This Week in Pacifica

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell us your tech or get nothing and shrivel as your peers outgrow you.

Ok so maybe it's not THAT forced.

So now every allaince is FORCED to give aid to it's members? No one forces you to join or remain in the NPO so anyone opposed is free to leave.

I really don't get your issue with the banking change. Finding tech sellers is difficult in a world where everyone is trying to become a buyer so quickly. By creating a culture in which young nations sell tech to grow your improving their future.

The cancellation of growth aid has been proven many times to stimulate the growth of nations.

<_<

I don't really see how what happens to small NPO nations is really important enough that the CN community at large needs to know about it, although I must say I'd prefer NpO's aid instead if I had a small nation. The MHA thing was sort of interesting but I'm sure we'd see it announced sooner or later anyway. Just being honest: I'm not entirely sure I see the point here.

For the 5th time: The parts including MHA are not about MHA, they're about NPO.

I disagree, it's about MHA with NPO as a supporting character. The real story here is that some censored alliances including MHA are trying to form an MDP bloc to rival the Continuum. It's not surprising that the NPO wouldn't be enthusiastic about that, so it's hardly news that they're asking their allies not to do it.

Good sir, if you endeavor to be a proper journalist you mustn't let your biases get in the way of your reporting. That story is about MHA, not NPO. You only spun it (poorly) to make it look like it's about NPO.

I will be reporting this shoddy piece of journalism to Planet Bob Associated Press, right after I'm finished reporting your theft of NPO imagery to the Planet Bob District Attorney, who as you know is already building a case against Vox for their suspicious electoral practices.

Good day. -_-

I really don't get your issue with the banking change. Finding tech sellers is difficult in a world where everyone is trying to become a buyer so quickly. By creating a culture in which young nations sell tech to grow your improving their future.

Generally all nations should be doing tech deals if they are under 5k NS. If a member joins, say Ragnarok, as I did, the new members were expected to get to 5k solely on tech deals and afterward they would receive aid on a non military basis. The concept that the Pacifican people are incapable of doing tech deals, or rather are unmotivated could be easily solved by this, as opposed to gutting the system entirely.

Edited by Northrend

Tech selling does not enhance a nation's growth. Especially not at those prices.

So now every allaince is FORCED to give aid to it's members? No one forces you to join or remain in the NPO so anyone opposed is free to leave.

In an alliance where "everyone makes equal sacrifice" -- yeah, I think giving aid to the little guy so that he can enter that cycle is part of the process. Or you can just leave him to rot, that does a whole lot of good for the Order.

The cancellation of growth aid has been proven many times to stimulate the growth of nations.

<_<

3 million invested into 100 tech for 2 other nations and the remaining cash into infrastructure for the younger nation increases the overall NS of the alliance more than 3 million sent to a nation in tech selling range invested solely in infrastructure.

While the smaller nations may not grow as fast, the alliance as a whole will grow faster.

You run at a loss if you're tech selling at current prices.

That attitude is cancerous. You propose that the only way a member should be able to express his opinion is by leaving the alliance. This is not how great alliances function.

Generally all nations should be doing tech deals if they are under 5k NS. If a member joins, say Ragnarok, as I did, the new members were expected to get to 5k solely on tech deals and afterward they would receive aid on a non military basis. The concept that the Pacifican people are incapable of doing tech raids, or rather are unmotivated could be easily solved by this, as opposed to gutting the system entirely.

NPO has never tech raided, nor will they ever, so that option is out, the motivation thing is a different story.

Once you become a tech buyer it's beneficial to have more sellers. Short term sacrifice for long term growth.

Yes but at the expense of the smaller nations who are there to exist solely to finance the tech deals of the larger nations.

NPO has never tech raided, nor will they ever, so that option is out, the motivation thing is a different story.

Forgive me. I am slightly high at the current time, so I did not mean to type that. I meant to use the term Tech Deal. Forgive the typo.

Edited by Northrend

I disagree, it's about MHA with NPO as a supporting character. The real story here is that some censored alliances including MHA are trying to form an MDP bloc to rival the Continuum. It's not surprising that the NPO wouldn't be enthusiastic about that, so it's hardly news that they're asking their allies not to do it.

Good sir, if you endeavor to be a proper journalist you mustn't let your biases get in the way of your reporting. That story is about MHA, not NPO. You only spun it (poorly) to make it look like it's about NPO.

I will be reporting this shoddy piece of journalism to Planet Bob Associated Press, right after I'm finished reporting your theft of NPO imagery to the Planet Bob District Attorney, who as you know is already building a case against Vox for their suspicious electoral practices.

Good day. -_-

Considering that our senate is comprised of two great writers and three people who are well versed in laws, I sincerely doubt anyone could make a more convincing legal argument than us.

3 million invested into 100 tech for 2 other nations and the remaining cash into infrastructure for the younger nation increases the overall NS of the alliance more than 3 million sent to a nation in tech selling range invested solely in infrastructure.

While the smaller nations may not grow as fast, the alliance as a whole will grow faster.

Which means the tops nations will be growing more than the smaller ones. This will create a large strength gap eventually.

The new aid policy adopted seems to me to be better than the previous one in play [as gathered from the OP]. Rampant unrestricted aid flow is not a good thing in my opinion.

As for the rest of the presentation, it was well presented, but then its Schatt, cant expect a poor presentation. The content was a bit lacking though, not enough focus on the lighter side of news, where are the horoscope and the sports sections? Also, where is page 3?

Edit: could also maybe add a section "Get to know a Pacifican" Interview , yes actually interview a Pacifican each week and then publish said interview.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

Obviously I was referring to the point in time when you did not have a nation, do feel free to try and act all cool and intelligent though :blush:

Right there >>>

You are so silly, did you forget I am cool and intelligent it isn't an act. :D

Now you on the other hand.... you change everytime you enter a new alliance. You would fit right in at Vox if you are not already a member. And you are pointing at the porta potties, which I guess is what Vox has to offer for fun.. !@#$. :P

Good day. -_-

The problem with your thinking is the same as NPO's: A bloc that is as large as Continuum and is solely DEFENSIVE is not a "rival" to Continuum. Not even for memership.

You pay more for the tech than you get in exchange. Progressibly the price only increases. You cannot run a profit for each individual deal.

*facedesks

if you decide that you want to buy 200 tech while you're also selling tech, then yes, you won't profit from it.

If you do it the correct way, you make money, if I remember the stats right over 1 million when done correctly.

If done correctly you make a profit from selling 100 tech for 3 million.

The profit is quite marginal when counting the aid slot or aid slots you will be "renting" out, the technology you must buy, the days of savings...

In the end, the result is short term gain in exchange for a longer period of stagnation and in the end you would end up not far from where you would without the tech deals.