Galleon Racing

Shan Revan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Mosey and the Pirates (as the crew is being called within the Federation) shakes his head at all the modern weapons being placed onto the ships. "Modrn' gatlin' guns arrrrrn't gonna do much versus a oak hulled ship." He says, looking over his weapons stash. "Hav' fun shootin' at us as we sail away and yer guns don make a dent."

Soon after this, Captain Mosey submitted his weapon's list.

50 fire cannons (cannons that shoot flaming cannon balls in an attempt to light the other ships on fire), 5 bow, 5 astern, 20 on each flank

5 RPGs and ammo to reload them

10 flamethrowers

20 women's breasts

We have finished installing our King Cobra weapons systems. The 2 units were finished in the wee hours of the morning, and added on to the Forecastle and the main deck. The crew has stocked up on the pirate necessaties: Rum, Salted beef (we can't use pork, seeing as the crew are jewish and muslim), Limes (To prevent scurvy), and in the crews words, "A butt load of ammo." The ship was intented to sail to the event, but in the intrest of time, it will be towed by 2 tugboats so that it isn't late for the start of the race.

Our new King Cobra weaponry:

kash_vp_02.jpg

Specs:

Weapons:

2x6 barreled 30mm gattling guns

8xSAM or SSM Tubes

Rate of Fire:

Guns: 10,000 rpm (Both guns)

Missiles: 12 per minute

Effective Range:

Guns: 4,000 Meters

Missiles: 10,000 Meters

Reload Time:

Guns: Varies, usually 2-5 minutes

Missiles: Varies, usually 3 minutes

OOC: Gotta wub that reference... :P

OOC: srs

who wants to RP the white whale?

IC: The Moby Dick will consist of seventeen crewmen, each wearing an exoskeleton. Also, flamethrowers, harpoons made of napalm, several thousand gallons of radioactive waste and a fornicating chamber.

OOC: Isn't napalm a liquid?

OOC: Usually yes, but Sargun is just that awesome :awesome:

IC: The Crew of the EDM Manta arrived at a small port in Rebel Virginia, already so stinking drunk that they could barely walk. They neglected to release the maniac in the brig, and intend to leave him there until their new ship is completed.

Captain Mosey and the Pirates (as the crew is being called within the Federation) shakes his head at all the modern weapons being placed onto the ships. "Modrn' gatlin' guns arrrrrn't gonna do much versus a oak hulled ship." He says, looking over his weapons stash. "Hav' fun shootin' at us as we sail away and yer guns don make a dent."

Soon after this, Captain Mosey submitted his weapon's list.

20 women's breasts

OOC: I'm....not even going to ask. :P It's also becoming rapidly apparent that this "race" might be over before it is a day old. After these idiots vaporise each other, perhaps Naboo will hold a second race with weapons limited to something sensible. :P/OOC

IC: After causing their Rebel Virgina gaurds considerable trouble, the crew of the Ile de Noir entry got down to the serious matter of naming their ship. After a short but somewhat violent debate, the crew decided on(Insert vulgar reference to the Queen's private parts), which narrowly won over 'The Love Boat'. When told of the crew's rather unusual choice of names Queen Mirreile was heard to mutter,"I hope they all burn... <_< "

OOC: srs

who wants to RP the white whale?

IC: The Moby Dick will consist of seventeen crewmen, each wearing an exoskeleton. Also, flamethrowers, harpoons made of napalm, several thousand gallons of radioactive waste and a fornicating chamber.

OOC:

Split your lungs with blood and thunder

When you see the white whale!

Break your backs and crack your oars, men,

If you wish to prevail!

This ivory leg is what propels me -

Harpoons thrust in the sky!

Aim directly for his crooked brow,

And look him straight - in - the - eye!!!

WHITE

WHALE

HOLY

GRAIL

IC: Our ship will be toting this:

Cannon_pic.jpg

There will be forty of them on either side of the ship, leaving plenty of room for rum, and not breaking the spirit of Piracy!

A simulation of a galleon race was done in Wanatet, with 75 crews each manning an identical virtual galleon. The top 7 crews were chosen from the top 7 places in the simulation race. They were narrowed down to 3 crews based on the amount of shares they would each vouch to purchase. After narrowing it down to 3 crews, each crew had sponsors that donated to the Corporation. The crew with the sponsor that donated the most was chosen to represent the Wanatet Corporation in this galleon race. They are en route to Norfolk to man the Destination. They were not disappointed for the amount they donated, since the Destination had almost all the enjoyments of a cruise ship, with 24hour unmanned service and 24hour music playing, without taking away the enjoyments of being pirates.

The crew of the Minneapolis Speed wish to know when the race will commence. They are all dressed up for the occassion.

