An Open Letter to Pacifica and Allies

JustLooking

When and if they get competent leadership. Once they have competent leadership they can get themselves out of the war and become viable...until then they'll continue to be nothing.

I think that we can agree that they will have a very hard problem with getting peace while the former leadership of Devil Dogs are in charge of the group. DOS attacks are, and should be, very frowned upon. New leadership stepping up from within would certainly help them. There are 400 people in the alliance, so certainly there will be some leaders in the group. I do, however, disagree with the people who have said that the average Jarhead's only option is to leave. Standing up for yourself and your friends is always an option, although it is certainly more drawn out, painful, and detrimental to the growth of your nation's infrastructure.

Slayer, I disagree with you that they will continue to be 'nothing' though. Total and utter war and destruction raining upon your alliance can often form the most steadfast and loyal group of people any alliance can ever wish to have. Even if their infrastructure is equal to zero, the ones that stick around will likely will have more of a brotherhood and community than most alliances can ever hope for. That isnt 'nothing' in my book. Again, I guess it all comes down to how you view success in this game.

Also, Hai JBone. :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we can agree that they will have a very hard problem with getting peace while the former leadership of Devil Dogs are in charge of the group. DOS attacks are, and should be, very frowned upon. New leadership stepping up from within would certainly help them. There are 400 people in the alliance, so certainly there will be some leaders in the group. I do, however, disagree with the people who have said that the average Jarhead's only option is to leave. Standing up for yourself and your friends is always an option, although it is certainly more drawn out, painful, and detrimental to the growth of your nation's infrastructure.

Slayer, I disagree with you that they will continue to be 'nothing' though. Total and utter war and destruction raining upon your alliance can often form the most steadfast and loyal group of people any alliance can ever wish to have. Even if their infrastructure is equal to zero, the ones that stick around will likely will have more of a brotherhood and community than most alliances can ever hope for. That isnt 'nothing' in my book. Again, I guess it all comes down to how you view success in this game.

Also, Hai JBone. :D

I'd rather not re-hash events over 2 years old especially since we've been down this road numerous times and JBone summed up my feelings anyway. I will address your comments.

While an outside community may draw them into PB, what they decide to do with their time here is entirely up to them. It's unfortunate that they're led by a guy unworthy of leadership based on his actions. The best thing that can happen to them is to find some decent leadership...but that may take some time. IF and UNTIL that time, they will be nothing but a group of n00bs without a chance being led by a guy with his own agenda and NOT what is best for nations he recruited.

You can tout the honor of sticking with the community all you'd like...but in terms of influence, growth, etc...they'll have none.

Yes, I dare say GGA wants never to see anyone different again. And good luck ruling the empty planet; you can mana mana mana :P lol cutsies !@#$%^&* out and back with Bilrow and NPO when you get lonely.

Exactly, because I'm a trim. and I am speaking on behalf of the 300+ GGA. :rolleyes:

I think I'll take you up on your offer actually.

I think by competent you actually mean submissive. Jarheads has their reasons to fight and they will continue to fight. Competent leaders will fight that war better or maybe even secure peace for Jarheads, maybe the former, maybe the latter. Not just the latter, as you think.

Enemy of your enemy is your friend?

No, I meant competent. Submission has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of competent leaders on PB that aren't aligned with your enemies. Certainly you know who they are just as I do. They could have gone that route, built into a viable power rather than allying with the alliance they wanted to destroy. Had they aligned with someone not close to Pacifica/IRON, they could have had protection, recruited, built up and become a real force. The fact that they didn't is more proof of incompetent leadership.

Somewhat hilariously, Jarheads just attacked Fark. Well one of them did anyway.

Link. He appears to have become a bit confused by the whole searching for targets thing.

We sent the attacker a PM demanding 150% reparations and told them if they don't pay up their entire alliance will be attacked.

As Vladmir pointed out in one of his masterful essays on Francoism, one of the prime responsibilities of an alliance is protection of its membership. Thus, it is the responsibility of the NPO leadership to insure the elimination of threats, such as the Jarheads.

Many will say that small alliances and solitary rogues are not a dire threat to an alliance as large as the NPO, that mercy is in order. Tell that to a small member that has been attacked by one. Sure, they have no chance of defeating Pacifica. But they can cause grief to a smaller member of the NPO whose sole crime is to have the AA. And the NPO has a responsibility to those smaller members, a responsibility it takes seriously and performs admirably.

I live in a rural area in the Deep South. It isn't unusual for me to come across a nest of baby rattlesnakes or copperheads. When this happens, I don't ignore them as insignificant and thus permit them to grow until they ARE a major, lethal threat. I beat them into a pulp with my shovel before they become one.

There is much to be said for mercy. There is also much to be said for justice. The Jarheads were granted mercy, and spat in the face of those who so generously granted it. The NPO and her allies have responded in the only appropriate way: using the blood and guts of the Jarheads to grease their tank treads.

Hail Pacificia, and happy hunting! Line the road to Francograd with the severed heads of your enemies, as a warning to others who may seek to emulate them.

Edited by Voxamerica

This has been done with older, established alliances but in this case you have a very young allaince mostly made up of brand new nations. The amount of time and effort spent to teach and develop new leadership is not worth it. The new nations that choose to remain in this world will be better served joining established alliances.

I would hazard a guess that this new band of brothers would fare better than an established alliance given that MCXA, Atlantis, Goons, \m/, NAAC, NADC, FAN, etc all made mistakes or lost their prestige in CN. But then again, who am I to say this new alliance could eventually become one of your allies.

We sent the attacker a PM demanding 150% reparations and told them if they don't pay up their entire alliance will be attacked.

Seems reasonable. Not like he's under attack from the biggest alliance in the game and most likely can't afford to pay 100%, let alone 150%. But yeah, he's a whole 8 days old and should know better. Time to maim the whole alliance because of his mistakes.

I would hazard a guess that this new band of brothers would fare better than an established alliance given that MCXA, Atlantis, Goons, \m/, NAAC, NADC, FAN, etc all made mistakes or lost their prestige in CN. But then again, who am I to say this new alliance could eventually become one of your allies.

Two of those alliances are not like the others.

Two of those alliances just aren't the same.

Seems reasonable. Not like he's under attack from the biggest alliance in the game and most likely can't afford to pay 100%, let alone 150%. But yeah, he's a whole 8 days old and should know better. Time to maim the whole alliance because of his mistakes.

Poyples, read yer history. I'm pretty sure the Farker is making a joke/historical reference. Heh.

• 2 weeks later...

I think NPO did this same thing to my old alliance The Confederacy of Imperial States after I left but I dont have much info on why or how the war started. All I know is that it had 200 members when the war started and 10 when it ended. It was very sad and I fear that NPO will do this to the Jarheads to.

I think NPO did this same thing to my old alliance The Confederacy of Imperial States after I left but I dont have much info on why or how the war started. All I know is that it had 200 members when the war started and 10 when it ended. It was very sad and I fear that NPO will do this to the Jarheads to.

Yes we know how ebil NPO is. I just understand why they have offered peace terms. Stupid ebil NPO, you're loosing your touch. Perma ZI!