An Open Letter to Pacifica and Allies

JustLooking

Hello. First and foremost, I must say that this represents me, and not my alliance, so if you find anything insulting in here, which I assure you is unintentional, take it out on me, and me only.

I am writing this on behalf of this game that we have all come to love, cybernations. You are no doubt aware of an alliance that you have declared on, Jarheads, has had seemingly exponential growth. What you may be unsure of is how this exponential growth came about. For those that are unaware, their leader made a video on the internet, which I will gladly link you to if you message me or find me on iRC, since I am unable to post it here. But I want to remind you what that video is. That video did not call for a war againist the New Pacific Order or its allies. It was just a call to play the game and join the white team, Jarheads, collect taxes, and then buy infrastructure :lol: , among other things. And well, get nukes to blow stuff up. But of course why else did any of us start playing this game? To get weapons for our nation and destroy other peoples nations. These members of Jarheads did nothing wrong. At no point were they told of the plan to infiltrate and/or decimate the alliances that ran this game.

But you must be asking yourself, what the hell am I doing posting on behalf of Jarheads? I have no reason to, and no connection to them. Other than the fact that I play cybernations along side them. Well I believe if you can spare at the very least the new members of Jarheads it will definitely make this game more enjoyable. Their leadership may deserve this stomping, but there is no reason why the members should, especially the ones who just joined because of the video.

You may believe that you will be giving them peace after a few days or weeks, but you have to remember that these new guys will not keep playing the game if they are thoroughly decimated, especially early on. War is fun, when your winning.

Sincerly,

JustLooking of Capax Legio

AkA: PieMan

AkA: Lenin

Tl;dr

The point of this is that I, as a player of cybernations, ask you to spare these Jarhead members, especially the new ones, so we can further our community. Even giving them peace after a few days war might not be enough because they will probably go inactive.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in agreement that the newer members should be given peace soon. They have no reason to be subjected to the punishment that the Jarheads government has brought about on the alliance. My reasoning is simple, they are new members to the Cybernations community and likely have no knowledge of the politics of this game. The overwhelming majority are probably oblivious to being at war with so many alliances upon joining. Due to that, I suspect many will be driven away from the game soon. And I for one do not want to see a large crop of new players leaving, this game does not need that in the slightest bit ever regardless of the reasons.

Now let me be clear, I do believe the Jarheads government along with the original nations involved with the conspiracy should be punished. However the new oblivious members who are unaware of such a plot or the reasons for this conflict should be spared. That being said, I'm quite sure nothing will come about from this topic in terms of an official response from the parties this is addressed too. However, I do think it's healthy to express public discussion in a matter such as this one.

I do not agree. The video tells them to get ready to purchase nukes and blow people up. Obviously they did not join with the intention to play this game the same way as you and I were trained too. While I am happy for influx of members and more dimension to the game, this is not how I wanted to see it.

Edited by Randleman

I do not agree. The video tells them to get ready to purchase nukes and blow people up. Obviously they did not join with the intention to play this game the same way as you and I were trained too.

Key words: "trained to"

What I am saying is that when we joined the game, we knew nothing, even if we did have the plan on spying and blowing stuff up, we learned better, except for a few, like 0ne.

Key words: "trained to"

What I am saying is that when we joined the game, we knew nothing, even if we did have the plan on spying and blowing stuff up, we learned better, except for a few, like 0ne.

Then again, my generation of CN players and this new generation are being brought up on entirely different terms and societal and political correctness.

I do not agree. The video tells them to get ready to purchase nukes and blow people up. Obviously they did not join with the intention to play this game the same way as you and I were trained too. While I am happy for influx of members and more dimension to the game, this is not how I wanted to see it.

I was trained to play a certain way? Huh and here I was thinking I controlled what I did.

Them being attacked will just show them the true nature of the game. Teach them a lesson that they can learn from and use in the future. That lesson would be too make sure of the happenings around the alliance you want to join. Not attacking these members can become a problem as the Jarheads government will ask them to attack back and help them. In the end you'll be stuck with destroying them anyways. If a member is truly interested in the game, even if they were destroyed they probably will stick around and give a shot with another alliance instead.

Them being attacked will just show them the true nature of the game. Teach them a lesson that they can learn from and use in the future. That lesson would be too make sure of the happenings around the alliance you want to join. Not attacking these members can become a problem as the Jarheads government will ask them to attack back and help them. In the end you'll be stuck with destroying them anyways. If a member is truly interested in the game, even if they were destroyed they probably will stick around and give a shot with another alliance instead.

But I never said to give their government amnesty, just the new members.

I don't think that any of the alliances that have declared on Jarheads want to punish the newer people who didn't know what they were getting into and I think that the leadership of the alliances involved are taking steps to try and prevent people from being driven from CN.

EDIT: What Silentkiller said. :P

Edited by Rickyman1984

So advocating the purchase of nukes is a belligerent action? Please point us to those evil doers hiding out in every alliance ever.

I have that same strange feeling of deja vu myself.... :v:

Fark is still here, powerful and sanctioned. The alliance they were supposedly conspiring to destroy on the other hand...

enough said?

Unless I misread IRON's statement (and I may have), I don't believe they are following a similar policy. I haven't read anything on the subject from GGA et al. Hopefully they are doing so as well.

enough said?

Or alternatively you could just let the Jarheads surrender and demand for their leaders to be deposed and for new ones from among the influx of joining member states to be trained and installed as the new government of the alliance.

That way you keep Jarheads alive, possibly creating a new ally and tech farm for yourselves, while at the same time crushing those who have threatened your kin.

Unless I misread IRON's statement (and I may have), I don't believe they are following a similar policy. I haven't read anything on the subject from GGA et al. Hopefully they are doing so as well.

Turns out I had indeed misread it. I read a "not" when there clearly wasn't one...

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1315864