You either deleted our embassy or removed my access from the forum where we were having this discussion. As Fark's squirrel (MoFA), you were dealing with me. I told you what would happen, you told me that you were going to aid DT anyways, and I told you we would respond. We then waited until you aided DT again, and responded.

Edit: as of this morning, the embassy mask situation has been remedied. For those playing along at home, I share with you the diplomacy of WFF. I think I was pretty clear, and I think WFF was pretty clear as well.:

http://i.imgur.com/gsEfFiK.png

http://i.imgur.com/ACL3Yvw.png

http://i.imgur.com/81Pl6FK.png

http://i.imgur.com/xw2nnBi.png

http://i.imgur.com/qXBgtaF.png

http://i.imgur.com/IAw3A96.png

I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of offended you posted this here, only because there is a reference to an alliance that has nothing to do with any of this and I made the embassy private for us... Why don't I just make it a public embassy?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Fark lost its class.

[OOC]Am I the only one who set Tywin's posts to go to ignore or are there more people out there who've done it?[/OOC]

[OCC] most just choose to not reply to him [/OCC] However will be interesting to see what route the other alliances that get approached take.

OOC: I like the fact that I get to choose whether or not I want to read what they say or not. It's like closing a duck's mouth with your hands and letting go on your terms. Lol

Anyway, yea I don't see people backing off on the aid. I mean really tho, Fark is barely mid-range so any aid to our God sphere or upper tier nations out of range should be discounted entirely.

It's always been a thing not sent aid to warring alliances. It's normally look at as an act of war. Fark has always been reasonable bunch I'm sure something can be worked out

They seemed to me to be a reasonable bunch until they got in bed with Polar on the Anti-Tech Bandwagon.

Sends tech to Doomsphere, complains about bullying.

Sounds like you're in over your heads, WFF. You probably shouldn't even have tech deal agreements if you have no clue what's going on in the world.

Seems to me a side that is claiming the right for freedom to do what they want to do when they want to do it seems to be switching to oppressing others to have that right. Gonna be interesting post war to see if this continues and the effects it will bring in the world.

Sends tech to Doomsphere, complains about bullying.

Sounds like you're in over your heads, WFF. You probably shouldn't even have tech deal agreements if you have no clue what's going on in the world.

I like how many people on your side have made mention that we don't know about the "world"... Our baptism of fire was karma, we are re-rolls not noobs. We never really cared for the choosing of sides garbage, because it usually doesnt benefit an alliance to follow others instead of making a stand on personal morals and ethics. In this case, we defend our right to deal with DT. Whatever DBDC means to you does not mean the same to us, we don't know them and they had no influence in our decisions or economics. You seem to make them out to be some sort of almighty controlling alliance. Does that tin foil hat mess up your hair?

Edited by Nord Belka

Oh how I wish that the ONE fark guy in my range wasn't a peace mode lover....

Heh, something tells me that this is going to be your standard answer whenever your tech sellers get rolled, not very helpful for them though.

Seems to me a side that is claiming the right for freedom to do what they want to do when they want to do it seems to be switching to oppressing others to have that right. Gonna be interesting post war to see if this continues and the effects it will bring in the world.

I don't think anyone on our side has ever called for our right to be free to "do what we want to do." Nobody here champions Casus Belli -less wars, upper tier raids on sovereign alliances, or the other excesses perpetrated by Doomsphere. Perhaps you should ask Cortath or Vladimir for a refresher course on topics like absolute freedom vs civilization.

I have a fan! :D Lets be BFFs!!

On topic, documented tech deals aren't to be considered war aid. End of story.

Since you need a historical lecture of how tech dealing works on this planet...

During peacetime:

Tech deal to your heart's content!  Nobody cares, nobody will bother you about it.

During times when war is about to erupt (or has just kicked off and you weren't aware war was coming) and it appears that you or your buyer/seller is about to become involved in this war:

Make a note of how much cash/tech you have still yet to send/recieve and contact your seller/buyer informing them of war coming.  Suspend the tech deal for now, and then complete or continue it after the war.  Main issue is pausing the deal ASAP for the duration of the war.  Nobody cares, nobody will bother you about it.

During wartime:

Do not continue tech dealing with those involved in the war, because shipments of cash or tech to someone at war is, and will be, considered an act of war.  Documented tech deal or not, you are still aiding someone at war.  You or your alliance may get contacted about the tech aid sent, you may also get a friendly PM asking you to please stop.  That should clue you in that you should stop until the war's over with.  It's the polite thing to do.

Also, keep in mind that you are foolishly squandering tech or cash.  In the modern era of the glorious EMP wonder, you are literally throwing that tech/cash away.  Expect that package of tech or cash to be blown to smithereens later that evening and even then you still made someone else's job that much harder by giving aid and comfort to the enemy of the alliance your buyer/seller is at war with.  You may not personally view it that way, but if you are trying to approach this from the businessman angle, you could certainly understand that there are extreme risks when you are tech dealing during wartime.

Once peace returns, assuming there are no terms imposed on the alliance you are dealing with, resume your tech deals as normal.  If you kept track of where you were, it should be a simple matter of contacting the buyer/seller and picking up where you left off.  Once the war is over, and assuming terms of peace have been met, nobody cares and nobody will bother you for picking up where you left off.

This has been the same standard operating procedure for years.  Why this comes as an apparent shock to you escapes me.

Since you need a historical lecture of how tech dealing works on this planet...

During peacetime:

Tech deal to your heart's content!  Nobody cares, nobody will bother you about it.

During times when war is about to erupt (or has just kicked off and you weren't aware war was coming) and it appears that you or your buyer/seller is about to become involved in this war:

Make a note of how much cash/tech you have still yet to send/recieve and contact your seller/buyer informing them of war coming.  Suspend the tech deal for now, and then complete or continue it after the war.  Main issue is pausing the deal ASAP for the duration of the war.  Nobody cares, nobody will bother you about it.

