Galleon Racing

Shan Revan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Buyers, it's you're lucky day. The price of galleons has been reduced from hundred and fifty million to just ten million dollars!" the Pope exclaimed, respecting the Nabooan request, and obviously looking tired from the hours he has spent advertising this since the announcement of the event. "Yes, we've gone price slashing crazy! So get them while they're cheap! Only ten million dollars for a real galleon! The only one costing more is this solid gold galleon we're making right now! Yes, that's right. Solid gold galleon. No, it doesn't float, but it would make a great lawn decoration for whoever wants it. And here's the kicker, it's only one billion dollars. This is craftsmanship that money can buy." The Pope hoped nobody realized that he had already used that line several times in the last hour.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

"Buyers, it's you're lucky day. The price of galleons has been reduced from hundred and fifty million to just ten million dollars!" the Pope exclaimed, respecting the Nabooan request, and obviously looking tired from the hours he has spent advertising this since the announcement of the event. "Yes, we've gone price slashing crazy! So get them while they're cheap! Only ten million dollars for a real galleon! The only one costing more is this solid gold galleon we're making right now! Yes, that's right. Solid gold galleon. No, it doesn't float, but it would make a great lawn decoration for whoever wants it. And here's the kicker, it's only one billion dollars. This is craftsmanship that money can buy." The Pope hoped nobody realized that he had already used that line several times in the last hour.

The Western Republic wishes to buy the solid gold galleon for ten billion RVDs.

The Western Republic wishes to buy the solid gold galleon for ten billion RVDs.

"I never thought anyone would buy this! This is excellent! This is splendid!" the Pope said excitedly. "Sold for ten billion to the fine gentleman from the Western Republic!" The Pope calmed himself. "We will have it shipped to you as soon as the massive statue is completed. Also, would you like a t-shirt as well? One million dollars and you can have it."

Edited by Rebel Virginia

"I never thought anyone would buy this! This is excellent! This is splendid!" the Pope said excitedly. "Sold for ten billion to the fine gentleman from the Western Republic!" The Pope calmed himself. "We will have it shipped to you as soon as the massive statue is completed. Also, would you like a t-shirt as well? One million dollars and you can have it."

"Damn a million dollars, I'll pay five!"

"Damn a million dollars, I'll pay five!"

"You got yourself a deal."

As requested, large trucks of beans were transported to Rebel Virginia. "The Thunder Bay Anarchist Commune would like you to build for us a simple galleon, the AAS Thunder Bay.

"These are the magic beans we agreed to, right, and not just some regular old beans? We want magic ones, but we'll sort it out later. But yes, if these are indeed the magic beans, then your galleon is ready. Right over there." The Pope pointed to a galleon.

Unfortuantely the Dhow doesn't look piratey enough, spruce it up a tad and it will get the seal of approval.

Our dhow is plenty piratey. The ship was modeled after the fast dhows used by the Barbary Coast pirates of the 18th and 19th century. Look at the similarities

Xebec%20B058.JPGdhow.gif

Left: Barbary Pirate vessel Xenec Right: Our ship Minneapolis Speed

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

News of the galleon competition reached the Republic of Tanis and public frenzy over this amazing spot took national fervor to a whole new level. Sales on pirate apparel climbed over 500%. The newest catch phrase was, "Arrrgghh! Matey!"

In a country where ninja apparel was a stronghold, many companies in recent days have discontinued their ninja weapons and clothing lines en masse. Local police forces have been called increasingly in recent days to combat the turbulence violence between self-proclaimed forces of ninjas and pirates. (OOC: :awesome: )

Local billionaire Nai Takowegia stated while wearing a classic eyepatch and pirate suit, "This galleon racing event should be quite interesting. With this announcement, I would like to state that I'm willing to purchase a Rebel Virginia galleon to be named the TSS Spartacus. As we speak I shall electronically transfer the necessary money to the Treasury of Rebel Virginia. ARRR!!! We hope plunder our competitors and swashbuckle our way to victory!"

Reports of a Tanisian sailing ship left a few days ago en route to Rebel Virginia to compete. An array of cannons, muskets, beautiful women, and of course, rum were rumored to be on board.

***Action***

Transferring $10 million to Rebel Virginia

Edited by Quest07

Ah, what the heck. Promised Land will sponsor a crew of 25. They will arrive to pick up their ship ASAP. We request the name be PLS Cutter, and wish to install long-range mortars for the weapons, and refrigerators and coolers, to keep the food fresh.

"Ahoy there, mateys!"

***Action--not classified.***

Promised Land wires the equivalent of $10 million.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The crew for the Ile de Noir entry arrived by transport plane. Brought off in groups of eight shackled together hand and foot, with a number of individuals brought off in straightjackets and muzzles(those would be the officers) as well. After turning over custody of the crew to the RV security forces, the Lieutenant in charge informed the RV officers that had come to meet with them that the crew were to determine the name of the ship for themsleves, as pirates of course are wont to do. He also handed over the personnel files of the crewmembers so the RV security forces would understand how dangerous these people were. Their ranks include several lawyers, a junk bond dealer, a used car salesman, several Elvis impersonators, and a man claiming he is the true Pope and that RV is in fact led by a fraud and a madman....truly the scum of the earth.

Ile de Noir, we have received your people."

"Our payment as well I trust? We have to add the price of the weapons and,er, the housing of our crew, but full payment will be sent as soon as the required total is given to us.

You are making a fortune off ths, aren't you? <_< "

"There are no restrictions on weaponry so long that it does not alter the frame of the ship."

We would like to announce the fitting of a 30mm Gatling cannon to our forecastle as well as a number of RPTG launchers for shoulder mounted firing.

OOC: I'm writing a program so I can roll all of these pretty easily (and without bias :P).

Anyway entries and stuff will close around thursday (my time). Until then feel free to send news crews or whatever you want.

The race will start after that.

IC:

"The course of this event has been plotted, from norfolk to Agadir, the galleons will travel 6100km. Under optimal conditions this would be a two and a half week journey. Fortunately for the race weather forcasts say this event shall be far more interesting!"

"Gatling guns, eh? Brilliant!" shouted the Pope. "We shall install several of those on the RVS Guppy at once. Now why didn't I think of this." he said as he slapped his forehead.

"Well with out the nuclear reactor, the railguns were out" remarked one sad engineer. "However, we are looking at a ship to ship missile system. The problem will be tracking them... Drunk"

We would like to announce the fitting of a 30mm Gatling cannon to our forecastle as well as a number of RPTG launchers for shoulder mounted firing.

Gatling guns? OK, we'll be putting some of those on too...

Our crew should be arriving in Rebel Virginia right about now...