Announcement from the Black Team

noir-sphere.png

On this, the last day of Black History Month, the great and glorious alliances of the Black Team (STILL the only color with it's own month) come together to bring forth a most excellent announcement. So please, take you seats, make yourselves comfortable, and let me tell you a little story about something we like to call NOIR.

Many months ago, many of the leaders got together for the first of several meetings and hatched a plan. This plan was not unlike a great many other plans that have been hatched on Planet Bob, and it also had a similar goal: unity and prosperity. And, like a great many of these plans, it never worked out. This is not the story of this plan.

This plan has evolved and changed a great number of times due to the great number of leaders and alliances that populate Black. Because we have always prided ourselves on being free and open to all, we took it upon ourselves to make sure that all interested parties were able to get a say in the crafting and planning. It took awhile, longer than some may have wanted, but in the end we came to the point we are at today.

The time has come, my friends, to unveil to the world the blackest treaty every created. A treaty so black, in fact, we have titled it after a word that literally translates as Black. Enjoy!

noir2.png

Preamble

The name NOIR, literally translated as Black, is both an obvious and a subtle suggestion as to the intentions of the signatories. We, sovereign and noble alliances of black, sign this treaty to better our sphere through culture and trade, and better ourselves in the pursuit of furthering the interests of all black alliances and nations.

Article I. La Legion Noire:

Non-Aggression and War

Section 1.

Aggression, as defined by a declaration of war, aiding nations who are at war with or belong to an alliance which is at war with a signatory, or encouraging a declaration of war, is not permitted between signatories of this treaty.

Section 2.

Any nation(s) found to be in violation of Article I, Section 1 must cease hostilities immediately and offer reparations equal to or greater than the damages wrought. In the event that peace is not reached and reparations are not provided for damages, the offending nation shall be expelled from their alliance.

Section 3.

A declaration of war by a third party upon a signatory to this treaty shall serve as a casus belli for all other signatories. NOIR members are encouraged, but not required, to come to the defense and aid by any means possible.

Section 4.

No signatory shall raid Black Nations, aligned or unaligned.

Article II. Film Noir:

Intelligence

Section 1.

Signatories agree to share any and all information which they feel may be vital for the security of the undersigned.

Section 2.

Signatories must not engage in any kind espionage against another signatory, nor support such actions by a third party.

Article III. Folk Noir:

Hospitality

Section 1.

Signatories agree to support the growth of the black team by welcoming alliances to black and assisting, when possible, in the transition process.

Article IV. La Roche-Noire:

The Black Senate

Section 1.

Signatories agree to maintain a senate which is open to any candidate.

Section 2.

Signatories are encouraged to coordinate their votes in order to establish a stable and reliable senate.

Section 3.

Signatories represented directly by a senator agree to respond to sanction requests made by fellow signatories as though the requests were made by their own respective alliance.

Article V. Tech Noire:

The Black Market

Section 1.

Each signatory shall select at least one representative to serve as a Black Market Tradesman.

Section 2.

The Tradesmen are responsible for organizing trade circles as well as technology and donation deals.

Section 3.

Each signatory shall encourage their members to obtain trades as well as technology and donations deals through the Black Market in order to foster community and economic growth.

Article VI. Montagne Noir:

The Conclave

Section 1.

The enactment of this treaty is to be overseen by a council of two representatives from each signatory, forming the Upper Conclave. These members are to have the authority to speak on behalf of their respectful alliances in official matters. An alliance may choose to only mask one person in the Upper Conclave, but no alliance may mask more than two.

Section 2.

The Middle Conclave shall be an assembly of representatives from the governments of the signatories. These members are to be able to speak and vote on behalf of their respectful alliances on matters regarding the treaty and black economy. A signatory is allowed to determine the number of its own members that it deems necessary to be masked in the Middle Conclave.

Section 3.

The Middle Conclave shall render decisions by a seventy-two hour vote in which a two-thirds majority has been reached. Abstentions shall not be included in the final tally, and any alliance failing to cast its vote within the seventy-hour period shall forfeit its vote in that decision. All votes are final and cannot be altered after the 72 hour voting period.

Section 4.

The Upper Conclave members shall each hold administrative privileges on the NOIR forums to allow for their oversight. They are responsible for maintaining proper masks and the organization of the NOIR forums.

Article VII. Pinot Noir:

Membership

Section 1.

Any black alliance in good standing is encouraged to apply for membership. Membership is conferred by the Conclave.

Section 2.

If a signatory is found to violate this treaty, they may be expelled by the Conclave after being given a period of forty-eight hours during which they may respond to any accusations brought against them.

Section 3.

Any signatory may withdraw from this treaty after giving notice on the NOIR forums. They shall be considered a third party to this treaty seventy-two hours after notice was given, during which time they are still bound to articles I and II.

Article VIII. Mondeuse Noire:

Amendment

Any proposed amendment may be adopted following a seventy-two hour vote by the Conclave in which all votes cast (excluding abstentions) approve the proposal.

