A Pact in Faith, For the People, By the People

WarriorConcept

i believe a thread like this was created and locked just a few days ago...

That was an appeal to admin/the moderation staff. Admin has stated on multiple occasions that this subject is not something he will rule on, and that the players needs to make their own decisions on the issue. This thread falls under the category of players trying to change a practice in the game rather than asking Admin to change it, and as such there is no reason to lock it as the other was.

For reference:

As I said in August any rules from game administration would force our hand into endless grey areas and he-said-she-said situations that we have no business getting involved in. The best way to go about getting this done is to petition the player base and alliances themselves to charter and uphold policies against E-ZI.

Now carry on, and no more discussion about locks.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the wording slightly... confusing.

Certainly I might share IPs to figure out if the guy who spied on my friend's forum is a current member of my alliance, but I might well be convinced that sharing an IP to find out if my member is a 10th reroll who has done nothing wrong recently is to be banned.

Only at his 10th?

Anyway I sign

aka Sargon of Akkad

Pact of Faith

I come before you not as a member of the New Sith Order, but as a fellow nation leader. It has come to pass in my experience, and the experience of many of you before me, that the world at large has been screaming for a change. While I am obviously a pro-change person at the moment, I'd like to take the initiative for one of the biggest arguments on Planet Bob to light. EZI.

At the moment some alliances have deemed it fit to EZI certain leaders. Those fellow leaders are searched and hunted down through a very intricate system which involves cross-checking of IPs, off-site surrender forums for the goal of obtaining said IPs, and asking certain people on IRC, our global communication network. These leaders are then subsequently banned from ever joining an alliance again and deemed fit to never have infrastructure again in the eyes of the people whom assigned them this fate. Should they try to renew a nation under perhaps a different persona the effects are the same, just the timespan for the attacks taking longer.

I come before you now with my own personal view. What I just described above is disgusting, terrible, and completely oversteps the bounds of planet bob and that of the people outside of it. If you feel as I do, then sign the pact below.

The Whole alliance of the Brotherhood of Nod aggree to this.

/Signed

Saying that, I would like to see this or a similar document signed by alliances instead of nation leaders.

I hope I'm wrong, but as long as we don't have this signed by alliances , initiatives as these will be just a waste of time

There is one called ZIPP, sponsored by VE.

Hacking or other crimes should be handled by the OOC authorities. As I've always said, OOC should stay OOC. With that said I cannot add your names till you agree with the document.

When someone carries OOC things into a game, it is absolutely fitting to react with ingame measures (as well as) OOC measures if they fit. (illegally obtaining access to a forum to spy is no crime, but it is breaking in under false pretense in a private forum. When then someone attempts to use OOC methodes like proxies etc, multiple nations to attempt such espionage, then chasing that person down with all means necessary is the right way to react.)

You may add my signature as limited to my opposition of punishing ingame acts with EZI.

I'm sure you realize this, but I can't imagine this document will change anything, even if you reached 1000 signatures. Those that would sign already uphold the tenets of this pact, and those that believe in E-ZI obviously aren't going to sign, and already know that E-ZI is unpopular; they do it anyway. Similar to the ZIPP, all it really does is make things 'official'.

edit: The only way a treaty like this can be successful is if the signatories refuse to have relations with non-signatories. And let's face it, very few people care enough about the issue to start dropping allies because of it.

Edited by Lord Brendan

I'm sure you realize this, but I can't imagine this document will change anything, even if you reached 1000 signatures. Those that would sign already uphold the tenets of this pact, and those that believe in E-ZI obviously aren't going to sign, and already know that E-ZI is unpopular; they do it anyway. Similar to the ZIPP, all it really does is make things 'official'.

I hear that public opinion means nothing. We all have no power. The powers at be decide our fates.

I, President Dendodge of The Free land of Dendodgia, hereby sign this document with my autograph and seal, and hope for many years of peace and prosperity to come.