TPF Announcement!

TPFannoun.png

Its something that happens time and time again. Two alliances go to war, and end up becoming closer. I'm sure all you remember our war against Soldier. Months have passed since then, and Soldier have proved that they have grown past the issues that they had. We found that in every day and in every way they were getting better and better. That is why I am honored to make the following announcement.

Soldier is now a member of the Overlords Protectorate Pact.

I hope everyone will join me in welcoming Soldier to OPP. I look forward to working with you in the future.

On another note, it has come to my attention that someone has been launching spy attacks again against Soldier. This is something we will not stand for.

Tpf_opp_finalcopy3.jpg

The Overlord's Protectorate Pact

Preamble

While it is understood that The Phoenix Federation (TPF) is primarily responsible for the welfare of its protectorates, the undersigned protectorate alliances recognize that in order to assure the friendship, stability, growth, peace, and security of our respective alliances, closer bonds are required. In that spirit, we, the representatives of the undersigned Protectorates of The Phoenix Federation along with the representatives of The Phoenix Federation (TPF), do hereby establish the Overlord's Protectorate Pact (OPP).

Article I: Sovereignty

This Pact shall not infringe on the sovereignty of the signatories and shall serve to only embody the friendship and trust amongst the signatory alliances.

Article II: Organization

Section 1: OPP Council

Each signatory shall appoint one individual to speak for their respective alliance in matters regarding the OPP. The Council shall be chaired by a representative appointed by TPF.

Section 2: OPP Military

The OPP Council shall appoint military representatives from each protectorate to form a Military Council and be be chaired by a military representative appointed by TPF. The purpose of the military council is for coordination of respective militaries if action is necessary.

Section 3: Communication

In order to maintain the bonds of friendship among signatories, members are encouraged to frequent the OPP forums and OPP IRC channel.

Section 3.1: Communication Requirements

All signatories, TPF and OPP Members, are required to inform each other of any change of leadership within 24 hours of occurrence.

Article III: Friendship

Section 1: Non-Aggression

The signatories of this pact are obligated to desist from any acts of spying and/or wars either individually or jointly with other powers against the signatory alliances. Signatories are obliged to settle differences via private channels (FTW). If necessary, TPF will mediate disputes between signatories.

Section 2: Intel

Signatories are prohibited from spying on one another both in-game and otherwise. In the event of a discovery that a hostile action planned by an outside force against one of the signatores, members are obligated to share this information with the targeted signatory.

Section 3: Aid

While TPF maintains the primary responsibility to aid signatory alliances both financially and militarily, OPP members are strongly encouraged to provide assistance to each other, based on need and best potential for development

Section 4: Eductional Materials

Signatory alliances are prohibited from sharing/copying/disbursing any educational guides provided by TPF to non-signatories.

Section 5: OPP Signatories will support the TPF candidate(s) in the Senate.

Article IV: Foreign Affairs

Section 1: Outside Treaties

OPP members are prohibited from signing outside treaties without prior approval from TPF. Additionally, OPP as an entity is prohibited from signing any treaties.

Section 2: Mutual Defense

While it is understood that TPF will vigorously defend their protectorates without question, the signatory protectorates are required to inform TPF of an issue requiring assistance. If a diplomatic solution cannot be made, OPP members with approval from TPF, may opt for an OPP Defensive Action instead of a TPF action. The request of an OPP action by an OPP member, must go before the OPP council. If a majority decision for an OPP action is not reached within 24 hours, the defensive action will automatically fall to TPF. If a majority decision is reached for an OPP defensive action, then all signatory protectorates are required to respond in defense of the attacked signatory.

Section 3: Optional Aggression

While it's always preferable to resolve issues diplomatically, it is understood that it is not always possible. In the event that an aggressive action is desired, the signatory protectorate is required to inform TPF and the other OPP members. With TPF's approval, the OPP member may request an OPP Offensive Action by presenting the request to the council. Any signatory protectorate may join in on the offensive action at their discretion, but participation is strongly encouraged. OPP members are required to notify other OPP members and TPF of any offensive operations, but if assistance is requested, a minimum 72 hours lead time is required.

Section 4: Protecting Our Protector

While recognizing that TPF is capable of defending itself, there may be situations that arise where additional support is needed. In that spirit TPF may request the assistance of the signatory protectorates of OPP. Such a request for a Protecting Our Protector action must be presented by TPF to the OPP Council. If a majority decision is reached by the OPP Council for an POP action, then all signatory protectorates are required to respond in defense of TPF.

