Galleon Racing

Shan Revan

OOC: I decided to spend my freetime sleeping, or going out >_> Sorry it's late.

The captain was livid. "You lazy, good-fer-nuthin' layabouts!" He booted one member on the rear, hoping that would motivate the man to do something, even if it were only to try and fight back. He got his wish. The man lunged at him when he'd recovered.

The fight was watched by the rest of the crew, with about half of them cheering the "unfortunate" crew member, and the other half too drunk to care.

The Captain finally gained the uppper hand, and knocked the crew member on the head. "That could be called mutiny, but since I need every able hand..." he splashed some seawater into the man's face, and gave him an order. "Get on those guns and shoot at that enemy..." he said, picking a ship at random...

OOC: He happened to point at MergerBerger's ship.

Taking the randomness at hand the crew fired in all directions, surprisingly however it was the recently concussed man that managed to hit. The cannonball smashing into the Jihad's captain's quarters and ruining his table. It didn't cause any major damage to the ship but it was the captain's favourite table and in his misery he commanded the ship to sail at half speed to mourn the table.

OOC: I don't think there's a galleon for you. RV only had 20 in the beginning.

IC: The crew of the Destination is really enjoying being on the galleon. Since it provides everything a cruise ship provides, the crew has fun doing many of the activities together. Since they all follow the "the more the merrier" philosophy, most of them do activities together at the same times. Every 7 days it is the weekly Fire-the-Cannons Day. This week, instead of firing into empty water, the crew spots the EDM Manta from Il Terra Di Agea and fires thousands of ice shells at the ship for two hours. However, as it gets dark, the crew can no longer see what is going on, and retire to the theatre to watch an unmanned performance of the Robot Dance.

Unfortunately, being made of ice, the shells simply melted from the heat of the propelling explosion. later some of the dancing robots exploded flinging arms and legs into the cry terrifying them. They would travel at quarter speed in fear of a robot rebellion.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: That made me laugh KaiserMelech, :lol: /OOC

IC: The Captain paced the quaterdeck. The ship's crew eyed him warily as they went about their tasks, careful not to let their grumbling reach his ears." Damn, we don't seem to be closing the gap. What to do??" Since no one was around to answer his question, the Captain went back to his pacing.

OOC: Loved how you did that last attack for me, Shan... :D

IC: Pleased with the success of the rebellious crewmember, the man was invited to dine with him. Of course, it still was not a request the man could refuse, but an order.

Now, a week later, he reviewed who all was in range. Not happy with the progress of things, he decided eliminating someone was in his best interest.

He ordered the crew to fire upon the most damaged ship they could reach ahead of their position. (OOC: In this case, it is Il Terra De Agea's ship)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Are we allowed to attack someone if they are attacking someone else?

IC: Spotting the ship from Neo Japan, the crew decided to test the newly improved ice shells on that ship. After two hours of firing, it turned dark and the crew retired the theatre. This time they're dancing with each other...it seems that the last dance really damaged the crew's trust in robots...

Edited by XRCatD

"Mormons!" Sri Sumbhaji yelled to his firing crew, "I do not like them Sam-I-Am, I do not like Neo Japan. Let's see if we can fix the situation."

Sumbhaji took command of the wheel as the mormons opened fire on the ship from Neo Japan.

The 155mm Flak Cannon turned its barrel and retaliated

"Quick! everyone think of something happy!"

IC: Spotting the ship from Neo Japan, the crew decided to test the newly improved ice shells on that ship. After two hours of firing, it turned dark and the crew retired the theatre. This time they're dancing with each other...it seems that the last dance really damaged the crew's trust in robots...

"turn their ship to a orange glow!!!!" roared the captain

A complete broadside barrage of the napalm cannons retaliated against the Wanatet ship

A complete broadside barrage of the napalm cannons retaliated against the Wanatet ship

OOC: remember, you can only be attacked by one of them, and make one attack yourself. Choose wisely...

"Mormons!" Sri Sumbhaji yelled to his firing crew, "I do not like them Sam-I-Am, I do not like Neo Japan. Let's see if we can fix the situation."

Sumbhaji took command of the wheel as the mormons opened fire on the ship from Neo Japan.