During wartime:

Do not continue tech dealing with those involved in the war, because shipments of cash or tech to someone at war is, and will be, considered an act of war.  Documented tech deal or not, you are still aiding someone at war.  You or your alliance may get contacted about the tech aid sent, you may also get a friendly PM asking you to please stop.  That should clue you in that you should stop until the war's over with.  It's the polite thing to do.

Also, keep in mind that you are foolishly squandering tech or cash.  In the modern era of the glorious EMP wonder, you are literally throwing that tech/cash away.  Expect that package of tech or cash to be blown to smithereens later that evening and even then you still made someone else's job that much harder by giving aid and comfort to the enemy of the alliance your buyer/seller is at war with.  You may not personally view it that way, but if you are trying to approach this from the businessman angle, you could certainly understand that there are extreme risks when you are tech dealing during wartime.

Once peace returns, assuming there are no terms imposed on the alliance you are dealing with, resume your tech deals as normal.  If you kept track of where you were, it should be a simple matter of contacting the buyer/seller and picking up where you left off.  Once the war is over, and assuming terms of peace have been met, nobody cares and nobody will bother you for picking up where you left off.

This has been the same standard operating procedure for years.  Why this comes as an apparent shock to you escapes me.

Each AA has their right to what their standard is. Some do it your way others do it their way.  That is not even a point to be argued as the Sovereignty of oneself is there choice. I think the major issue here is that one AA has moved on a small AA that regardless of the amount does not really make that much of a difference. It has been stated some have been contacted some have not answered .. but the world is viewing this as a attack on a smaller one whom can not even defend themselves given their size.  Which is actually for your front to decide the outcome but the main concern is post war of what happens. Because of some tech dealing such as already stated but someone that even after the war anyone that sells tech to DBDC will be put on some list and targeted at some future date? Does that mean if say a larger AA such as NPO makes a deal with DBDC that our nations will be attacked? and so forth. There is more a precedent here than what the past WAS.  It is more what the future entails.

I'm not sure why people are crying when this micro was warned before a measured response was executed by FARK. I don't remember DBDC or Doomsquad warning people before their purely aggressive and no-CB attacks. Anybody who criticizes FARK, a vastly outnumbered force on the battlefield, for striking at Enemy tech production, while ignoring the imperialist aggression of Doomsphere, is a schill, a sycophant, and a hypocrite.

Each AA has their right to what their standard is. Some do it your way others do it their way.  That is not even a point to be argued as the Sovereignty of oneself is there choice. I think the major issue here is that one AA has moved on a small AA that regardless of the amount does not really make that much of a difference. It has been stated some have been contacted some have not answered .. but the world is viewing this as a attack on a smaller one whom can not even defend themselves given their size.  Which is actually for your front to decide the outcome but the main concern is post war of what happens. Because of some tech dealing such as already stated but someone that even after the war anyone that sells tech to DBDC will be put on some list and targeted at some future date? Does that mean if say a larger AA such as NPO makes a deal with DBDC that our nations will be attacked? and so forth. There is more a precedent here than what the past WAS.  It is more what the future entails.

I'll break it down for those concerned that Fark is starting some "vendetta campaign" for the future.

I have no problem with WFF personally and generally have no problem with most of the other AA's who have been contacted and asked to suspend tech deals/aid packages being sent to those alliances that Farkistan is currently at war with.  If WFF was to come and say that they'll put their deals with the alliances that are at war with Fark on hold until after the war is over, I am more than happy to resolve this reasonably.

That's my concern.  They (and others) are sending aid and comfort to my current enemies in this war and think they can do so freely without our caring about it.  This practice must stop, and regardless of the sizes of the alliances involved, they are committing an act of war against my alliance.

It is completely reasonable for me to look at it as such.  Wouldn't matter if it was someone the size of NPO or a two-man AA, it's still a naughty thing to do.  ;)

I am not planning some sinister, Ernst Blofield post-war vendetta against those who are guilty of this act against my alliance.  My concern here covers the duration of this war.  After that, I could care less who they tech deal with or aid.

Edited by 905tf

I think everyone on the OWF is well aware that WFF is a protectorate of Sengoku and Reavers. So let's drop the "poor widdle AA that can't defend itself" routine. They have two fairly well connected protectors and I'm sure that fact was considered when they decided to continue sending tech to DT.

As for this precedent you think we set. What precedent, specifically, do you think we set?

That aiding an enemy is an act of war? Sorry, not a precedent we set.

Attacking a smaller AA during an ongoing war because they did something you didn't like?
Sorry, this has happened many times. Generally that's because larger AAs are either neutral or already involved in the hostilities, so they're already engaged at some level or another.
It happened to NPL a couple wars ago, except there wasn't a catalyst beyond "because we can" for that one.
And did not pretty much all members of AZTEC just start attacking GO a few weeks ago for a single nation sending aid to a nation that one of them was at war with? (I believe the aid was even sent BEFORE that war was declared) That was at least one of their excuses. So not a precedent we set, either.
It happened to FAN and Avalanche as well this war. Not that they're small AAs, but at the tiers they were attacked at is similar to us attacking WFF.

Most of these precedents were set by NPO&Co a long, long time ago or by Umbrella&Co in the time since Karma. Both of which are squarely on your side of this particular conflict.

What I've learned from this thread:

- A private embassy with FARK doesn't really mean it will stay private.

- If you are tech dealing with any alliance currently on the opposite side of the war as FARK, they have declared war on you and you should recognize hostilities and coordinate your efforts with the other 35 alliances.