We, the esteemed alliances of the Black Sphere, hereby pledge our dedication to the above document, and the betterment of the Black Sphere.

Signed for Sparta

Kings -

Darklink

Adrian

Regent -

Tulak Hord

Ephors of Foreign Affairs -

Supremelord

George the Great

Signed for Umbrella

mrcalkin, Triumvir

Roquentin, Triumvir

Xavi, Triumvir

Guus87, Envoy

uaciaut, Marshal

Snowbeat, Marshal

Sceptor, Senior Statesman

Signed for the League of United Defense

The Ascendancy

Prime-Minister: TheChosenOne

Grand Vizier: Draeg

High Chancellor: HeRo1

Imperial Commissar: Stagger Lee

The Ministry

Grand Emissary: Alcoholic

High Commissioner: Spazquarx

High Quaestor: Azamien

Imperial Regent: cello-chik

Signed for Dark Fist

Daikos - Diarch

Starcraftmazter - Diarch

Martinius - Minister of Foreign Affairs

Signed for Iunctus

Teh Chad - Imperator

St Jimmy - Praetor

Signed for MFO

JoshuaR

Signed for Trilateral Commission

Supreme Council

TOOL, Chairman

Drakedeath, CEO

Arch3004, 1st Representative

Cooksonthegreat, 2nd Representative

mercs2foru, Chief of Staff

Grand Council

Badbrownies, Head of External Affairs

Teargas, Head of Military/Security

Signed for The Dark Templar

The Dark Archon - Supa_Troop3r

The Twilight Archon - Myworld

Patriarch - PuLsE

High Templar of Finance - Rakshasas

High Templar of Development - Gabriel Carver

High Templar of War - Masterof9puppets

Signed for The Dark Evolution

Coolgreen44 - Emperor

Signed for the Federation of Buccaneers

Founder - Runz

Founder - Sagha

Signed for The Immortals:

Sarmatian Empire, Emperor

Wappas, Chief Officer

Signed for Apocalypse:

Ghostlin, Wolf Emperor of Apocalypse

Yuurei, Horseman of Internal Affairs

Jewelangel, Horseman of Foreign Affairs

Pokeikon, Horseman of War

Signed for The Shadow Confederacy

E.Grievous,Emperor

Omniscient1,Grand Vizier

DoorNail,Supreme Commander

Shadow Lurker,Grand Moff of Internal Affairs

Signed for Ether:

Evey Jane, Her Sexiness

Pmac627, President

Master Nick, Vice President

Signed for the Military Establishment of Righteous Countries(MERC)

Jack Whiterstein - Premier

Baha24 - CoIA

porkpotpie - CoFA

Signed for Nemesis:

Bob, Triumvir

Soccerbum, Triumvir

Van Hoo III, Triumvir

Meyer0095, Minister of Economic Affairs

Our forums are currently located at http://noir.cnsparta.com/. Take a look when you have a chance.

And now a few shoutouts, because this really was a team effort.

Sceptor and the guys from Umbrella - You truly are a god-send. You pretty much took a rough draft that I created and modified it to basically what we have before us. The tweaks at the end are nothing compared to the work you must have put in. Enternal gratitude.

Trinite, Starcraftmazter, mrcalkin, Hero1, Ghostlin, Sarmation Empire, Teh Chad, and the dozens of other people who helped with the wording and drafting of this document - My deepest thanks to you guys. Writing a treaty isn't easy when it's just 2 alliances. With a task of this magnitude, I'm eternally grateful for the help all of you gave.

JoshuaR - You pretty much single handedly solved the biggest fight we had during these discussions. Clever thinking gets people a long way in the world, and you showed why. Thanks!

myworld - You've pretty much taken on the responsibility of being the organizer of our new trade guilds, which is something that most people run from. Taking on such a job without so much as needing to be asked shows a lot of character, and we are all thankful for it.

Darklink and Wandmdave - For doing all the dirty work in setting up the forums. My extremely limited experience in these matters made me pretty much worthless in doing most of it, and you guys have put in long hours these last few days to make everyone happy. Job well done, Spartans.

GtG - For doing all the dirty work in FA while I was dedicating time to NOIR. Sparta is in great shape with you around.

Tulak - For being the epic inspiration I needed when writing this thing months ago, and for proving once again that alcohol and Foreign Affairs DO mix well.

Edited by supremelord

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite amazing guys. Congratulations.

And on the note of black being the only color with a month, I declare March "Brown Pride Month"! Three more days of celebration (2 on leap years), eat that black :P

It is good to see all of this announced to all of CN to behold, may the black team prosper, and grow even closer through NOIR. I hope through this we will bring even more alliances, and nations to greatest sphere, and color bloc around. Tonight I am truely honored to be a part of black team, and NOIR.

o/ NOIR

o/ Black

Edited by The Chosen One