Announcement from The Order of the Black Rose

Neboe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad to see this go. It may not have been the best way to accomplish it's own aims... But it's Spirit was in the right place. And that counts for a lot.

I must confess I greatly anticipate whatever next comes forth from my good friends at the Order.

Edit: Added a may not that was missing due to massive lack of sleep in the author.

Edited by Neuromancer7

The Writ de Credo was written is such a way that it it enslaved it's signatories and removed the right of self-defense if the OBR ever attacked them, whether justified or just out of boredom. They were called out on this and so they are backpedaling. <_<

Doubt this was something done by the general membership, but this is what happens when your alliance is lead by a lawyer. :lol:

Well that explains why I had a helluva time understanding the thing in the first place. Good thing OBR supplied us with the Cliff notes...

On the other tentacle, I'm sad to see this go. It was an interesting and honorable document we were proud to have signed.

On the gripping tentacle, I doubt if OBR would have first-struck anybody...

Well that explains why I had a helluva time understanding the thing in the first place. Good thing OBR supplied us with the Cliff notes...

On the other tentacle, I'm sad to see this go. It was an interesting and honorable document we were proud to have signed.

On the gripping tentacle, I doubt if OBR would have first-struck anybody...

Agreed, but the WDC allowed for it.

OBR was never neutral, just resting.

Also, to anyone who may think to take advantage of OBR's exposed nature, I highly recommend not. There are some of us who consider them extremely close friends who would take it very offensively if you were to attack them or Blackwater.

Agreed.

On both sides of the war.

Why anyone would want to attack an entity of such colossal average strength that has no political ambitions is beyond me. It's not like they needed the Writ, anyway.

<OOC corner>I'm impressed, guys. A whopping 31 posts before anyone mentioned "honor" in this latest OBR topic. >.> <.<</>

The Writ de Credo was written is such a way that it it enslaved it's signatories and removed the right of self-defense if the OBR ever attacked them, whether justified or just out of boredom. They were called out on this and so they are backpedaling. <_<

Doubt this was something done by the general membership, but this is what happens when your alliance is lead by a lawyer. :lol:

No it wasn't-- it was written in such a way that OBR thought they had enslaved its signatories. No one would have ever held themselves to terms of which they were not aware.

No it wasn't-- it was written in such a way that OBR thought they had enslaved its signatories. No one would have ever held themselves to terms of which they were not aware.

Just because alliances would have violated the treaty in the name of self-preservation doesn't make such action a non-violation of the treaty. They didn't think they wrote it that way, the did write it that way. Whether or not alliances would have obeyed the treaty is irrelevant.