Taking their captains hatred to heart, the mormons fired professional doorknockers onto the neo japanese vessel. When they arrived they quickly made their way to the captains chamber. So they knocked. No response. They knocked some more and still there was no response. After an hour of knocking and waiting, some calling a scrap of paper was slid out from under the door. Written on it was "No one is home". Dismayed, the mormons left the ship to find their next door. Knowing that retaliating would only signal to them that he had "returned", he ordered the craft travel as quickly as possible to escape.

The battle was a draw

OOC: That made me laugh KaiserMelech, :lol: /OOC

IC: The Captain paced the quaterdeck. The ship's crew eyed him warily as they went about their tasks, careful not to let their grumbling reach his ears." Damn, we don't seem to be closing the gap. What to do??" Since no one was around to answer his question, the Captain went back to his pacing.

And onwards he paced!

OOC: Loved how you did that last attack for me, Shan... :D

IC: Pleased with the success of the rebellious crewmember, the man was invited to dine with him. Of course, it still was not a request the man could refuse, but an order.

Now, a week later, he reviewed who all was in range. Not happy with the progress of things, he decided eliminating someone was in his best interest.

He ordered the crew to fire upon the most damaged ship they could reach ahead of their position. (OOC: In this case, it is Il Terra De Agea's ship)

It was a standard volley but it was super effective, the ship would not be moving for some time.

Can't attack someone who has already been attacked.

The crew continued to fire but they had yet to overcome the melting problem. In the end a lot of noise was made and the guns became rusty.

It seems however the noise was enough to alert the crew of the Neo Japanese ship. After a long barrage that appeared to do nothing, they decided to vent their irritation from the mormons on Wanatat. And vent they did

DAY 33

The RVS Guppy has taken the lead again but it is challenged by Mirrielle's Left Breast, which has been a fierce competitor in this event. The Perquod is still in the race.

Elsewhere the Thunderbay Anarchist Commune's vessel made astounding progress, only to be mobbed by mormon doorknockers and sunk.

day33dw9.jpg

OOC: Please note, I didn't quite copy the data into the fields correctly and didn't notice untill now but Ile de Noir and RV should be swapped places.

Their correct positions are:

Rebel Virginia 1114 km

Ile de Noir 1074 km

All the rest are fine.

THIS IS THE LAST ROUND. POST YOUR FINAL ATTACKS ETC.

Baggs paced the deck, looking over his battered ship.

"Captain, what are we going to do?" A crew member, now with a peg leg asked.

"We do what we always planned..."

"You mean..."

"Yes."

He took out his spyglass for a moment, and looked on the horizon. "Ship from the Dragon Empire is on course."

Baggs paused for a moment.

"RAMMING SPEED!!!!!!!!!"

OOC: I'm attacking the Dragon Empire's ship

Sri Sumbhaji was in his cabin crying. "Last, how could we be in last after all we've done. I've put up with these mormons for weeks. I've listened to every Donny Osmond song ever written and for what?"

"Actually sir," said a crew member as he walked in, "we're second to last. The anarchist ship has sunk and is therefore disqualified."

"Ha ha," said Sri Sumbhaji, "Well, let's see what this not-last-place ship can do! Fire on the nearest ship, the one from Wanatet. They seem to be pretty hot in this race."

"Sir, that's because they're on fire."

"I know, that crew is dynamite!"

"No, I mean their ship is literally on fire."

"Oh," said Sri Sumbhaji, looking at the floor, "well... Sucks to be them! Mormons! I have one last job for you."

The ship opened fire on the burning wreckage from Wanatet.

The first mate and the Captain stood near the stern of the ship, deliberting.

"Should we attack Captain? We did well with just the sailing. Though we do still have IT...."

"Hmmm. Good point matey, but I don't trust these weak-kneed sons of chicken farmers farther then I can throw them. They would probably botch it, and if it got loose on the ship we'd be done for. Though we will wait and see if the Guppy decides to have a go at us. If they do we will retailiate. I'd prefer to have IT on hand for the victory celebration to shoot at the Queen though."

The first mate was aghast,"We can't do that! it would bollux all our pardons! We'd have gone through all this mess for nothing!!!"

"You didn't read the fine print matey, we don't get the pardons until we've actually WON; we'll fire IT just before we cross the finish line."

The first mate thought about this for a moment. "What if the Queen isn't there? I doubt she would show up, she probably hoped we would all be dead by now."

"Yarrr, I don't care, so long as we get to hurt somebody! How would you like to go pirating for real after this race is over? I think we get the boat too if we win."