Fall Barbarossa Ausf B.

Kaiser Martens

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the Tahoan Mediterranean Squadron is tasked with keeping the Straits of Gibraltar open for civilian traffic and that includes either side from mining the strait. We are not stopping either side from moving through the strait, but our neutrality includes allowing civilian traffic to continue unimpeded.

Therefore, the ships carrying the mines were prevented from deploying their mines immediately after patrol ships discovered their intent, and ordered to clean up the potentially disastarous situation.

*** Classified Message to Canada ***

We are not impeding either side in passing through the Straits of Gibraltar. If you can get through, you can get through, we will not stop you.

*** /end message ***

OOC: My bad, I didn't mean actually in the Straits of Gibraltar. Of course, I did write it like that so I'll go along with it.

IC: The ships carrying the mines immediately backed off - the mines were yet to be deployed as the Tahoan Mediterranean Squadron spotted them before they could lay them. However, outside of the Gibraltar area, mining was still in progress and would now be thicker due to the addition of the failed Gibraltar mining. In addition, after a large gap in the Mediterranean, mines were laid across the coasts of Alvonia and the Union of Western Europe - the NC was notified of 'safe routes' to navigate the mines in case additional ships were to leave.

OOC2: :]

IC2: Southern Italy had been all but wrapped up. After the successful dogfight over Rome, the paratroopers were being reinforced by missile strikes launched from mobile missile launchers in Naples. The city had been relatively easy to capture, as most of the reinforcements had been stalled by bombing runs. Rome was being pummeled on the outside, and B-12s continued their destruction of the interior.

"Total it."

"Sir? You sure?"

"Get rid of it."

"Roger, roger."

Angel guided her B-12 group away from their original target and unleashed her cache of bombs, totaling the Colosseum. The massive structure fell dramatically, flames erupting from all sides as the stone crumbled to the ground. Artemis paratroopers (a strange sight these days) had their aerial reinforcements and were slowly advancing into the city.

Aotearoan ELINT planes overhead of the Carrier group were scanning all frequencies and channels, and sending them through BattleNet and highpowered dedicated decoding computers. Keyword recognition software picked out one rather interesting message sent from a position less than 1500km from their current point.

Keywords: Mine, Mediterranean NC

Full message: Classified

Summary. Details of mines in med, and safe passages. These mines should be easy to detect and evade.

This intercept was distributed via BattleNet to ships computers on theatre combat zone.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: How big is 50KT in nuclear size? Hiroshima bomb, modern nuclear warhead?

OOC: Yes thats about the size, but they are not nuclear weapons, they are MoAB/FoAB's which are fuel airburst weapons. Its still conventional weaponry.

Edited by iamthey

Aotearoan ELINT planes overhead of the Carrier group were scanning all frequencies and channels, and sending them through BattleNet and highpowered dedicated decoding computers. Keyword recognition software picked out one rather interesting message sent from a position less than 1500km from their current point.

Keywords: Mine, Mediterranean NC

Full message: Classified

Summary. Details of mines in med, and safe passages. These mines should be easy to detect and evade.

This intercept was distributed via BattleNet to ships computers on theatre combat zone.

OOC: Yay, godmodding!

Edited by Sargun

Slavorussia surrenders unconditionally.

This is failing of humanity. We cannot see why you would offer such a resistance, merely to roll over to these dogs, invading for no just cause.

Edited by LeVentNoir

This is failing of humanity. We cannot see why you would offer such a resistance, merely to roll over to these dogs, invading for no just cause.

We can no longer continue the fight our communitcations systems have been destroyed, our army is in shambles, Our allies have all failed us betrayed us, or left the war. Slavorussia has been thrown to the wolves... literally. We curse the day we every helped a RUSSIAN nation in it's time of need. We only hope the nords continue their conquest and conquer all of Russia.

Edit: not a rage quit, but I am quitting. What's gone on in this war behind the scenes is rediculous. It almost makes me think people have something against me ooc, because I have never seen so many shady deals done behind closed doors before.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Justice is decided by the strong, the weak must endure their lot ;).

