The Quit Whining Thread

Tygaland

I realise this is as much use as urinating into a hurricane but here goes.

I look over the Report Forum Abuse section of this forum occasionally and it never ceases to amaze me the number of people running to dob in a political opponent for the most trivial of issues. And before any of you start, no, I haven't been reported in a while so its nothing to do with any incident involving myself.

But, seriously, if you can't take the odd sarcastic remark or low-level, thinly-veiled insult (especially on an IC political forum) then get a thicker skin and grow some stones or don't get involved in political discussions/arguments.

Sure, some idiot takes things too far now and then, but I look over the moderation section and just shake my head sometimes at how sensitive people pretend to be when they think they can get an in-game foe warned or banned.

It is not like this is going to change anything, just wanted on record that I think it is weak and pathetic. Calling someone's argument moronic is not flaming. Is it even possible to flame an argument? Debate is a battle of ideas and some ideas are moronic to some people. In politics, people insult other politicians and in this game we are all politicians whether we like it or not. so, if you are arguing in an IC area and get insulted "ICly" then suck it up. Politics is a nasty business.

So, yeah...quit whining and trying to get people banned for trivial things and get on with the game.

P.S. Yes, I also know the irony of the "Quit Whining Thread" containing my whining, hence the description. So, shut up. :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed 100%. People need to get over themselves and just play the game. Sure, some instances warrant moderation, but the majority that are reported in the Moderation section are not. Although this will probably never change unless the Admin start punishing those that are reporting, which will never happen.

Oh well...

The sad thing is that it actually has succeeded TO get some of the best people in this game banned from it. I used to care when my enemies got banned because they actually added an opposition to the game. It's to the point where I would not give two !@#$% if NPO finally realized the !@#$ they do in order to stay on top. I wouldn't give a damn if NPO members were banned at this point. $%&@ 'em, they already do the same to others. Maybe I would in the past, but not anymore.

I agree. People should be warned for excessive reporting of other CN players that never turn into warns. It wastes the mod teams time.

"Using mods as a weapon". I believe Thorne got a few warns for that. :rolleyes:

Stop%20Whining.jpeg

Thanks for saying this, as it needed to be said. I was reported just a while ago for something trivial, and the guy responsible for it was flaming away in the very same thread. He actually reported me for responding in an irritated tone to his own flame towards me. Not the smartest thing to do.

Wow.... I counted 28 reports from one guy since Jan 1st of this year alone. There seem to be a small handful of people that go out of their way to police these forums for every possible infraction of the rules they can imagine.

On one hand it is good that some players care enough about the community to report something in appropriate, but some of the things these people are reporting are over the top. It is obviously being abused.

It would be interesting to see what would happen were people limited to one or two reports per year.

I agree with the sentiments expressed by the great Tyga. I would take hubris with the point made by a few of the replies to the OP that somehow people who've been banninated didn't somehow deserve it and were only done in my their "enemies". I find that statement to be insulting to the mods, that they somehow can be so easily duped.

Quit whining and let's get the next GW going already. Make love, then war, then love again, take your meds and then again....

I agree. I also dislike those individuals who report others for EVERYTHING in hopes of becoming a moderator. Seriously, these are forums. Yes, there are rules, but if someone for instance has 10 lines siggy instead of 8, don't report them merely for your own ambitions. I have no problem saying I disagree with the reporting of every little thing which occurs on these forums -- seriously, grow up.

I always laughed at the people who report 50 sig violations. In my opinion they're just sucking up to the mods hoping to gain some brownie points. I doubt it works too.

Heh, agreed. I was recently reported by Desperado for a signature violation, had it for a very long time. It was a few lines over, I understand it is against the rules and the moderators did there jobs, but no one was complaining.

Brownie points is exactly it. Good reasoning.

The thread has noted a situation which has been on going since the sub forum which is mentioned opened. I personally also noticed it.

There are people that really like to fill their reports,...but in the end its really up to the moderators to make the judgment.

If the report has no merit, and its just oversensitivity from the part of the person reporting it, moderators will not give out any warnings. So no harm done in that direction. Also moderators have since long ago, put in place the only possible protection system against this by setting as a rule that abusing reports shall be punished.

Now your personal rant against this is noted I am sure most can get behind it, but it is as you noted, pissing in the hurricane.

Certain things we do not like, will happen however we feel about them because some take it to far, example being even within this thread in a OOC area mind you;

The sad thing is that it actually has succeeded TO get some of the best people in this game banned from it. I used to care when my enemies got banned because they actually added an opposition to the game. It's to the point where I would not give two !@#$% if NPO finally realized the !@#$ they do in order to stay on top. I wouldn't give a damn if NPO members were banned at this point. $%&@ 'em, they already do the same to others. Maybe I would in the past, but not anymore.

As long as people will be as immature to take the game overly serious, personal even, you shall see certain folklore in our community which you do not like. It is something which one has to take as a part of this game and leave the tough job to the moderators.

Shall we add Desperado to the list?

I mean, I am trying to remain logical and state they have the right to value the rules and report everything imaginable...but it gets old. For me, the dude who preaches civility and 'sees the good in everyone' to complain about something...heh.

Edited by Ejayrazz