This Week in Pacifica

More founders left?? How many are still in the Pacific Order?
Founders of the New Pacific Order

Karpathos = deleted · RedCommunist = NSO · Ivan Moldavi = NSO · Koona = NPO · TrotskysRevenge = NPO · Vladimir =NPO · Iosef = deleted · LordValentine = Vox

3/8 are still in NPO, 6/8 still play.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I had this suspicion earlier, but now I'm convinced.

Slayer can not possibly be serious. The man is sick and twisted. He's probably sitting on IRC chuckling about how many times he can get people to re-explain how the Sanctum is being spied on. Poor old Bob Janova over there has face-palmed so many times now he's starting to look like Rihanna, and Azaghul I'm pretty sure just busted some geriatric's hip in a fit of frustration.

Well played, Slayer, well played.

You guys can explain all the theories in whatever logical arguments you'd like. I know the facts regarding what happened...I'm just not at liberty to discuss.

What I do find amusing is that people that have nothing to do with tC buying into the Vox propaganda that they have a spy in tC (rather than some other logical explanation that has already been alluded to by others). Vox has every reason to continue along this line, for spreading distrust among the Continuum leadership benefits their cause.

Vox further claims they don't have to post anything else with more ambiguous notions about us knowing there's a spy in tC...mostly because they no longer have the same ability to obtain such material.

I have to congratulate Schatt for taking a step up on the moral ladder. At least in this issue, you didn't applaud aid thieves, like "Boss Hogg", as was done in the last issue. There's hope for you yet, if you confess your sins and are truly penitent.

I'm a simple, backwoods country boy, and might be somewhat epistemologically-challenged compared to some of the more refined intellects that compose Vox Populi, so forgive me if I missed something. However, I've noticed that at least the last two issues of "TWiP" have highlighted disputes between members of Pacifica.

Now, I apologize if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered, it seems to me that it is the generally accepted view of Vox Populi is that all "common" members of the New Pacific Order are just mindless automatons, who click their heels and obey any government edict without question.

If this were the case, I would expect that any post by Emperor Revenge or one of the Imperial Officers would be met with nothing but approximately 900 responses consisting merely of "o/"

Since you have demonstrated, by your screenshots, that there is actually some occasional disagreement among members of the NPO, this would seem to indicate, to my simple mind at least, that the NPO permits freedom of speech and that the average Pacifican is not a mindless brute who automatically accepts government decrees unquestionably, but one who applies his own standards of judgement to these.

Again, I'm a mere country boy who is still awed by the technology of indoor flush toilets and who only wears shoes when he goes to church on Sunday, so I may be wrong. But I think that your posts disprove your own alliance's basic assumptions.

You guys can explain all the theories in whatever logical arguments you'd like. I know the facts regarding what happened...I'm just not at liberty to discuss.

What I do find amusing is that people that have nothing to do with tC buying into the Vox propaganda that they have a spy in tC (rather than some other logical explanation that has already been alluded to by others). Vox has every reason to continue along this line, for spreading distrust among the Continuum leadership benefits their cause.

Vox further claims they don't have to post anything else with more ambiguous notions about us knowing there's a spy in tC...mostly because they no longer have the same ability to obtain such material.

Well, if you are alluding to the truth, why don't you come out and say it? Perhaps I'm just stupid, but I can't seem to think of any other possible solutions. I mean, if Vox does not have a spy, and you guys just have extremely poor OPSEC, wouldn't information find its way to Vox in the form of text and summaries of the situation, instead of in the form of screencaps? I mean, the fact they are releasing screencaps is the key here. It implies that they are trying to prove something is going on, and that the text is not made up. If you are just leaky, and have Q top 3 releasing information to lower level government, they would not be using screencaps. The people who they are giving information to would trust their word. You see what I'm saying here?

Vox has every reason to continue along this line

And you have every reason to continue along yours.

There's something I've noticed and through experience it has informed how I interpret what is said around here with a fair amount of accuracy, and that is that you're all full of !@#$. I'm sure others have picked this up too.