250px-CaptSri.JPG

Captain Sumbhaji Angre, named for his great great great grandfather, a famous privateer from Marscury's early history, eager for the race, waits in his quarters.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

OOC: Feel better soon. Remember, drink plenty of liquids, and don't forget your vitamin C.

OOC: I'll second that. Every time I've got the flu or a cold, I rcovered within a day because of this excellent advice. Not exactly the same thing, but it still works for infections like that...hope you get better soon!

OOC: Alright, meds seem to be having abit of an effect, enough to motivate me to start this baby

It was a perfect day for sailing, relative calm waters glistening in the sun and a good wind driving them ever eastward, just what they needed. Norfolk harbour was quite a spectacle with thousands of people flocked along the coastline watching the 19 large, proud galleons. Many more had taken to the water, filling the harbour and the bay outside it with private yachts and small watercraft.

They sat peacefully in the water in a great line, waiting for the signal. A great cannon overlooking the ships had been constructed specifically for this task. As it neared 10, the designated start time, the barrel was stuffed with gunpowder and a great ball of iron was lifted into the chamber.

As the clock ticked down, the crowd counted the seconds with it. Then just on time the cannon roared to life, the rumbling boom drowning out the crowd's excited chants for a second.

The ships were off, well, they started putting their sails up, and then they were off. Most of them anyway, it seems the cannonball had struck the rigging of the DES Holy Handgrenade, preventing them from starting with the others.

As the vessels entered Chesapeake Bay, the ship scrambled to avoid the many small personal craft on the bay. Unfortunately, rockport's hightech entry ran over a small vessel, damaging the hull forcing it to stop and make repairs.

Once they all got to sea however it was relatively clear sailing for the next three days

Currently the RVS Guppy has taken the lead with its incredible speed, the Pequod in a close second with Captain Ahab proving very tenacious. Mirrielle's Left Breast, the oddly named prisoner vessel, clearly motivated by their desire for freedom has managed to reach third place.

DAY 3 RESULTS:

Participants Distance (km)

Dragon Empire 6

MergerBerger 69

Pravus Ingruo 66

New Japan 36

New Cymru 45

Rebel Virginia 99

Il Terra Di Agea 75

Dilber 69

Wanatet 57

Sargun 96

Ile de Noir 90

Wighton 27

Rockport 15

Marscurian Empire 27

The Thunder Bay Anarchist Commune 18

Republic of Tanis 45

Promised Land 78

day3pg8.jpg

OOC: Please note that whilst I may RP some events that match with the rankings, they are because of the randomly generated data, not because I'm being biased or such. So the cannon hitting him is just an explanation of the 6km in 3days.

Edited by Shan Revan

OOC:

I've worked out how attacks will work, but I haven't finished writing them into the program. So they might be available after next turn.

Roughly put

For the attacker I roll the dice 3 times, I take the highest value rolled, I then roll the dice two times and take the highest value for the defender, I compare the two and the difference and add one and that becomes the penalty applied.

So if the attacker rolls a 3 a 2 and a 6, and the defender a 2 and a 3

6>5

penalty = 6-5+1 (In cases where the defender wins I reverse the order so it stays positive)

This is applied like this.

(Progress for the turn)/penalty

so if the defender was going to make 100, the attack would then be applied like this

100/(6-5+1)=50

And the loser of the battle was slowed down to half of its speed due to the damage.

Ships will also be given hitpoints (like 10 or something, haven't decided the specific number), the penalty number is subtracted from the hitpoints, once it reaches 0 the ship is sunk.

----

Once I get this implemented, you will need to request between turns that you want to attack and who you want to attack for the next round. Attacks can only be performed on ships within 100km of you.

Edited by Shan Revan

OOC: Not trying to break rules, just need to do a quick thing with my ship, and ,more importantly, my crew

IC: A small, but quick speed boat pulled along side the ship from Espiral de Morte, making sure not to damage the delicate wooden hull. The eight men on board the speed boat fired speer guns up onto the deck, and climbed up with the greatest haste they could muster. The last one to climb aboard was by far the strangest. He wore an expensive, dark suit, and clean leather shoes, much more fit for an expensive gala than the deck of a wooden galleon. He wore dark, leather gloves over his hands, and to top it all off, a paper bag over his head and face. They man, presumably the captain, made the other men, dressed in suits with black masks over their entire heads look normal.

They slowly walked the boat, throwing the old crew overboard, and placing cannons and harpoon guns on the deck. The captain walked up the the wheel and yelled out, "Get those guns mounted, and throw the tarps over. We have a race to win!"

OOC: Espiral de Morte won't be around much longer, so I might as well put a small start to future RP in :awesome: