Galleon Racing

Shan Revan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC:

I've worked out how attacks will work, but I haven't finished writing them into the program. So they might be available after next turn.

Roughly put

For the attacker I roll the dice 3 times, I take the highest value rolled, I then roll the dice two times and take the highest value for the defender, I compare the two and the difference and add one and that becomes the penalty applied.

So if the attacker rolls a 3 a 2 and a 6, and the defender a 2 and a 3

6>5

penalty = 6-5+1 (In cases where the defender wins I reverse the order so it stays positive)

OOC:

So in that case, are you adding up the defender rolls rather than taking the highest of the 2 defender rolls?

And if the defender rolls higher than the attacker, then does that slow the attacker down?

Edited by XRCatD

OOC:

So in that case, are you adding up the defender rolls rather than taking the highest of the 2 defender rolls?

And if the defender rolls higher than the attacker, then does that slow the attacker down?

OOC: No no, still taking the highest of the two defender rolls. And yes, a failed attack will slow the attacker down, but the odds are higher of a succesful attack than a failure.

Also I've finished the attacks code, so you have ~24 hours to post that you want to attack someone.

You may only attack on ship per turn, and each ship can only be attacked once per turn.

EDIT: Please specify how you're attacking someone so I can roleplay a scene.

Edited by Shan Revan

As the Federation vessel approached the RVS Guppy, the women on board began to bare all. So distracting was this sight that none of the missiles were correctly programed to hit their targets, and one even hit the guppy. The damage has forced the RVS guppy to travel at half speed for the next three days and has taken off two hitpoints (of twenty).

The first mate ran into the captain's quarters, "Sir, what are your orders?"

"Fire upon the ship from Wighton!" commanded Sri Sumbhaji (yes, he's Hindu), "Code Shiva, full broadsides!"

All four gattling guns, as well as all 16 missiles, opened fire on the ship.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

In a pitched effort to get ahead, the masked crew dragged the ship lunatic on deck and tied a ceramic ball and stings to each of his limbs. The balls were franticly loaded into the ships cannons, and fired at the ship from Promised Land.

The Captain greatly hoped that the lunatic knew how to swim...

OOC: Subtle, just to say, I picked you at random, not to fulfill some sort of anger at you. You know I think you're :awesome:

Unfortunately for Sri Sumbhaji, it was just not his day. The crew was too wasted to even bother more than a single shot, allowing the galleon from Wighton to smash Sri Sumbhaji. A full broadside hit the ship, forcing it to travel at a third of its speed for the next three days and lost 3 hitpoints.

In a pitched effort to get ahead, the masked crew dragged the ship lunatic on deck and tied a ceramic ball and stings to each of his limbs. The balls were franticly loaded into the ships cannons, and fired at the ship from Promised Land.

The Captain greatly hoped that the lunatic knew how to swim...

OOC: Subtle, just to say, I picked you at random, not to fulfill some sort of anger at you. You know I think you're :awesome:

The EDM Manta fired short, but the lunatic swam, dragging the cannonballs with him, he swam so strongly that he smashed the cannonballs into the ship, and made some holes slowing them down to half speed and removing two hitpoints.

The lunatic then swam back to the manta and climbed back on board, got a cup of tea and went back to his room.

The unmanned service crew of the Destination aims all the cannons on one side at the TIS Jihad, attempting to sink the ship with ice shells.

OOC: Destination is my ship, TIS Jihad is Mergerberger's

Also, if I attack someone, someone else can still attack me right?

Edited by XRCatD

The EDM Manta fired short, but the lunatic swam, dragging the cannonballs with him, he swam so strongly that he smashed the cannonballs into the ship, and made some holes slowing them down to half speed and removing two hitpoints.

The lunatic then swam back to the manta and climbed back on board, got a cup of tea and went back to his room.

In retaliation, the crew from Promised Land took a shot at the EDM Manta, attempting to shred part of their sails with the howitzers.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Sri Sumbhaji called his crew on deck.

"Ok, who out of you is sober?"

No one raises their hand

"How about only slightly buzzed?"

No one raises their hand

"How about drunk, but a BAC below .08?"

8 men raise their hands

"Alright, you men fire on the Anarchist ship. They've been making fun of my beard."

All the guns and rockets open fire on the ship from Thunder Bay.

The unmanned service crew of the Destination aims all the cannons on one side at the TIS Jihad, attempting to sink the ship with ice shells.

OOC: Destination is my ship, TIS Jihad is Mergerberger's

Also, if I attack someone, someone else can still attack me right?

OOC: Correct.

Perhaps because it was unmanned, the destination didn't really do much. As the TIS Jihad sailed by it unleashed a volley into the Destination causing moderate damage. The destination will travel at half speed next turm.

In retaliation, the crew from Promised Land took a shot at the EDM Manta, attempting to shred part of their sails with the howitzers.

Seeking vengence, the promised land crew succeeded in damaging the sails of the EDM Manta slowing it to half speed.

Sri Sumbhaji called his crew on deck.

No one raises their hand

No one raises their hand

8 men raise their hands

"Alright, you men fire on the Anarchist ship. They've been making fun of my beard."

