DS's Declaration of War

1 hour ago, firingline said:

And yet as NG conducts shark week, they do nothing.

You're right, UCR was very clear in their intent: they'll attack the weak if they can get away with it.

I don't know why you're crying about it.  I wish they attacked us, lol.  Y'all are lucky, stop whining and enjoy the casualties.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I don't know why you're crying about it.  I wish they attacked us, lol.  Y'all are lucky, stop whining and enjoy the casualties.

I'm not crying about anything. Just pointing out what UCR was *really* trying to do.

UCR made my day with their warrantless aggression against my allies. Gives me something to nuke besides Kashmir.

6 minutes ago, firingline said:

UCR made my day with their warrantless aggression against my allies. Gives me something to nuke besides Kashmir.

I forget did you actually do that?

Edit: checked record

Well damn you actually did. 

Edited by Lucius Optimus

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Or maybe they'd have worked up to it? Fighting NG would be a definite losing situation for them at present.

You haven't been around as long as the majority of us have and don't know a thing about UCR or the left-wing diaspora in CN, Newbie. It ain't UCR who are attacking "the weak" if they can get away with it. There's plenty of others getting away with it just fine, but sure let's make an example out of this one isolated alliance because there is absolutely no risk of being dogpiled in retaliation.

So much irony.

I forget the part where you jumped in on this whole thing? What brings you around?

6 minutes ago, LordDarrin said:

So just his love for communism? sounds about like a load of crap to me. Then again look at who we are talking about here.

I role-play as Sylvester Stalin. Some people take communism very seriously.

Edited by Kapleo

28 minutes ago, LordDarrin said:

I forget the part where you jumped in on this whole thing? What brings you around?

UCR made a post declaring their support for independents/micro alliances and pledged to defend their right to autonomy. This is something that has been at the root of my political agenda for the past few years. I also happen to have a little free time to kill so this has coincided nicely with that to make a brief re-appearance for a bit of fun :)   

3 hours ago, firingline said:

And yet as NG conducts shark week, they do nothing.

You keep brining this up like some kind of broken record. 

As I've stated before, we have no obligation to justify our allocation of anti imperialist resources to anyone, especially not the imperialists themselves. We've made it quite clear, our decision was based on one fact and one fact alone - nations that were being bullied by Bundy requested our assistance.  You expect us to declare a perpetual war against all imperialist forces when that was never our stated goal. The mental gymnastics you've employed to justify your plunders has left you unable to understand that which has been plainly stated to you.

3 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

You keep brining this up like some kind of broken record. 

As I've stated before, we have no obligation to justify our allocation of anti imperialist resources to anyone, especially not the imperialists themselves. We've made it quite clear, our decision was based on one fact and one fact alone - nations that were being bullied by Bundy requested our assistance.  You expect us to declare a perpetual war against all imperialist forces when that was never our stated goal. The mental gymnastics you've employed to justify your plunders has left you unable to understand that which has been plainly stated to you.

You are free to act as you see fit, but with the substance of our ties to DWs, we are obligated to support them. Especially with such a weak reasoning for an attack

4 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

Especially with such a weak reasoning for an attack

"Weak reasoning" lol you make me laugh. As if a tech raid isn't the weakest reasoning of all. We don't need a "reasoning for an attack", because we acted solely in defense. It is the imperialists who at every juncture chose to escalate the conflict. I see bundy in one of these threads crying about his nation getting nuked, when the logs prove that it was HE who threw the first warhead. 

12 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

You are free to act as you see fit, but with the substance of our ties to DWs, we are obligated to support them. Especially with such a weak reasoning for an attack

Papers, Please (Video Game 2013) - IMDb

Your ties only really have substance if there is proof of substance. There is no community-wide understanding that you are all allied and I am spoken to like a raving fool whenever I point out that the ENTIRETY OF PINK TEAM  are effectively one alliance spread over a web of proxy affiliations. All for the sole purpose of creating degrees of separation so that people like Al Bundy can go on raiding parties without any real consequences, because you will all dogpile anyone who steps to him (or whoever else is bored that week) as long as you know you're guaranteed to win. 

The UCR's reasoning to attack is far stronger and more consistent than the substance which makes up these "ties" you claim to hold with DT and DW, all to justify calling them in to shut this down by way of overkill. Yeah it's great something is happening but your excessive response has served as a stark reminder to many why there is this constant state of inertia; make one wrong move and the entire game will jump on your head.   

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

3 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

"Weak reasoning" lol you make me laugh. As if a tech raid isn't the weakest reasoning of all. We don't need a "reasoning for an attack", because we acted solely in defense. It is the imperialists who at every juncture chose to escalate the conflict. I see bundy in one of these threads crying about his nation getting nuked, when the logs prove that it was HE who threw the first warhead. 

