Couple announcements

Isolatar

I had little control over who they signed, but that's about it. As i said it was nothing more than a "glorified diplomat" position.

Do you read and understand things or just throw !@#$ at a wall and hope it sticks? I am not seeking revenge, but believe they will get whats coming to them....eventually.

What is ancient history is the crap you say in every thread. Stuff about your obsession with GOONS, stone, and all that other crap.

I got the impression you wanted revenge at first, also I don't want to get off topic but each of those wars started for a completely new reason.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the glorified diplomat position? As levi would put it "the guy that goes around and pretends to be in the know". Yup, that was me. All decisions in that AA are done by regent & the vice, you know that, so quit playing dumb. If you remember correctly we were the only ones opposed to the war. I came up with an alternative plan to defend NG. Since the regent/vice wouldn't give it the time of day, it never happened.

Following the chain of things, yes, Valhalla oA'd to hit NPO so that they didn't have defend NG from their recently acquired treaty partners. Soon as Valhalla declared so did everyone (w/in 2 hours) on NG. Praising chefjoe "for finally delivering on a promise".

I'm not going to air dirty laundry on the OWF for the peanut gallery, but you know there were factors playing into the decisions that screwed us over. I was against the war because it had a bad vibe to it that happened to be true, but we didn't really know that going in. Any way we cut it at the end of the day if we had gone in for NG, it would have been worse for everybody. I don't blame anybody for feeling how they do now, but what happened happened.

Edited by B1gAlMan

Welp, I hit 107K coward pixels burned in round 1, I am pretty ok with that considering the amazing SDI streaks I hit on :/

I suspect by the end of round 10 or so I'll be another couple hundred K damage done, awesome!

So Valhalla had treaties on both side and they didn't pick the side you guys wanted is what this is all about? With how the treaty web works, is there a major alliance with treaties who hasn't done that before?

The thing is, Vahlla was pretty active in making plans against NG, their protectors leading  up to this war. There is only so much you can do when you have treaties on both sides, but you also have to make a series of decisions that put you in that place to begin with.

The thing is, Vahlla was pretty active in making plans against NG, their protectors leading  up to this war. There is only so much you can do when you have treaties on both sides, but you also have to make a series of decisions that put you in that place to begin with.

I promise you that with the level of apathy left in us for Bob, this would have been impossible. Whatever crusade people think they are running here is largely overshadowed by the fact most of us don't really care.

Edited by B1gAlMan

I was against the war because it had a bad vibe to it that happened to be true

My friend, the only vibe that came true was that your nation got bigger, and your nation put on some weight. Saying you want casualties now is kind of distasteful. But while we're at it now, and my second target would have been another alliance yea

o/ war, o/ casualties

I'm only here because Berbers refuses to actually attack me

I told you, you want casualties, join an AA that actually fights. 

Edit:  You should join Bear Cavalry, Hoo knows how to stand by allies even when it's not the easiest route.  Ragnarok may have paid the price for fighting PC, but at least they fought.

Edited by berbers

I told you, you want casualties, join an AA that actually fights. 

Edit:  You should join Bear Cavalry, Hoo knows how to stand by allies even when it's not the easiest route.  Ragnarok may have paid the price for fighting PC, but at least they fought.

And I told you, I had active influence in the government of Valhalla during this. You owe me casualties.

Don't just start roguing an alliance and refuse to fight people. I miss the days when we had real rogues at Valhalla trying to crusade against us for pre-Karma decisions. At least they actually had some resolve. At least you actually woke a few of our members up. We needed the activity boost and you've done us a great service.

Edited by B1gAlMan

And I told you, I had active influence in the government of Valhalla during this. You owe me casualties.

Don't just start roguing an alliance and refuse to fight people. I miss the days when we had real rogues at Valhalla trying to crusade against us for pre-Karma decisions. At least they actually had some resolve. At least you actually woke a few of our members up. We needed the activity boost and you've done us a great service.

You can always tell when someone is lying, they try to claim a rogue attack did them a favor, if this was true you would start a war and not wait for rogue attacks.

You want to wake your members up, then give them a reason to be active.

You can always tell when someone is lying, they try to claim a rogue attack did them a favor, if this was true you would start a war and not wait for rogue attacks.

You want to wake your members up, then give them a reason to be active.

Wow you sure saw through me. I'll give you about a 3.50/10

I didn't even find this topic until today.  That should tell you how often I'm on the forums these days, but also just how much contact I have with anyone at Valhalla.

As for past history, the Disorder War saw Valhalla at war with NPO and DBDC (however informally).  NPO was not even supposed to be on our target list, but somehow during the negotiations in the coalition channels we got shifted out of the sector that IRON was in and on to NPO.  I (the Chancellor, basically the money/logistics guy) honestly didn't give a damn one way or the other when I was told, but as it turned out Chefjoe had all these plans for going after TOP and attacking NPO would be problematic, since we wanted them to be a part of the anti-TOP coalition for the next war.  That was the start of mess over whether or not we should perhaps withhold nuking NPO, but the reality is that no nukes were ever withheld.