The simplest explanation may not always be the correct one, but without any more information and other explanations being pushed by people of dubious motivation and reputation, you'll have to forgive us for sticking with the simple one. You can stand here and say "I know better, but I can't tell you" and it may be true, but you can't fault us for not accepting your explanation while you withhold the evidence.

Edited by Sal Paradise

large post i have cut down to make my post not xbox sized

I believe what they're alluding to is dissent is not well liked or really allowed in NPO, as was stated by katsumi like 20 pages ago, that thread was locked and moved fairly quickly.

When reading VP responses, I can't help but wonder if it isn't VP members who are who are the mindless automatons, blindly following their alliance's creed, or the NPO members, who even their enemies have demonstrated are thoughtful critics of their alliance's actions.

Thanks for your vote.

There's something I've noticed and through experience it has informed how I interpret what is said around here with a fair amount of accuracy, and that is that you're all full of !@#$. I'm sure others have picked this up too.

The simplest explanation may not always be the correct one, but without any more information and other explanations being pushed by people of dubious motivation and reputation, you'll have to forgive us for sticking with the simple one. You can stand here and say "I know better, but I can't tell you" and it may be true, but you can't fault us for not accepting your explanation while you withhold the evidence.

* Freelancer Laughs*

Sal, a most excellent post, there will be no rebuttal from the slinger of !@#$ because he will have none..

Slayer I believe your being called out... put up or shut up, either way I love it :P

Vox has more to gain by perpetuating the spy in Top 3 than we have by not releasing information.

I have to congratulate Schatt for taking a step up on the moral ladder. At least in this issue, you didn't applaud aid thieves, like "Boss Hogg", as was done in the last issue. There's hope for you yet, if you confess your sins and are truly penitent.

I'm a simple, backwoods country boy, and might be somewhat epistemologically-challenged compared to some of the more refined intellects that compose Vox Populi, so forgive me if I missed something. However, I've noticed that at least the last two issues of "TWiP" have highlighted disputes between members of Pacifica.

Now, I apologize if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered, it seems to me that it is the generally accepted view of Vox Populi is that all "common" members of the New Pacific Order are just mindless automatons, who click their heels and obey any government edict without question.

If this were the case, I would expect that any post by Emperor Revenge or one of the Imperial Officers would be met with nothing but approximately 900 responses consisting merely of "o/"

Since you have demonstrated, by your screenshots, that there is actually some occasional disagreement among members of the NPO, this would seem to indicate, to my simple mind at least, that the NPO permits freedom of speech and that the average Pacifican is not a mindless brute who automatically accepts government decrees unquestionably, but one who applies his own standards of judgement to these.

Again, I'm a mere country boy who is still awed by the technology of indoor flush toilets and who only wears shoes when he goes to church on Sunday, so I may be wrong. But I think that your posts disprove your own alliance's basic assumptions.

Funny, those threads were locked rather quickly

It was a matter of time before a Io closed the thread.

Freedom of speech maybe allowed but is very restricted.

Vox has more to gain by perpetuating the spy in Top 3 than we have by not releasing information.

Ah, but you have plenty to gain by pretending you've solved the spy problem and plenty to gain by accusing Vox of immoral tactics. And the point is proven and gain got by giving us the evidence. So the question is what do you have to lose by providing it? And while you may have a legitimate reason to withhold the evidence (OOC: a legal one perhaps, who knows?), you'll have a hard time convincing anybody of it using your arrogance and coy allusions.

And surely you know this. So all you're doing here is posturing, which further makes your sincerity suspect.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Funny, those threads were locked rather quickly

It was a matter of time before a Io closed the thread.

Freedom of speech maybe allowed but is very restricted.

Maybe because they were started by a known spy who was looking to screenshot dissenting views to send to his buddies at Vox for this very publication?

Maybe because they were started by a known spy who was looking to screenshot dissenting views to send to his buddies at Vox for this very publication?

I wouldn't say buddies, but yes they were taken for CN entertainment.

I mean what else is left interesting in CN besides TWiP

so the more journalists there are the better it is. ;)

so if somebody takes screen shots for sole purposes of Cn Entertainment they will be called Journalists, I wouldnt call them spies.

Spies are those who gather intel pertaining to offensive and or defensive maneuvers.

I take TWiP only as means of entertainement.

