if you were Dulra.....

SarahPalin

If you were Dulra.....  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep

Dulra could easily pull out of this. He has good moral ground too.

HAHA this is exactly true bro hahaha. Mate you should have seen the screenshots i saw of him running around crying and beging for help when i attacked him lmfao. Cuba is scared todeath of a real fight and DBDC membership must be seeing this now. This is cubas way of trying to drag OBR into his fight with WTF.

I see you don't have answers for my question.  Very well.  I would say it's disappointing, but we all know you a little too well.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative.  If he's still applying to the AA and they ask if we have any objections he's not "on the AA".  Either way, you're still arguing semantics.  What his status was at the time is irrelevant.  He left OBR to come hit attack DBDC.  Good for him.

He left OBR to hit DBDC, so you should be hitting him, not OBR.  And your "objection" to him joining their AA was only that you wanted to hit him. Which in my book, and most people around here's book too, is not a legit reason to not accept a member.  

He left OBR to hit DBDC, so you should be hitting him, not OBR.  And your "objection" to him joining their AA was only that you wanted to hit him. Which in my book, and most people around here's book too, is not a legit reason to not accept a member.  

Yes, now instead of you, enter Dulra, who gave me the exact same oath.

Rebel

I was unaware you were there when the request by RP was put in and I was unaware you managed to actually read the two week rule that I personally gave leave from if he stayed away from the war, I was unaware you were there when the threat to wipe out RP was made and I was unaware you were there when I had to put my word and pixels on the line for RP a person I respect. Feel free to tell us all about our rules that you have sneered at in the past it is quite educational.

Dame Hime Themis

Strange this topic isn't about me, its about you and the news you have not upheld your own Charter and Royal Roselution's, the fact you dragged your own foundations and ethics of the alliance through the mud in favour of a cig packet agreement between two people is disgraceful.

DBDC haven't done anything particularly wrong here. RP joined an alliance they are at war with and they attacked him. Normal practice we'd all do.

Hime and OBR on the other hand have absolutely demolished all the credibility they had spent years building and now are proving to be a bit of a laughing stock of hypocrisy.

I feel sad for the honorable members of OBR.

Save for the fact that once he joined OBR, he was no longer unaligned. Once he's on an AA, you've got nothing on him. Nada, zilch, zero, nothing.  If you didn't manage to hit him when he was unaligned, then you have to wait your turn for him to be unaligned again like every other raider on Bob.  That OBR would be so cowardly as to let you dictate to them what they could do to accept a new member, and what they would be OBLIGATED to you to do to him when he left, is staggering.

Trimm

Maybe you should ask The Rebel about our rules since he is the expert. RP would stay unalined until he had met and passed his application process often two weeks or more. In that time he would have been pounded. We asked what DBDC wanted as assurance so they would leave him alone because we thought he was worth it. That you think it is cowardly to put our word and pixels on the line for someone we liked is sad.

Dame Hime Themis

DBDC haven't done anything particularly wrong here. RP joined an alliance they are at war with and they attacked him. Normal practice we'd all do.

Hime and OBR on the other hand have absolutely demolished all the credibility they had spent years building and now are proving to be a bit of a laughing stock of hypocrisy.

DBDC haven't done anything wrong at all, they've got a war with an alliance they wanted and got themselves a lackey as well. I'd say they were having a bloody good day.

I agree that Hime has wrecked his credibility absolutely.

But DBDC had no real right to insist OBR attack RP when RP was a legit WTF member. Cuba is acting cowardly as usual and trying to drag others into his wars. He is a slimy creature who can not fight his own wars.

Edited by christian trojans

Dajobo

Since you seem incapable of not flinging insults. How exactly does keeping an oath destroy our reputation? I would suggest that people who live in glass house should be careful about flinging stones around.

Dame HIme Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

Hell must indeed frozen over!  All kidding aside, even the intervention by Dulra is a fulfillment of a promise and not an OBR vs WTF debate or declaration.  I think it's pretty shortsighted to try to make this into something it very clearly isn't.

Trimm

Maybe you should ask The Rebel about our rules since he is the expert. RP would stay unalined until he had met and passed his application process often two weeks or more. In that time he would have been pounded. We asked what DBDC wanted as assurance so they would leave him alone because we thought he was worth it. That you think it is cowardly to put our word and pixels on the line for someone we liked is sad.

Dame Hime Themis

If you wanted him badly enough, and knew he was a target, you could have actually done something courageous and let him on your AA before DBDC hit him and told DBDC that they could get in line. That would have taken courage.  As it is, you promised to attack a person who was a member in good standing if he left your AA.  That's something we frown upon, and that's pretty close to my textbook definition of cowardice.  

Dulra had no business giving you that oath, anymore than you had any grounds to demand it.

Trimm

I guess you really were there at the Knights Council when it was approved like The rebel was there. My that was a far more crowded conversation than I was aware of.

Dame Hime Themis

Trimm

I guess you really were there at the Knights Council when it was approved like The rebel was there. My that was a far more crowded conversation than I was aware of.

Dame Hime Themis

Your sarcasm is a touching as ever dear lady, but it does nothing to change my point. You gave an oath to attack someone who left your AA in good standing, and accepted him to your AA on that same condition.  That's all by your own admission, and it is also detestable.

Dajobo

Since you seem incapable of not flinging insults. How exactly does keeping an oath destroy our reputation? I would suggest that people who live in glass house should be careful about flinging stones around.

Dame HIme Themis

Hime

Making agreements that contradicts your own charter destroys your credibility, it's that simple.

