CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No objections from me.

Appreciated. Thank you.

You'd have to start over with a new slate, your old story with the nuke is concluded so to speak. On the upside, I did fix your nation up pretty good and you now have a reasonably well trained civil service, national police, and a division of light infantry.

Again I appreciate you letting me start a new. I was thinking of starting off with an election campaign for the new government. This way I can flesh out the different parties trying to get in power without just throwing in a basic low detail government. 

What are your thoughts Centurius and Tidy Bowl Man?

Alright, given I just got labelled fascist over ship names (in a naming pattern that terms back for months), I'm quitting Japan. If Triyun wants to purge the country after me, he can feel free to. I for my part rather leave in the knowledge I lived up to the agreement for as long as I was there and I take my pride and honour and leave, after this. I'm not a traitor, but I'm also not a serf.

So, I guess people can rejoice, and given the sole protectorates are in the hands of Triyun, Cent and MGL, I won't even bother asking. It was fun for as long as it lasted, but I guess that ends it.

If you don't want to be labelled a fascist, don't name ships after ones that were used by fascists to try and cover the world in darkness.

I name my ships after what is in Japan normal Japanese names. That already was the case for my other ships and for the first two carriers. I don't reuse IJN names for the IJN value (my carriers won't get named Akagi and Kaga, for example, given that would make no sense whatsoever for purpose-built carriers), but because, unless I name them something Maru, there isn't a great lot of naming tradition there. And the naming tradition used back then and used today mostly just names stuff after geographical matters, such as provinces (battleships, e.g. Nagato, Yamato, Shinano, Musashi, Mutsu, Ise, Kii...), mountains (battlecruisers and heavy cruisers, e.g. Kongo, Haruna, Hiei,...), rivers (e.g. Suzuya, Mogami, ...), winds (destroyers, e.g. Akikaze, Shimakaze, Shiokaze,...) etc. Carriers are mythological creatures (such as Soryu, Hiryu, Shokaku, Taiho, etc. partly reused for modern submarines in the JMSDF). If you want to label me fascist based on that, altough I didn't start massacring anyone, didn't force thousands of women to be prostitutes, waged wars of aggression all over the Pacific and whatnot, well, then feel free to. But I shall take my leave.

Why don't you show your dissatisfaction IC rather than OOC?

At this point, it's pretty much pointless.

• 3 weeks later...

The names on the map are starting to get a little crazy. Can we move to make the map all English? It doesn't make sense for some countries to be in a foreign language, and all others to be in English. Open up an atlas and you will find that all countries are listed in one language - not some in X language and some in Y language. 

There are actual maps that refer to each country in their national language, so it is not too uncommon. Not like it hurts anyone anyway.

I've seen maps that have the name in English, then have it in the national language below.  Something like:

Russian Federation

(Rossiskaya Federatsiya)

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

The company has continued since Louisiana, some four years ago across all re-rolls. The GM teams of the past contended that so long as a person has a nation, which has a headquarters of the PMC, then you can have land across the globe. To appease you, however, I present:

"Posted Today, 03:40 PM
With its new headquarters in Danzig, Virtus International has sent in teams to all its properties across the globe bearing gifts of Prussian beer."

Same color as the past is fine by me, good sir.

That post is after the fact and so doesn't concern me. The last post before it in that thread is from one year ago. Any player would've been long wiped.
And I elaborated my reasoning already. If you reroll, everything beforehand is wiped. As the merc company is directly 'entwined' with the nation as it were, it too gets wiped. Or, for previous rerolls, should have been.

How exactly would this be the case? Add to that you're ignoring years of precedence of corporations carrying over if only a little rp was posted.

See above.

Edit: Discussion origin here: Click

Edited by Lynneth

Lynneth, you can not post it on the map, but this issue has long been solved by multiple GM teams of the past. I will block anyone trying to re-roll there as I own it still. The map is purely OOC. I have no idea why you are making this so difficult, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to get a purely OOC map labeled correctly when I have adhered to all IC rules. 

First of all, you don't get to randomly decide that but abuse of the map maker position is getting to be quite a pattern for you. 

Second, considering the territory was never claimed after the fact even under your rules it is white and thus Yawoo can place his claim so go add it to the map already.