Section 5: Fighting with TPF

TPF may request that OPP members join in on an offensive action. Such a request must be presented to the OPP Council. Any signatory protectorate may join in on the offensive action at their discretion, but participation is strongly encouraged. If assistance is requested by TPF for an OPP offensive action, a minimum 72 hours lead time is required.

Section 6: Peace Talks

TPF shall assist resolution of a war by attending peace talks from resulting OPP actions and negotiating terms for OPP as a whole. Member alliances are prohibited from negotiating their own terms.

Article VI: Modification

As Planet Bob grows and changes, so shall the needs of the signatories of the OPP. Any OPP alliance or TPF may present changes to this treaty, but such a modfication requires a unanimous vote of of the OPP council and the approval of The Evil Overlord of TPF.

Article VII: Supercedence

Where applicable, this pact has supercedence over existing protectorate agreements and any external treaties signed by OPP members.

Article VIII: Cancellation

Section 1: OPP members may leave at any time, but in doing so it is understood that it will also void any protectorate agreement with TPF. Such a cancellation requires 5 days cancellation period after notification before the articles contained within are void.

Section 2: TPF may expel a member for violation of both the spirit and letter of this pact.

Current Members:

64Digits

Iran

United Foundation

TSI

Terra Prime

New Member:

The AUT - Chairman

facetten - Chancellor

Melutar - Chancellor

Kaiser Gutenhagen - Minister of the Interior

King William - Minister of Foreign Affairs

Lady Dodger - Minister of Economics

Nada2486 - Minister of Defense

EDIT: I so failed Copy-pasting this. <3 TSI, and <3 TP

Edited by Felix von Agnu

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who look at this announcement all confused let me just say a word on why Soldier did this.

When TPF attacked us two months ago we were fuming. We wanted nothing to do with TPF rather to just pay off our tech then plot ways to go against them. My alliance and I were furious and we were for quite some time. When I had to bring myself to find a new protector I went to some old friends who just did not want to take us in for whatever reason. Although I completely understand their reasoning it did leave me stranded and the future of my alliance uncertain.

Then one day an alliance threatened to attack myself and put my alliance in danger due to some comments made in lieu of conversation. There was only one alliance who stood up for us in our sickly state, and that was The Phoenix Federation. For once in my Cyber Nations career I had not only someone who stood up for myself and my alliance, but for what was right. They could’ve very easily given up on us but each time they showed us kindness and understanding.

I did think they may have been doing this for show, but why? Why would they do it for us of all alliances? People told me to be weary of them, many did. However I cannot help but tell their friendship was in fact genuine and sincere despite what many had said. This treaty is not only a piece of parchment that both signatories agree to, but also a symbol of the turning point between our two alliances.

The Phoenix Federation has extended their hand of friendship to us, and it is about time we in turn did the same.

o7 Soldier

o7 TPF

Soldier looks forward to working with TPF and our fellow OPP in the future. We have gotten to know TPF well over the last month or so, and they are an excellent group of people. We have much to learn from them, they have much to teach, and we have many friends to make. To the future!

o/ TPF

\0 Soldier

It's great to have you guys join us as signatories of the Overlord's Protectorate Pact. TPF has always been a stand up alliance and also stepped up for First United Council, before UF, in their time of need. I have nothing but respect for those at TPF and always will. Once again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.

o/ Soldier

o/ TPF

o/ UF

o/ OPP

I for one was one of the people who despised TPF in the beginning. After they attacked us I was furious. But after time I came to see what good people they are. They stuck up for us when no one else would, and even offered to take us back.

o/ Soldier

o/ TPF

o/ OPP

May our friendship last for many moons on Planet Bob! :D

Lies!!! All Lies I tell ya!! We're EBIL!!! demon.gif

I wasn't sure, when we first started dealing with Soldier, where things would lead... I am happy to say that Soldier has turned out to be some pretty great people. I'm also glad to say we can count them not only as friends.. but as OPP members now :)

oo/ The AUT frantic.gif

oo/ Dodger

oo/ Soldier

And of course.. oo/ TPF .. Lets party down OPP-style devildance.gif

*EDIT*

I am very happy to see Solider in the OPP, and that a new chapter in our relationship has begun.

I see GLU has started the party without us drunk2.gif hehe

Edited by deathcat

Not precisely expected, but unsurprising.

What Haflinger said.

Since I've come to like Soldier (particularly AUT) and already liked TPF to begin with, this makes me a very happy Edgecrusher. :jihad:

o/ Soldier

o/ OPP

o/ TPF

:awesome: Foes becoming friends :awesome: