This Week in Pacifica

I don't really know enough about tech dealing to know if it's better for the alliance as a whole, but I have a very hard time believing that's somehow better for the tech sellers to get 3 mill minus what it costs to buy 100 tech than 3 mill.

Edit: *looks up* make that 3 mill minus 150 tech I guess.

Edit again: *looks on next page* Well, whatever the rate is, you get the idea. 3 mill minus any amount of tech is clearly less than 3 mill.

While it does depend on the alliance, if you run it properly, the tech seller will experience almost no difference from simply receiving a large aid package and your larger nations will get tech to boot. That applies even at a 3 mil/150 tech price, although that is admittedly a bit steep.

If you're operating at less than 100% profit for your tech sellers, you're doing it wrong.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How this reached 11 pages I have no idea.

Anyways! I wonder when they are going to reveal Bastion I think it was called??

possibly never, and I fully expect this to get to 30+ pages and locked.

although I'd like to see more hard evidence of the bastion bloc personally.

You have looked at the ages of all the Imperial Officers correct? Older nation means higher NS, that is not that hard to figure out.

Your formula quickly breaks down under nuclear assault. Why is the #1 target for nuclear rogues in the world constantly propped up only to be knocked back to the stone age, again and again? Seems awfully wasteful for an organisation that prides itself on efficiency and infallibility, and the equality of all in the Order.

But I guess the inefficiency shouldn't surprise me. Have fun with your ten-day tech deals! :awesome:

I don't really know enough about tech dealing to know if it's better for the alliance as a whole, but I have a very hard time believing that's somehow better for the tech sellers to get 3 mill minus what it costs to buy 100 tech than 3 mill.

Edit: *looks up* make that 3 mill minus 150 tech I guess.

Edit again: *looks on next page* Well, whatever the rate is, you get the idea. 3 mill minus any amount of tech is clearly less than 3 mill.

Obviously you make more from a 3 million aid package then selling 100 tech for 3 million but that's not really the point. By selling tech you still make a profit, though less then simply receiving aid, while helping the allaince. In the long term though your going to become a tech buyer, and probably remain one for much longer, and having more tech sellers is a benefit to your nation.

I don't see a problem at all at not just handing out aid for free to anyone that asks. That encourages a culture of selfishness of people just taking money without contributing to the alliance. Making them participate in schemes where they have to give back is better. Though I organize things in MK quite a bit differently than the tech corps is organized.

Obviously you make more from a 3 million aid package then selling 100 tech for 3 million but that's not really the point. By selling tech you still make a profit, though less then simply receiving aid, while helping the allaince. In the long term though your going to become a tech buyer, and probably remain one for much longer, and having more tech sellers is a benefit to your nation.

You make a lot more profit by spending $15 million on infra and improvements and then buying/sending tech with your collections and extra FM aid slot. If there was any interest in small nation growth they'd be doing that already, but it's more about fast gratification for tech-crazed nations of the established elite.

I don't see a problem at all at not just handing out aid for free to anyone that asks. That encourages a culture of selfishness of people just taking money without contributing to the alliance. Making them participate in schemes where they have to give back is better. Though I organize things in MK quite a bit differently than the tech corps is organized.

Promising money to anyone who ask and then saying "nevermind, much love" a week later is a problem.

If you guys would just let things develop instead of spying and making this stuff public we'd be seeing a lot more wars. As ES said, now that you guys have said what you did it's likely to never happen.

No Soldiers below Chancellor post in this thread.

De Profundis failed to prevent conflict.

Whatever happens, they won't listen to irrelevant old Vox. ^_^

You make a lot more profit by spending $15 million on infra and improvements and then buying/sending tech with your collections and extra FM aid slot. If there was any interest in small nation growth they'd be doing that already, but it's more about fast gratification for tech-crazed nations of the established elite.

Without crunching the numbers I assume most alliances don't utilize your suggestion becuase of the logistics. Just keeping track of a six nation tech farm each cycle can be difficult.

:ph34r:

I never knew so many people cared about little ol' NPO! It brought a tear to my eye to read all the wonderful comments and suggestions to help us run our alliance more smoothly. You folks are just so wonderful. Thanks Vox!

Promising money to anyone who ask and then saying "nevermind, much love" a week later is a problem.

Money is still being offered, it's just not being handed out for free.

I honestly don't see why there is such a problem with young nations being asked to do their part. If your that selfish don't join an allaince.

Older nations have money and need cheap tech. Young nations have cheap tech and need money. It's almost as if some higher power wanted the two to trade. :awesome:

Edited by Authur

Holy Admin, stop talking about tech deals.

If you want to end the conversation about tech deals, you should probably delete half you OP. Otherwise expect people to refute the idea that setting up tech deals instead of free aid is somehow evil. You don't want people to be sheep to the hegemony. You shouldn't expect them to blindly accept anything you say either.

I'd hate to be responsible for getting Pacifican's expelled one member at a time. Though that raises an interesting new tactic to defeating them.

I'd be cautious to allow WarriorConcept in. After all, he took a personal protectorate from Moo after Polaris burned \m/ and then took an NPO protectorate to found an alliance. Tut, tut.

What NPO protectorate to found an alliance?

LOL. I can't believe NPO tech deals have gotten more coverage than a possible new mega-bloc. The CN Boards amaze me sometimes. Just wow.

The new mega bloc being announced isnt a shocker to most of CN, just confirmed what we all knew.

If you want to end the conversation about tech deals, you should probably delete half you OP. Otherwise expect people to refute the idea that setting up tech deals instead of free aid is somehow evil. You don't want people to be sheep to the hegemony. You shouldn't expect them to blindly accept anything you say either.

Your answer:

LOL. I can't believe NPO tech deals have gotten more coverage than a possible new mega-bloc. The CN Boards amaze me sometimes. Just wow.
What NPO protectorate to found an alliance?

My B, yo.