Announcement from The Order of the Black Rose

Neboe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why anyone would want to attack an entity of such colossal average strength that has no political ambitions is beyond me. It's not like they needed the Writ, anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure if this was a totally selfish act or if there's something going on, but I liked having our name on that treaty. It was something solid that passed the test of time because it was unique and OBR is such a great group.

Just because alliances would have violated the treaty in the name of self-preservation doesn't make such action a non-violation of the treaty. They didn't think they wrote it that way, the did write it that way. Whether or not alliances would have obeyed the treaty is irrelevant.

Irrelevant if you want to pat yourself on the back for being a cunning linguist, not irrelevant if you wanted the treaty to actually work.

Dear Knights,

I must support you in your decision to finally lay to rest the noble writ. Whilst it has served you in its time, no longer will such a document prove beneficial to the Order. Rather, the pact of neutrality might serve only to constrain the Order from doing what is Right, what with the alliances having signed the pact changing so greatly over time. Now you may find true allies with whom you can fight alongside without worry of conflicting obligations. I trust you will form very strong relationships, if only very few.

while it is sad to see something like the Writ come to an end, it is totally understandable

I do apologize for not making over before but it is a mistake I promise to remedy now, so that we can continue growing our ties and relationship.