All the guns and rockets open fire on the ship from Thunder Bay.

OOC: You already attacked someone, 1 per round.

It seems the sunshine had come to stop as a massive storm rolled in over the region. Large winds pushed the ships around like sail boats in a storm.... oh wait. :P

All vessels travelled at 2x their normal distance due to strong winds.

DAY 6

After a furious past 3 days, both in battle and in weather ships are starting separate. In the lead, The Perquod and Mirrielle's Left Breast are neck in neck against eachother in first place at 270km with the TIS Jihad close behind. At the other end of the race is Wighton, having traveled a mere 27km in 6 days.

Dragon Empire 102

MergerBerger 267

Pravus Ingruo 132

New Japan 210

New Cymru 243

Rebel Virginia 189

Il Terra Di Agea 78

Dilber 93

Wanatet 99

Sargun 270

Ile de Noir 270

Wighton 27

Rockport 57

Marscurian Empire 33

The Thunder Bay Anarchist Commune 162

Republic of Tanis 261

Promised Land 114

day6zy9.png

OOC: Ok, here's my attack

IC: Sri Sumbhaji called his crew on deck.

No one raises their hand

No one raises their hand

8 men raise their hands

"Alright, you men know we're not doing too well, but we're still better than Wighton. Let's keep it that way, I wan't you to tear that ship to pieces!"

The guns and missiles of the rear weapons system opens on the ship from Wighton.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

About half the crew was drunk, and the captain had taken a few swigs of rum himself, but he was still sober enough to give good orders.

"Well, my good hands, I believe the ship from Neo Japan deserves our attention for today...extra Rum for everyone if our attack uis successful."

A rousing chorus of cheers greeted that statement. They would be motivated for sure...

After looking over the 3-4 other ships still in sight, the crew from Ile de Noir decides to concentrate on racing instead of fighting. For now. :mellow:

***private conversation***

Queen Mirreille shared a few moments over tea with Minister Fossi as he went over the news of the race. "Damn, who knew they could actually sail a ship? Oh well, this will make it that much more entertaining when they 'catch fire' in mid-ocean....you did have Rebel Viriginia take care of that, yes?" At the look of discomfort on her Minister's face, the Queen could only sigh and hold her head. "Well, you better hope they lose is all I can say, if they win you will be punished!"

This time the crew of the Destination decides to stop being lazy. When the unmanned service starts firing the ice shells at the RVS Guppy, the crew of the Destination surveys the unmanned robots to make sure they are each performing their jobs properly. If there are any problems, then the next round of firing will be performed manually rather than by the robots.

OOC: RVS Guppy is Rebel Virginia's ship.

Edited by XRCatD

Sri Sumbhaji may have started the attack but he wouldn't be finishing it. The crew valliantly fired at the Wightonian vessel but it was no use. Today the weapons just seemed to bounce off the hull. Meanwhile, it retaliated with a full broadside that maimed Sri Sumbhaji's masts. With only a quarter of his sails intact, it would be slow sailing until repairs could be made.

On board the PLS Cutter, it was clear the promises for extra booze had paid off. The crew staggered around somehow drunkely efficent and come upon the unsuspecting INS Shinjuku with a ferocity only seen in a desperate alcoholic.

The INS Shinjuku would not be forced to travel at quarter speed until repairs to the hull could be made.

The Destination closed the gap towards Rebel Virginia and fired as soon as they came into sight, horribly missing. the RVS Guppy didn't even notice and did not retaliate. The battle was a boring draw.

OOC: That was a bad luck round it seems.

On board the PLS Cutter, it was clear the promises for extra booze had paid off. The crew staggered around somehow drunkely efficent and come upon the unsuspecting INS Shinjuku with a ferocity only seen in a desperate alcoholic.

The INS Shinjuku would not be forced to travel at quarter speed until repairs to the hull could be made.

OOC: Well, not for me, anyway...oh yeah! :awesome:

Sri Sumbhaji may have started the attack but he wouldn't be finishing it. The crew valliantly fired at the Wightonian vessel but it was no use. Today the weapons just seemed to bounce off the hull. Meanwhile, it retaliated with a full broadside that maimed Sri Sumbhaji's masts. With only a quarter of his sails intact, it would be slow sailing until repairs could be made.

Sri Sumbhaji holds his face in his hands. "How soon can we be on our way," he asks.

"Not to long sir," replied his first mate. All of a sudden, the front mast crashes down. "Ok, it will be long sir."

Sumbhaji heads back to his cabin. "What did I do in a past life to deserve this!" he screams.

The captain, still wearing the paper bag over his head climbed up onto the damaged deck.

"I hear the ship from Thunder Bay is in range of the long range weapon, you have my orders to fire it."

"But sir, it's too dangerous!!" A crew member yelled out.

"I say do it, we're far enough behind as it is, might as well loose with a bang." A man said while hanging upside down from the mast stitching a sail back together.

"Firing the Phasianidae Fléchette Cannon!" Another crew member yelled from below deck.

In a flurry of feathers and the sound of roosters, the cannon fired three hundred mean spirited chickens in the direction of the ship from Thunder Bay.

OOC: Gotta love the chicken gun :awesome: