An Open Letter to Pacifica and Allies

JustLooking

What we have here is a very young allaince with brand new nations that exist only becuase of a message broadcast to them by the leader of jarheads. Coming from a different realm the percentage who would have remained, even had the war not started, is low. Spending months teaching them and searching for new leadership is not worth the tech one might obtain. If this were an older allaince or one filled with some experienced members beyond those in the government it might be worth it but this is not the case.

These nations will not be abandoned though. They are being encouraged to seek out new alliances where they can learn and grow. Jarheads as an alliance does not need to be kept alive in order to help these new nations.

If you still disagree I suggest you take it up with your government and have them approach the attacking alliances about possibly trying to rebuild jarheads. Assuming of course that they surrender and allow a viceroy.

have you met Fark?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you met Fark?

Was FARK an alliance created by enemies of GOONS with the intent to destroy them? Was all of FARK's experanced members forced out which would most likly occure in this case?

I honestly don't know the answers to the above questions but I have a feeling it's no to both.

Wasn't the entirety of FARK, with the exception of TF after they managed to break off, also, you know, held under war for half a year? I'm not really sure that's the best precedent for this sort of thing?

Fight on. War builds up heroes. If they learn to coordinate their efforts, they'll organize enough to negotiate as an alliance. If not, they'll fall apart anyway.

May Huitzilopochtli guide all warriors to glory!

Was FARK an alliance created by enemies of GOONS with the intent to destroy them? Was all of FARK's experanced members forced out which would most likly occure in this case?

I honestly don't know the answers to the above questions but I have a feeling it's no to both.

Yes.

Some.

Now you know the answers.

Notice "no" isn't one of them.

But I never said to give their government amnesty, just the new members.

But they're coming here with the intention to blow things up. So aren't they themselves being trained because the people in Jarheads are misguided by revenge? We have to remember Pacifica was gracious enough to give Jarheads a second chance on CN. Jarheads abused that, and got caught.

I half agree with you let the new guys have peace, but explain why they're being attacked then offer them peace terms that aren't negotiable. The CN political world wont change. What alliance government does is representative of the alliance itself whether new members know it, or not. Yet steamrolling still happens even with members who are ignorant to what is going on.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

Yes, we tell our members when we're at war. ;)

-Bama

YOU DO?! Bama I am SHOCKED by the fact that you wouldnt cenzor that in itself you should just say

"WE HAVE A TECH RAID OF WHOLE ALLIANCES TO DO NOW GET TO IT"

:P

It's a bunch of n00bs...give them a chance...CN needs them.

This is awful.

Did you actually care to read? They have been given a chance, they have been messaged, if they are not taking the chance, what can we do.

Please people, do not compare this situation with FARK. Did GOON offer FARK a protectorate? Did GOON offer economic deals to FARK? Did then FARK stabbed GOONs in the back? Stop comparing FARK with Jarheads...Farkistanis are a great bunch of lot and I'm sure most of the Jarheads are too..thats why most of them have been msged to accept peace.

Edited by shahenshah

Did you actually care to read? They have been given a chance, they have been messaged, if they are not taking the chance, what can we do.

Please people, do not compare this situation with FARK. Did GOON offer FARK a protectorate? Did GOON offer economic deals to FARK? Did then FARK stabbed GOONs in the back? Stop comparing FARK with Jarheads...Farkistanis are a great bunch of lot and I'm sure most of the Jarheads are too..thats why most of them have been msged to accept peace.

I think the situations while not identical are similar enough to warrant comparison. Recruiting a bunch of n00bs to take on half of CN in an unwinnable war make the comparisons valid.

I will refrain from further comment on any other similarities I believe exist. That's up for everyone else to postulate.

:ph34r:

What's awful? That all new nations are given the option to go anywhere they want? That we offer to not attack them?

They all are clearly coming from a group of people in an already established community. They did not join CN to play for themselves, they joined to play together, and so they will likely only do things as a unit, under their leader. It is rather obtuse to think that everyone's goals in this game are the same, and even stupider to think that they lack the ability to become productive players.

also: :jihad:

Edited by Nietzschee

:ph34r:

What's awful? That all new nations are given the option to go anywhere they want? That we offer to not attack them?

Moo, do you even read what you write?

Suppose they all choose to stay where they are? Are they going to be free from attack there, as well? I didn't think so.

They all are clearly coming from a group of people in an already established community. They did not join CN to play for themselves, they joined to play together, and so they will likely only do things as a unit, under their leader. It is rather obtuse to think that everyone's goals in this game are the same, and even stupider to think that they lack the ability to become productive players.

also: :jihad:

They were also recruited on a lie by their leadership and I can empathize with their plight. How they chose to move forward on Planet Bob is totally up to them. If they stay in their present alliance they will go nowhere.

The essential issue that each new nation will have to address is if their community is more important to them than success on PB. That's entirely up to them. I'm sure many will go down with the ship...while others may decide there's more potential for them to enjoy themselves elsewhere.

I do not agree. The video tells them to get ready to purchase nukes and blow people up. Obviously they did not join with the intention to play this game the same way as you and I were trained too. While I am happy for influx of members and more dimension to the game, this is not how I wanted to see it.

Yes, I dare say GGA wants never to see anyone different again. And good luck ruling the empty planet; you can mana mana mana :P lol cutsies !@#$%^&* out and back with Bilrow and NPO when you get lonely.

They were also recruited on a lie by their leadership and I can empathize with their plight. How they chose to move forward on Planet Bob is totally up to them. If they stay in their present alliance they will go nowhere.

The essential issue that each new nation will have to address is if their community is more important to them than success on PB. That's entirely up to them. I'm sure many will go down with the ship...while others may decide there's more potential for them to enjoy themselves elsewhere.

From where I stand, nowhere doesn't look so bad.

And the great thing about going down with the ship is knowing that you do so without rats. Assuming it even goes down in the first place.

For some reason this sounds familiar, can't quite place it though...

But anyways, Slayer is right. It's up to each member to determine what's more important to them, being successful on Planet Bob or sticking with their friends and realizing that a solid community is greater than having the most infrastructure. Some of us might call that a success but I guess it depends on the individual's yard stick. Sometimes alliances that will 'go nowhere' can end up sanctioned...

And the great thing about going down with the ship is knowing that you do so without rats. Assuming it even goes down in the first place.

Whoa there big fella.

Where you stand is on the blood soaked graves of many good people.

It's not so much about what is, but what could have been.

Your early involvement did nothing but stunt, and almost destroy, what has come to be an outstanding alliance.

If it were not for folks like Hoopdy, Cable and many others you would still be relegated to a lonely lunar existence.

Rats?.....I won't stoop to name calling, we know the truth.

....also, Hai Spanky. :P

Until the Jarheads get competent leadership they'll go nowhere.

But anyways, Slayer is right. It's up to each member to determine what's more important to them, being successful on Planet Bob or sticking with their friends and realizing that a solid community is greater than having the most infrastructure. Some of us might call that a success but I guess it depends on the individual's yard stick. Sometimes alliances that will 'go nowhere' can end up sanctioned...

When and if they get competent leadership. Once they have competent leadership they can get themselves out of the war and become viable...until then they'll continue to be nothing.

When and if they get competent leadership. Once they have competent leadership they can get themselves out of the war and become viable...until then they'll continue to be nothing.

I think by competent you actually mean submissive. Jarheads has their reasons to fight and they will continue to fight. Competent leaders will fight that war better or maybe even secure peace for Jarheads, maybe the former, maybe the latter. Not just the latter, as you think.