if you were Dulra.....

SarahPalin

If you were Dulra.....  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The saddest part of all of this is that some of you people are flinging insults one to the other in an OOC thread because of IC actions. Get over yourselves.

That said, one would think that switching to Peace Mode while your application is processed can avoid you a lot of trouble down the road.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with this assessment, even if it comes from Argent ;)

The irony is that the person with the most objection to RP's acceptance was province of troy.  It seems like the deal itself has been fulfilled exactly as worded, but it's still a deal and it was made with the assumption he wouldn't lie to Dulra and then come after us.  

To anyone observing, just flip the situation with your own alliance.  If someone applied to your AA, and you got PMs from other AA's saying they wanted a piece of him before they'll let him go, would you not at least respond to that?  If it was an alliance you didn't want to tangle with, would you not make a concession to at least stave off a direct conflict?

The deal really makes plenty of sense if you consider WHY it was done, but if you just take it like CT does and say "HEY LOOK OBR IS DECLARING WAR ON WTF" and don't take anything else of context with you, yeah it's easy to make a straw argument.

Would I respond to it? Absolutely.  There's always room for diplomacy.  Would I have accepted your objection to him in this case as a legit one? Not likely. Would I have made the promise to you regarding him that OBR did? Not on the best day of your life.

Would I respond to it? Absolutely.  There's always room for diplomacy.  Would I have accepted your objection to him in this case as a legit one? Not likely. Would I have made the promise to you regarding him that OBR did? Not on the best day of your life.

Trimm

Good for you then you would have left him to be pounded. That was the asked price and we were willing to pay it Congrats your lessons in courage are wonderful.

Dame Hime Themis

Trimm

I am going to assume you are being deliberately obtuse. Upon leaving RP was aware what the consequences of attacking DBDC were. He understood and took the courageous choice but it was a CHOICE. Hardly selling anyone out.

Dame HIme Themis

Are you being deliberatly obtuse? He was defending himself against DBDC as they cast the first stone.

Trimm

Good for you then you would have left him to be pounded. That was the asked price and we were willing to pay it Congrats your lessons in courage are wonderful.

Dame Hime Themis

Politics are not a zero sum game. I would not have left him to be pounded.  I also would not have accepted him to my AA with a precondition that I myself would wreck him if he left my AA.  There is a world of diplomacy in between those two options. You simply chose option B, and now you have yourself tied all in a knot that people don't see that choice as being consistent with the paragon of virtue you parade yourself around here as.

Are you being deliberatly obtuse? He was defending himself against DBDC as they cast the first stone.

The Rebel

May want to look at his bio and check the times before you spout off too much. Even CT cannot deny RP left peace mode specifically to attack Cuba.

Dame Hime Themis

Politics are not a zero sum game. I would not have left him to be pounded.  I also would not have accepted him to my AA with a precondition that I myself would wreck him if he left my AA.  There is a world of diplomacy in between those two options. You simply chose option B, and now you have yourself tied all in a knot that people don't see that choice as being consistent with the paragon of virtue you parade yourself around here as.

Trimm

You would have let him be pounded. I trusted and still do RPs word and thus paid the price asked. Why not ask CT why he wanted RP dead, so much at that time. CT was the sticking point, but of course you have seen how reasonable he can be so I am sure you could have diplomatized that away.

Dame HIme Themis

The Rebel

May want to look at his bio and check the times before you spout off too much. Even CT cannot deny RP left peace mode specifically to attack Cuba.

Dame Hime Themis

Spin it all you want. I see gatorback05 casting the first stone, your argument would hold water if he attacked Cuba first.

Trimm

You would have let him be pounded. I trusted and still do RPs word and thus paid the price asked. Why not ask CT why he wanted RP dead, so much at that time. CT was the sticking point, but of course you have seen how reasonable he can be so I am sure you could have diplomatized that away.

Dame HIme Themis

How interesting that you assume I would have let him be pounded. Can you point to anything concrete to support that assertion?  Can you find somewhere that says I'm the kind of guy to let someone hang out to dry like that?  Anything at all? I'll stand on my record here.

You continue to use snark to bypass the real thrust of the point.  You had options available to you other than 1) Letting DBDC hit RP while he was unaligned and 2) Letting RP onto your AA with a promise to DBDC that OBR would nail RP if he left the OBR AA.  There is a whole spectrum of choices in between those two options.  And the simple fact is, you picked option two. And that it what it is.

The Rebel

Dame Hime Themis

I knew nothing of RP's intentions.

All i know is that he left OBR in good standing and was accepted into WTF via the proper process.

He was then attacked by a DBDC nation under the command of cuba and he then counter attacked immediately and then you slimy worm attacked him.

Spin it all you want. I see gatorback05 casting the first stone, your argument would hold water if he attacked Cuba first.