I wouldn't say buddies, but yes they were taken for CN entertainment.

I mean what else is left interesting in CN besides TWiP

so the more journalists there are the better it is. ;)

so if somebody takes screen shots for sole purposes of Cn Entertainment they will be called Journalists, I wouldnt call them spies.

Spies are those who gather intel pertaining to offensive and or defensive maneuvers.

I take TWiP only as means of entertainement.

That wasn't what I was getting at and I think you're intentionally trying to muddle the conversation here.

Those threads were closed due to the fact that a spy had started them for the sole purpose of getting his kicks via "entertainment." They served no real purpose and thus were locked.

Ah, but you have plenty to gain by pretending you've solved the spy problem and plenty to gain by accusing Vox of immoral tactics. And the point is proven and gain got by giving us the evidence. So the question is what do you have to lose by providing it? And while you may have a legitimate reason to withhold the evidence (OOC: a legal one perhaps, who knows?), you'll have a hard time convincing anybody of it using your arrogance and coy allusions.

And surely you know this. So all you're doing here is posturing, which further makes your sincerity suspect.

Actually they have nothing to gain by pretending to have solved the spy problem...it's too easily disproved if it hasn't. All Vox has to do is post a new screenshot with today's date. So they firmly believe the problem has been solved. And they have put some evidence before you, the lack of new screenshots being posted.

I have a hen house and some fox has been stealing eggs. I don't know what fox has been doing the stealing and haven't been able to track him, but each morning, I'm minus a few eggs. So I initiate some security precautions; better secure the screening, etc. Now since I've made the changes, I haven't lost anymore eggs. So I have to conclude that while I still don't know the fox who had been stealing the eggs, that the problem has been solved. At least until such time that I start losing eggs again.

tC's in the same spot, they may or may not know who the spy was. If they don't, they can hardly provide you proof that they've caught him. But they've taken measures they feel will not allow him the freedom to operate as he was. They're confident that has solved the problem as there hasn't been any new screenshots. And thus far, they haven't been proved wrong.

When reading VP responses, I can't help but wonder if it isn't VP members who are who are the mindless automatons, blindly following their alliance's creed, or the NPO members, who even their enemies have demonstrated are thoughtful critics of their alliance's actions.

Thanks for your vote.

That's funny. Hilarious. Ask former members of Vox, ask current members. They'll tell you.

Actually they have nothing to gain by pretending to have solved the spy problem...it's too easily disproved if it hasn't. All Vox has to do is post a new screenshot with today's date. So they firmly believe the problem has been solved. And they have put some evidence before you, the lack of new screenshots being posted.

I have a hen house and some fox has been stealing eggs. I don't know what fox has been doing the stealing and haven't been able to track him, but each morning, I'm minus a few eggs. So I initiate some security precautions; better secure the screening, etc. Now since I've made the changes, I haven't lost anymore eggs. So I have to conclude that while I still don't know the fox who had been stealing the eggs, that the problem has been solved. At least until such time that I start losing eggs again.

tC's in the same spot, they may or may not know who the spy was. If they don't, they can hardly provide you proof that they've caught him. But they've taken measures they feel will not allow him the freedom to operate as he was. They're confident that has solved the problem as there hasn't been any new screenshots. And thus far, they haven't been proved wrong.

The original claim was that we had "alternative means" though. This requires them to prove what those mean were, which, they have not. Not only this, but it's quite obvious they're just trying to goad our spy into posting new info, which could reveal him.

We're well aware of Q's plan to attempt to capture him. It's not going to work. We're not that over eager that we would become sloppy.

Also, even if they spy cannot explicitly reveal information, he is still in the inner sanctum of Q. That could mean a lot of things for Q and how it's run. It doesn't matter if he can no longer "steal eggs," because he can simply use his entire alliance against them if he really had to, or other means. The problem is far from solved, with or without the ability to take screenshots.

Edited by MegaAros

But you have plenty to gain by pretending you've caught a Vox spy. Just because Vox has more motivation to lie doesn't mean they are.

Who said there was a spy? I never said there was a spy. If we caught a spy it would be public. What I've been saying is that the screenshots have been obtained through alternate means.