OOC: Justinian or any others don't take that the wrong way, I was just channeling LVN. :P

Edited by iamthey

The first news started coming through around 3.28: over 140 dead in Baku. It started as a rumour. Slowly the numbers rise. "It cannot be true can it? But it is true." said a passer by. Then it becomes clear: the war is lost, Russia surrenders infront of the nordic coalition. "Women and children have been killed "in the name of liberation"" said Heydar Aliyev, former Chairman of the Communist Party of the Azerbaijani Republic. From the Baku mosques ans sinagogues the sound of the prayers becomes clear over the silence in the night.

A girls choir of Azeri and Armenian girls from Baku sings songs about peace, an Azeri women's cooperative from the Talysh-Mughan Autonomous Republic sell their beautiful embroidery, not yet knowing what is going on elsewhere. Yet slowly the news spreads. Many of the citizens felt the activities should be stopped. "How can we work when there is such a catastrophe in Baku?"

From mouth to mouth and through SMS people started to turn up at the squares and streets. Frustrated, angry, helpless. Large white papers and big felt tip pens were used to create make-shift placards. More and more people turned up. In the area of Yerevan and Lankaran the shops closed one after the other, while the demo organised itself somehow. The police didn't came, police officers took part in the demonstration for Slavorussia, to remember Justinian the Mighty and the soldiers died in the Battle of Saint Petersburg

Yes, the Azerbaijani Government surrendered, the bureaucratic process started, but the people of Azerbaijan still view Justianian as the Ally, and the nordic coalition as the evil invaders. The Azerbaijani People have never been prevented from expressing their opinion and peacefully demonstrate on their own territory. Citizens walked nearby Artemis' soldiers, without looking at them, ignoring them. More and more people came to the peaceful and quiet demo, in shock, sad. Many people from Yerevan have family in Slavorussia. After all, they lived togheter for hundreds of year. White flags were made out of makeshift materials, a young girl brought a Slavorussian flag. Anger and shock at the sights broadcast by DailyNews.Az. The crowd grew bigger and bigger, a minute of silence in memory of the dead. There are no words to describe the horror.

Edited by President Aliyev

**Classified**

With the failing of Slavorussia, the Glorious Aotearoan fleet separated from the Canadian one, and started to travel back to home waters. Combat status would be maintained until past the horn of africa.

The CAP with missile truck and AWACS support would continue, while ELINT planes would still be watching for enemy communications.

Justice is decided by the strong, the weak must endure their lot ;).

You still believe in 'justice'? There is no such thing. What happened here was one did not appreciate the power of their position and threw it away. It is a failing.

OOC: The declassified plan involves spy infiltration and knocking over a cup of coffee. Also ICBMs don't violate airspace if they go into space, otherwise a satellite is violating air space.

OOC: See, but they would require extensive RP. How would you get into my thumbprint database? How would you get past the final checkpoints?

Then I would just dry the punchcard. :P

We can no longer continue the fight our communitcations systems have been destroyed, our army is in shambles, Our allies have all failed us betrayed us, or left the war. Slavorussia has been thrown to the wolves... literally. We curse the day we every helped a RUSSIAN nation in it's time of need. We only hope the nords continue their conquest and conquer all of Russia.

Edit: not a rage quit, but I am quitting. What's gone on in this war behind the scenes is rediculous. It almost makes me think people have something against me ooc, because I have never seen so many shady deals done behind closed doors before.

OOC: What betrayal? IC, no RUSSIAN nation has betrayed Slavorussia as far as I know. OOC of course that is a different story. Sorry to see you go Justinian, and as I said before I have nothing against you OOC.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

OOC: Justinian I hope that we see you again and its unfortunate that these are the conditions that you leave with. Good luck in RL and I hope to see you again. I'm sure everyone will keep some area in case you come back :)

OOC: Sarah just about summed up everything. I hope you come back to CNRP someday. Good luck in RL. ^_^

Edited by JEDCJT