The Rebel

I guess you did look. Noticed the 9 second difference guess you did not want to mention that, notice his bio.Ask CT if he was coming out of Peace Mode to offer aid to DBDC?

Dame HIme Themsi

The Rebel

I guess you did look. Noticed the 9 second difference guess you did not want to mention that, notice his bio.Ask CT if he was coming out of Peace Mode to offer aid to DBDC?

Dame HIme Themsi

Yes it is indeed a shocking fact that people are going to be active during update and being able to react :facepalm:

Any more wonderful spin you would like to add?

Honestly I'm not sure why Hime's actions are such a surprise, he's simply demonstrating the parasite class characteristic with his actions. It is often the case that the most cunning, that is the most unscrupulous individuals reach such commanding heights.

This is true Hime is a parasite.

Yes it is indeed a shocking fact that people are going to be active during update and being able to react :facepalm:

Any more wonderful spin you would like to add?

The Rebel

Even for you that is pretty stupid.

He managed to leave peace mode, notice the attack, change his bio and then declare his war on Cuba in 9 seconds wow your right he is good. :facepalm: :psyduck: Did it occur to you that his intentions were know and he broadcast them with his change of bio and they were waiting fo his exit form peace mode?

Dame HIme Themis

The Rebel

He managed to leave peace mode, notice the attack, change his bio and then declare his war on Cuba in 9 seconds wow your right he is good. :facepalm: :psyduck: Did it occur to you that his intentions were know and he broadcast them with his change of bio and they were waiting fo his exit form peace mode?

Dame HIme Themis

What the hell are you talking about?

RP was obviously already out of peace or he couldnt have been declared upon! My dear Lord!!! So NO YOU are stupid.

Ever heard of having multiple tabs open while u refresh the inbox page hime? OMG! SMH!

Dulra just send RP peace and tell Cuba he can fight his own wars.

Edited by christian trojans

What the hell are you talking about?

RP was obviously already out of peace or he couldnt have been declared upon! My dear Lord!!! You are stupid.

Ever heard of having multiple tabs open while u refresh the inbox page hime? OMG kid! SMH!

CT

Really, why exactly would you have multiple tabs open with a declaration of war tab open if you were not planning to declare war??? Try not to look too stupid answering that.

Dame Hime Themis

CT

Really, why exactly would you have multiple tabs open with a declaration of war tab open if you were not planning to declare war??? Try not to look too stupid answering that.

Dame Hime Themis

LMAO wow dulra,

Even if i had a low wc and was not planning to enter a war i would do this as a defensive measure..

Listen carefully, if i was in an AA who was being unjustly attacked by bullies i would change defcon, be active at updates etc etc and i would most certainly have a few tabs open. Iwould have inbox messages page open and refresh it every few seconds... others for example would be the purchase military page, deploy military and another would be a declaration page Just incase i was attacked first.

These tabs would be a defensive measure, ready for a counter attack ;)

Edited by christian trojans

The Rebel

Dame HIme Themis

I've seen it plenty of times, people do react pretty fast if online when it happens and its only your word which is worthless at the moment on the intention of his bio as it is vague.

The fact you now state they were waiting to pounce on him when he left peacemode, contridicts your earlier statement that he knew the consequences if he attacked DBDC you would attack him which isn't the case. So not only did you lie to him, you're also lying to the public. As you attacked him for defending himself from DBDC aggression and not the other way round. *claps*

LMAO wow dulra,

Listen carefully, if i was in an AA who was being unjustly attacked by bullies i would change defcon, be active at updates etc etc and i would most certainly have a few tabs open. Just a few for example would be the purchase military page, deploy military and another would be a declaration page Just incase i was attacked first.

These tabs would be a defensive measure, ready for a counter attack ;)

CT

Right he had changed his Bio to read as it does because he was coming out of peace mode to offer aid to DBDC.

You know, what do you really want me to post your PMs to show what a disingenuous liar you are??. You were willing for me to break my word and kiss up if I attacked Cuba, you warned me not to attack RP becuas  you knew what his attack on DBDC meant.

Your insults are fine try not to be such a lying piece of crud.

Dame HIme Themis

I've seen it plenty of times, people do react pretty fast if online when it happens and its only your word which is worthless at the moment on the intention of his bio as it is vague.

The fact you now state they were waiting to pounce on him when he left peacemode, contridicts your earlier statement that he knew the consequences if he attacked DBDC you would attack him which isn't the case. So not only did you lie to him, you're also lying to the public. As you attacked him for defending himself from DBDC aggression and not the other way round. *claps*

The rebel

Yup darn near cryptic.

Dame Hime Themis

Nation Slogan: Can't wait to nuke you.

War Reason: Call Hime, you coward