As for the NG situation, I was always under the impression that NG never asked for our help during the war.  Certainly they made the fact that they were taking a pounding know very well.  There were people within Valhalla who believed that paper was paper and if we had paper with someone we should honor it.  Others saw the pounding our middle and lower tiers were taking against NPO and didn't see how we could possibly send any sort of meaningful help and if anything we'd just make a bad situation far worse.  I for one at various times suggested that at least a token force of upper tier people could be sent against someone hitting NG, but that suggestion was ignored.  What I didn't know at the time, and I've been told by Caustic since, is that NG most certainly did request help.  As I explained to him though, if that request was made it was never disseminated to the rest of the government, and certainly I never saw it on the Valhalla forums.  In conversations with other members of Valhalla gov at the time, I even pointed out, "hey they never formally asked for help" and was never corrected.

Whether NG did formally ask for help or not (and why NG thought the paper would be honored in the middle of a war in which Valhalla was clearly a member of the opposing coalition *shrug*), the fact is that Valhalla fucked up.  We had this piece of paper sitting around with an alliance we weren't really communicating with, and was obviously going to be on the opposite side of a war from us and was clearly going in a different FA direction, and we could have cancelled that paper months prior, but it didn't get done.  You can blame Chefjoe not being around (and for pretty much the entirety of the war he wasn't, nor since so far as I know), you can blame Levi for not stepping up and correcting the situation, but at the end of the day, it was an avoidable mistake and one that was beneath a veteran group like that running Valhalla at the time.  I offer no excuses.  Perhaps Chefjoe believed that he could repair relations with NG post-war and bring them into the anti-TOP coalition.  We'll never know.

As for current events, if Valhalla has become a mostly abandoned Roman city that is being raided by Visigoths, then I suppose that it's just another sign of Valhalla decline--much like the rest of Planet Bob.

Have fun with your war I suppose, and leave me out of your Valhalla bashing.  I don't work there any more.

P.S. Funny how IRON gets left out of the bashing.  They also had a treaty with NG and did nothing.  Oh well, I suppose they just play the political game better than Levi.  C'est la guerre.

Nah Hal, you guys decided to bail on NpO and let them get dogpiled the very next war when you had a chance to redeem yourselves.

It was a series of bad decisions that all happened to let Valhalla not take damage while it's allies burned. And you can downplay the no nuke rule all you want, but your AA reached out to NPO in the first place.

Either way, I am sure you left Valhalla for some of the reasons listed and you went after a much larger opponent in defense of your current AA, so clearly you are not in the same league as people like BigAl :/

Nah Hal, you guys decided to bail on NpO and let them get dogpiled the very next war when you had a chance to redeem yourselves.

It was a series of bad decisions that all happened to let Valhalla not take damage while it's allies burned. And you can downplay the no nuke rule all you want, but your AA reached out to NPO in the first place.

Either way, I am sure you left Valhalla for some of the reasons listed and you went after a much larger opponent in defense of your current AA, so clearly you are not in the same league as people like BigAl :/

Whatever anyone has to gripe about with Hal, and for sure there is, not wanting to engage with a tougher enemy cant be it. I have seen enough of him over my time here to agree with you on that. Much of the fighting fervor of a now dead and gone AA that will forever bind me to it, was Hal's doing. It was a sad thing that the parting was as it was.

Nah Hal, Levi decided to bail on NpO and let them get dogpiled the very next war when he had a chance to redeem Valhalla.

It was a series of bad decisions by Levi that all happened to let Valhalla not take damage while it's allies burned.

FTFY

Levi did warn NpO and Mi6 that no help would be coming if they went in defense of SNX, evoking the non-chaining clause in both treaties.  But when almost every single member of your government tells you, "we gotta get into this fight, whether it's in defense of Mi6 or NpO, or oA in with IRON or whatever", and you would rather sit in on the Doom side back room channels and save your pixels because you are afraid that DBDC or DT or whatever other monster will come along and rape you, then you are too clever by half, and you get a reputation for being oily, not that we didn't already have that rep.  Your Vice Regent also gets salty and starts phoning it in because, fuck all why bother?  Eventually I made one last push to fix things and it fell short.  Too inactive.

But that's old news now.  I came to SRA in search of fun and to help out.  It's been an interesting ride since.  I could do with a whole lot less Methrage, but I'm not alone there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems like a good time to provide a war update:

War Update:

NS lost by Valhalla since Feb 18:                                   1,692,994

NS lost by Helheim since Feb 18:                                       86,389

NS lost by United Mahouts of Epicaricacy since Feb 18                 (440)

NS lost by League of Anti Bronies                                              9,594 

Total NS lost by Anti-Valhalla Coalition of the Willing          95,543

Tl;DR

Valhalla sucks