This Week in Pacifica

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean you dont have to walk the party line in STA? I respect that a great deal Tyga, I wish more alliances would follow suit.

STA I believe is in the majority.

I am free to speak my mind as well though out of respect to my alliance and our allies I choose to temper my posts here.

Contrary to what some may have you believe, you're free to speak your mind in Pacifica. Seriously.

Oh really?

'Cause this was the response to an established and loyal Pacifican simply telling his friend (a Pacifican that had been expelled for trumped up charges) that there was a thread on the NPO forums where people were talking about the 'traitor'. Not what was in it, not any confidential info, simply telling his friend and former alliance mate that a thread existed. And this was NPO's respect towards that member's 'freedom to speak':

burnedpicfh2.png

Oh really?

'Cause this was the response to an established and loyal Pacifican simply telling his friend (a Pacifican that had been expelled for trumped up charges) that there was a thread on the NPO forums where people were talking about the 'traitor'. Not what was in it, not any confidential info, simply telling his friend and former alliance mate that a thread existed. And this was NPO's respect towards that member's 'freedom to speak':

burnedpicfh2.png

Did you post the the right image, hotshot? It makes no sense. I'm pretty sure you did it wrong.

Edit: Oh and Kassad was expelled from the Order for plotting to nuke Imperial Officers, among other things if my memory serves me correctly. Hardly "trumped up charges." Nice try though. No, not really.

Edited by Corinan

Did you post the the right image, hotshot? It makes no sense. I'm pretty sure you did it wrong.

Edit: Oh and Kassad was expelled from the Order for plotting to nuke Imperial Officers, among other things if my memory serves me correctly. Hardly "trumped up charges." Nice try though. No, not really.

That's hilarious.

Kassad was interested in the Vox movement when it began, because, like yourself, he had issue with where Pacifica was going. He posted an essay on the Pacifican forums to only have it removed quickly and then have himself removed from the Order, despite having only spoken to us founders of Vox. He had no original plans to join us, nor did he have plans to nuke anybody (if I recall, he had no nukes at the time, although I may be wrong). I was present for his joining of Vox, and for the entirety of these events.

And there we go.

Sorry, Corinan, but MegaAros has far more credibility on this topic... so whatever you say from here on out is kind of irrelevant.

I'm sorry you got caught in a lie but that's just how things work here. Better luck next time.

Oh hey it's a FAN member telling me that I'm irrelevant. That's quirky and fun.

Actually no, I was in the Vox channel at the time and personally witnessed Kassad plotting with Vox leaders. As a matter of fact I was the one who alerted Pacifican leadership of his activities, so I don't think there's too many people here with more credibility on the topic than me.

Do try harder next time.

Oh hey it's a FAN member telling me that I'm irrelevant. That's quirky and fun.

Actually no, I was in the Vox channel at the time and personally witnessed Kassad plotting with Vox leaders. As a matter of fact I was the one who alerted Pacifican leadership of his activities, so I don't think there's too many people here with more credibility on the topic than me.

Do try harder next time.

Ah yes. I remember that. However, I do not remember you ever in the channel at the same time as Kassad, nor do I remember you ratting out OTHER NPO members who were also in said channel. He was hardly "plotting." Kassad simply disliked seeing Polar destroyed, and Pacifica allowing it. (As well as the ideological changes in Pacifica).

You'd also do well to remember that when Vox formed, we did not target the NPO. We originally declared on the GGA and Valhalla, and some of our more eager members jumped the NPO for their own issues (since Vox had no government at the time, there was little we could do to stop them anyway).

Nukes are just totally crazy. I just recalled that Kassad was never in any major range, and was actually commander of the nation ranges of 2-4k NS. I think he was around 10k NS, without an MP of course.

Regardless, you still ignore the fact that essay was deleted, and not actually discussed. I recall reading that work, and can see why the Pacifican mind machine took it down.

Edited by MegaAros

Ah yes. I remember that. However, I do not remember you ever in the channel at the same time as Kassad, nor do I remember you ratting out OTHER NPO members who were also in said channel. He was hardly "plotting." Kassad simply disliked seeing Polar destroyed, and Pacifica allowing it. (As well as the ideological changes in Pacifica).

