A Pact in Faith, For the People, By the People

WarriorConcept

Put my name on this. Eternal ZI status is an extremely cheap tactic and I could never support it. A name change in-game and a new persona are all that is needed to start anew. A person should be able to share their OOC identity with their friends. However, using their previous identity as leverage should be punishable by ZI once again.

A new name, a new persona.

Signed,

Jason8

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But when someone himself crosses the OOC/IC border, may it be by spying (and continuing to do so with new characters, with the only purpose of character recreation to camoflage espionage) or by hacking or other such crimes, EZE is the fitting punishment.

So ultimately, it is up to everyone how to act: don't want others to cross the IC/OCC line, don't cross it yourself.

However, no ingame action, no ingame politics etc, should ever lead to such a punishment.

But when someone himself crosses the OOC/IC border, may it be by spying (and continuing to do so with new characters, with the only purpose of character recreation to camoflage espionage) or by hacking or other such crimes, EZE is the fitting punishment.

So ultimately, it is up to everyone how to act: don't want others to cross the IC/OCC line, don't cross it yourself.

However, no ingame action, no ingame politics etc, should ever lead to such a punishment.

Considering that Shilo and I agree on virtually everything, it is fitting that I agree with him here.

If you have come back to Planet Bob under a new name, and a new personality, then you should be left alone.

If you come back, and expect to be let off even though you do the exact same things that got you on EZI in the first place, then expect no sympathy.

The best example i can think of is SirGalahad. He did it the right way. He changed his ingame character and became a new one.

So yes, I agree with this. EZI should be something that isn't handed out for every single crime, it should be for extreme cases only. Handing them out like candy has made the sentence meaningless anyway. Now instead of going out with bang, people go out with a ZI.

Edit: Just for clarification,

/s/

Litha Riddle of Enigmathena

Edited by Litha Riddle

I find the wording slightly... confusing.

Certainly I might share IPs to figure out if the guy who spied on my friend's forum is a current member of my alliance, but I might well be convinced that sharing an IP to find out if my member is a 10th reroll who has done nothing wrong recently is to be banned.