thrown under a bus at the last second. Echelon said it was OK to leave but asked us to wait until the morning, then declared war in the middle of the night. We were lied to, and we do not appreciate that. Loyalty goes both ways; you don't get ours if you lie to us.

Now, if you want to blame us for making this public or for not being active enough to know that a war with very different sides than any in the past was coming until shortly before it arrived, those would be fair criticisms (we have, after all, been sitting back and just sending in cash to Echelon whenever asked for several months now). Blaming us for following instructions and trying to do things on the up and up, then being thrown under a bus because Echelon was taking a PR hit... that is low, and not a respectable position. Lying for PR is not honorable.

I don't know about all that stuff - the conversation(s) within Echelon etc I am not privy to. What I do know is that as an unaligned that hadn't visited IRC or any alliance forum for months, I knew that NPO was getting hit, and hard, over a month ago. You're either stupid or lying if you didn't know this as well.

I know you're not stupid, Cirrus. You didn't want to be on the losing side of a massive war. That's alright. Just admit that you love your !@#$@#$ infra, and get the $%&@ out.

Even if we said this (which probably happened I'm not really disputing that) we would have never said "go join our enemies". That's what's so ridiculous to me.