Were your alliance aware of the agreement or was it just a private deal you came up with?

Read what I wrote and get the stick out of your arse. I didn't fling any insults but stated what I think you have done to your credibility. Tell me of this glass house we reside in. I'm unaware of any secret deals between Polaris and any other alliance.

If you wanted him badly enough, and knew he was a target, you could have actually done something courageous and let him on your AA before DBDC hit him and told DBDC that they could get in line. That would have taken courage.  As it is, you promised to attack a person who was a member in good standing if he left your AA.  That's something we frown upon, and that's pretty close to my textbook definition of cowardice.  

Triimm'

NO we had not even confirmed his application and flipping the bird to a group of nations who would have pounded anyway instead of reaching an honest agreement would have been stupid not courageous. How exactly would that have helped RP at the time? So we put up a big show, get into a war and his nation still gets pounded. Stick your ego. We prefer not to wave our e-penis instead work for a solution for a nation. YOUR kind of courageous gets the victim dead congrats.

Dame HIme Themis

Trimm

Dame Hime Themis

The spin you're putting on this is worse than the incident looks like on face value. You've rolled over to accept a member just because someone else wanted to attack them - for the heinous crime of being unaligned - which makes you look frankly pathetic. At least if you'd hit a member of another alliance because they left OBR you'd just look vindictive. There's nothing slightly brave or even independent about what you've done.  You didn't put your pixels on the line, you sold out your credibility to avoid putting your pixels on the line.

Dajobo

Dame HIme Themis

I mean, I think the criticism is that you made the agreement in the first place. Following through with it can also be frowned upon, but it's the fact that it was ever agreed to that I see people taking issue.

As far as this DBDC issue, I personally have had spats with alliances over accepting people, though in those cases it's because they caused harm to my alliance(s) or an ally. If there was past issue I can see it being more agreeable, though the reason of "because we want to" is understandable on how it could chafe people. It sets an uncomfortable precedent, and reminds me of issues people had with alliances such as GOONS in the past. Is it bad or wrong? I guess that's up to the style of the individual.

Hime

Making agreements that contradicts your own charter destroys your credibility, it's that simple.

Were your alliance aware of the agreement or was it just a private deal you came up with?

Read what I wrote and get the stick out of your arse. I didn't fling any insults but stated what I think you have done to your credibility. Tell me of this glass house we reside in. I'm unaware of any secret deals between Polaris and any other alliance.

Dajobo

Since it would appear you are having difficulty reading. The Knights Council approved it. It is not against our Charter but I am glad we now have YOU , Trimm and The Rebel as experts on our charter. It was not a "secret agreement" it was frankly none of your or anybody elses business. We do not publish our agreements to help micros with rogues or peace deals we negotiate. We unlike you feel no need to flag our egos with what we accomplish.

Dame HIme Themis

Triimm'

NO we had not even confirmed his application and flipping the bird to a group of nations who would have pounded anyway instead of reaching an honest agreement would have been stupid not courageous. How exactly would that have helped RP at the time? So we put up a big show, get into a war and his nation still gets pounded. Stick your ego. We prefer not to wave our e-penis instead work for a solution for a nation. YOUR kind of courageous gets the victim dead congrats.

Dame HIme Themis

You accepted a member on the condition that you would sell that member out if he left your AA.  Cowardice, plain and simple.  If DBDC was willing to risk war with OBR because you accepted someone before they could catch him, fine. That's a risk that's up to you to calculate.  But to claim that your actions in accepting RonPaul under these pretenses is courageous somehow is flat laughable, and has nothing to do with ego.

This is what i tried to explain to Hime in pm for over an hour.

Hime, do the right thing. Its not too late. Pull out and let cuba fight his own battle.

I mean, I think the criticism is that you made the agreement in the first place. Following through with it can also be frowned upon, but it's the fact that it was ever agreed to that I see people taking issue.

As far as this DBDC issue, I personally have had spats with alliances over accepting people, though in those cases it's because they caused harm to my alliance(s) or an ally. If there was past issue I can see it being more agreeable, though the reason of "because we want to" is understandable on how it could chafe people. It sets an uncomfortable precedent, and reminds me of issues people had with alliances such as GOONS in the past. Is it bad or wrong? I guess that's up to the style of the individual.

I'm ok with this assessment, even if it comes from Argent ;)

The irony is that the person with the most objection to RP's acceptance was province of troy.  It seems like the deal itself has been fulfilled exactly as worded, but it's still a deal and it was made with the assumption he wouldn't lie to Dulra and then come after us.  

To anyone observing, just flip the situation with your own alliance.  If someone applied to your AA, and you got PMs from other AA's saying they wanted a piece of him before they'll let him go, would you not at least respond to that?  If it was an alliance you didn't want to tangle with, would you not make a concession to at least stave off a direct conflict?

The deal really makes plenty of sense if you consider WHY it was done, but if you just take it like CT does and say "HEY LOOK OBR IS DECLARING WAR ON WTF" and don't take anything else of context with you, yeah it's easy to make a straw argument.

You accepted a member on the condition that you would sell that member out if he left your AA.  Cowardice, plain and simple.  If DBDC was willing to risk war with OBR because you accepted someone before they could catch him, fine. That's a risk that's up to you to calculate.  But to claim that your actions in accepting RonPaul under these pretenses is courageous somehow is flat laughable, and has nothing to do with ego.

Trimm

I am going to assume you are being deliberately obtuse. Upon leaving RP was aware what the consequences of attacking DBDC were. He understood and took the courageous choice but it was a CHOICE. Hardly selling anyone out.

Dame HIme Themis