CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cheaped out on the wine at the last hegemony conference.

Showing up at my house drunk at 3 am, with a bag full of baby seals to club to death, and then demanding I give you a drink does not a hegemony conference make!

Showing up at my house drunk at 3 am, with a bag full of baby seals to club to death, and then demanding I give you a drink does not a hegemony conference make!

But I brought some babies to eat as well :(

So, how exactly do these "separate nations" work? I was under the impression that the Exarchate of Africa was a completely separate entity from Athens, and that the sharing of stats was an OOC system.

Is this wrong? Triyun's post:

Last I checked the Exarchate was backed by the Athenian Military, which is armed by the Athenian Federation, manned by Athenian citizens, and funded by the Athenian Treasury.  Without the Athenian Military getting involved, I'm a bit skeptical Gabon would be listening to Sudan at all especially with Draka's backing.  In other words, the world we live in is a brutal one motivated by bastardly people with !@#$%^& interests.  The thing holding those back are people with bigger swords, and speaking as on with a big sword, perhaps it'd be nice to get a thank you card and some flowers on occasion instead of demands from normally hostile nations to go bleed for hem.

Gives me the impression that such a separation is actually non-existent, and that I should just refer to the Exarchate as Athens instead of the Exarchate.

I've been gone for awhile. Clarification of how these rules work would be awesome.

But IC, is it a separate entity? I know how the OOC mechanics work. I'm asking if it is a actual separate entity IC or if IC it reports to Athens.

I know where it gets its stats, that's not the question I'm asking. Given that there is a line between IC and OOC, I need an answer relating to the IC side of the line.

After that turned out not to be the case, I chose to respond with bull !@#$ as a politician does when they have incorrect information but still want to do what they wan to do.

Triyun perfectly captures essence of international politics.

Next stage if that fails usually falls in the "mistakes were made" genre.

"Mistakes were made" is personally Generalissimo's favorite non apology.

But IC, is it a separate entity? I know how the OOC mechanics work. I'm asking if it is a actual separate entity IC or if IC it reports to Athens.

I know where it gets its stats, that's not the question I'm asking. Given that there is a line between IC and OOC, I need an answer relating to the IC side of the line.

I always assumed it was the office and person in charge of all Athenian land and protectorates in Africa. 

Remember guys, helping someone else write an optional canon storyline = valid CB. I'm genuinely disgusted that you would use me helping Jesbro as a CB, that's absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Mogar

The Exarchate is a special case from the established optional canon nations entirely. Functionally speaking it is a separate nation in a Commonwealth with the Athenian Federation. It is not subject to the laws, the legislative, etc. of the Athenian Federation. The Exarch does however report to the Athenian crown and (s)he will be an Athenian national.

The Exarchate however is also by its own charter banned from maintaining a military and as such is protected by the Hellenic Forces which are fully Athenian.

Samara impatiently sighed and tapped the microphone, "Perhaps it would make more sense to reconvene tomorrow. A fresh start of the conversation, with whoever decides to stick around. I offer to all of you the hospitality of Khartoum, and rooms will be prepared in the Corinthia hotel."

With that, he retreated to the bar out in the lobby to catch a quick drink.

Quick drink is way to end conferences overall. Best ending to all conferences!

Edited by Generalissimo