Nukes and cruise missiles go hand in hand these days.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Your ties only really have substance if there is proof of substance. There is no community-wide understanding that you are all allied and I am spoken to like a raving fool whenever I point out that the ENTIRETY OF PINK TEAM  are effectively one alliance spread over a web of proxy affiliations. All for the sole purpose of creating degrees of separation so that people like Al Bundy can go on raiding parties without any real consequences, because you will all dogpile anyone who steps to him (or whoever else is bored that week) as long as you know you're guaranteed to win. 

The UCR's reasoning to attack is far stronger and more consistent than the substance which makes up these "ties" you claim to hold with DT and DW to justify calling them in to shut this down via overkill. 

Bundy announced in his DoE that he was protected, though he did not officially disclose who was protecting his aa. Regardless, as our allies can affirm since we already informed them about it, we protecting them in conjunction of another alliance. He should have disclosed it publicly, but as the aggressors, they should have done research into who the Protectors were before declaring the war

Just now, mrmarx said:

So then he should have no reason to complain

I dont think you'll find him complaining about getting a fight, simply about yiur reasoning to do so. Can you show me the screens hot of the nations requesting your assisstance?

1 minute ago, Gh0s7 said:

Bundy announced in his DoE that he was protected, though he did not officially disclose who was protecting his aa. Regardless, as our allies can affirm since we already informed them about it, we protecting them in conjunction of another alliance. He should have disclosed it publicly, but as the aggressors, they should have done research into who the Protectors were before declaring the war

Yes yes very good, I'm sure you all had a lovely chitchat behind closed doors about who is allied to who; who gets the tea set when the next leader goes mad; who gets to nuke FiringLine after me; what colour is sound and so on.

That's all great stuff but how can you expect people to do research when you make nothing public and only talk in your little private burrows? Perhaps if you did more of your politics in the open things would be a bit more lively because it's like a bloody morgue in here- on a good day.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yes yes very good, I'm sure you all had a lovely chitchat behind closed doors about who is allied to who; who gets the tea set when the next leader goes mad; who gets to nuke FiringLine after me; what colour is sound and so on.

That's all great stuff but how can you expect people to do research when you make nothing public and only talk in your little private burrows? Perhaps if you did more of your politics in the open things would be a bit more lively because it's like a bloody morgue in here- on a good day.

Most of us in DS are old and retired, we only come out when we have to, and don't do much of the politics anymore. We exist enough to do something when prodded, as is the case with much of the game. There was no nefarious grand scheme or plan, were just old and tired

11 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I disagree. The convergence is the problem these days.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

The UCR's reasoning to attack is far stronger and more consistent than the substance which makes up these "ties" you claim to hold with DT and DW, all to justify calling them in to shut this down by way of overkill. Yeah it's great something is happening but your excessive response has served as a stark reminder to many why there is this constant state of inertia; make one wrong move and the entire game will jump on your head.   

You have no leg to stand on. Please stop. Again you "pledged your support" for this nonsense, you yourself said "I never kept paper formal copies of treaties" and yet here you are demanding a paper proof copy of a treaty. UCR should hit you for being a flaming hypocrite. Please see yourself out of this mess that you have drug yourself into. This is by far the least amount of logic I have personally ever seen used. It's sad. 

23 minutes ago, defiled said:

I disagree. The convergence is the problem these days.

So do something about that instead of hiding away.

5 minutes ago, LordDarrin said:

You have no leg to stand on. Please stop. Again you "pledged your support" for this nonsense, you yourself said "I never kept paper formal copies of treaties" and yet here you are demanding a paper proof copy of a treaty. UCR should hit you for being a flaming hypocrite. Please see yourself out of this mess that you have drug yourself into. This is by far the least amount of logic I have personally ever seen used. It's sad. 

I have two legs to stand on, can't you count you dunce? I've got you talking yourself in circles but which of us is in the mess? You sure showed me though, you've must have a brain the size of- of Georgia, I can see those brain thieves you work for gave you one of the biggest they had, back when they scooped out your old one. I'll see myself out when I'm good and ready, not a moment later!

3 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

So do something about that instead of hiding away.

I have two legs to stand on, can't you count you dunce? I've got you talking yourself in circles but which of us is in the mess? You sure showed me though, you've must have a brain the size of- of Georgia, I can see those brain thieves you work for gave you one of the biggest they had, back when they scooped out your old one. I'll see myself out when I'm good and ready, not a moment later!

You have me talking in circles yet you expect something out of someone else that you yourself never did? Sounds a lot like hypocrisy. You keep thinking you're fighting the good fight and watch yourself get rolled for your own issues. You have no idea what you're saying which doesn't surprise me one bit. Same old JA still beating his chest over nonsense.

You know what? I don't even want to know.

Man, I just was gonna suggest something light and playful, maybe reference a movie or something to clarify what my character is and then roll with it. Do your politics here, pretty sure whatever weirdly specific thing you're alluding to doesn't happen in this space.