You'd also do well to remember that when Vox formed, we did not target the NPO. We originally declared on the GGA and Valhalla, and some of our more eager members jumped the NPO for their own issues (since Vox had no government at the time, there was little we could do to stop them anyway).

Nukes are just totally crazy. I just recalled that Kassad was never in any major range, and was actually commander of the nation ranges of 2-4k NS. I think he was around 10k NS, without an MP of course.

Regardless, you still ignore the fact that essay was deleted, and not actually discussed. I recall reading that work, and can see why the Pacifican mind machine took it down.

Kassad dropped that essay on the NPO forum while he was celebrating it in Vox and calling for the destruction of his former friends in Pacifica. I really wish I had those logs from that night but I'm sure they're floating around out there somewhere. He threatened to nuke Imperial Officers. I distinctly remember reading that and thinking, "Ok he's officially over the line now."

That's not really the point I was trying to make originally. He Has No Name posted a screenshot of a Pacifican explaining Kassads crimes and why his loss should not be mourned and used the screenshot as proof of the NPO crushing dissent in the ranks. I don't get the point he was trying to make.

Kassad dropped that essay on the NPO forum while he was celebrating it in Vox and calling for the destruction of his former friends in Pacifica. I really wish I had those logs from that night but I'm sure they're floating around out there somewhere. He threatened to nuke Imperial Officers. I distinctly remember reading that and thinking, "Ok he's officially over the line now."

That's not really the point I was trying to make originally. He Has No Name posted a screenshot of a Pacifican explaining Kassads crimes and why his loss should not be mourned and used the screenshot as proof of the NPO crushing dissent in the ranks. I don't get the point he was trying to make.

This is my last take on the issue.

Kassad never called for the destruction of the NPO. He, as did other NPO Vox sympathizers in our channel, wanted the NPO to stand and bask in their former glory. He disliked the entirety of the events that were described pretty much in yours, and Doitzel's threads that fateful night.

As for threatening to nuke an IO, he may have threatened the action, but he could scarcely actually commit it. He had no nukes, and no ability to arm up to nuclear range in a timely manner. Besides, let's be honest here. I'm certain that all of us have made off the hand comments toward IOs and what we would do with them. I distinctively remember your "You just lost the game, traitors" comment. If this is why he was sentenced to P-ZI, then you should suffer the same.

As for the logs, I also wished I had them. That was a fun night. Most fun I've ever had in CN. I really miss that night.

As for the screenshot, if you read what he had posted along with the screenshot, you'd notice that he was saying that Kassad was expelled because of the essay (which, even if not the central reason for expulsion, was certainly one of the few for his removal). The fact that the essay was also removed only serves to further benefit his point, whether the screenshot is there or not. You'd think the Pacifican debators would be capable of actually refuting the work, but it would seem not.

Edited by MegaAros

Can we just make one topic where only Vox and Corinan can post, and then every time both have posted at least once in a thread, we just link to that and they can leave the topic? Because it's always the same arguments and they're getting a tad boring.

Can we just make one topic where only Vox and Corinan can post, and then every time both have posted at least once in a thread, we just link to that and they can leave the topic? Because it's always the same arguments and they're getting a tad boring.

Actually, this one has to do with Kassad. We've never actively discussed him before :awesome:

Although saying that has made me realize the derail. Anyway, I've said my final piece on it. My only regret is Kassad himself is not here to post in his own defense.

I like this topic quite a bit. The formation of a new bloc would be interesting. I do feel a bit sorry for MHA's leaders now since they will probably have to change their plans and possibly face a less friendly NPO in the future. :(

Oh, I don't think NPO would be unfriendly towards MHA any time in the foerseeable future. Quite the opposite, really.

Actually, this one has to do with Kassad. We've never actively discussed him before :awesome:

Although saying that has made me realize the derail. Anyway, I've said my final piece on it. My only regret is Kassad himself is not here to post in his own defense.

You have actually. I remember all this.