Cyber Nations Role Play: Beyond Earth

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what I don't get is why we need to get rid of the current map. Just use it as a base on which new continents get added. It allows for those who do want their nations based off real-life areas perfectly to have that while also allowing for everyone else to create whatever they want. We can expand in all corners on the existing map.

Edit: Also I know a lot of it's trolling but can we keep this discussion contained to the map and not mention things like voting in people or making continents exclusive for an ns range? 

Edited by Centurius

See what I don't get is why we need to get rid of the current map. Just use it as a base on which new continents get added. It allows for those who do want their nations based off real-life areas perfectly to have that while also allowing for everyone else to create whatever they want. We can expand in all corners on the existing map.

Edit: Also I know a lot of it's trolling but can we keep this discussion contained to the map and not mention things like voting in people or making continents exclusive for an ns range? 

I think someone said I can create a continent and hand out pieces of territory to any nations under 50k/non nuclear who request it.

I'm down if we can get that <50k non nuclear westeros continent up

I don't think we're making it a rule that people over a certain NS can't spawn where they want. If you want to group together with some blow 50k people and create a continent then fine, but I can't promise someone with 50,001NS won't want to roll in beside you.

I'm down if we can get that <50k non nuclear westeros continent up

CNRP has policies against dictating who can be where.  You are more than free to make your own landmass, but we cannot ban anyone from being in one place.

If we do keep the map but add on to it, there are a few assurances that we'll need to make.
1. RL history is gone. No more China attacking Britain because of the opium wars. No more former colonies being attached to their former colonizers. Bad things happen with that.

2. Nobody gets a monopoly on a culture. Just because you RP in geographical Germany doesn't entitle you to the German culture any more than someone on a new continent, and you cannot pursue actions against them based on the idea that they are stealing or simply an offshoot of your culture or people.

3. Anyone who wants to start a new continent gets a free cut and paste to the new location. They don't need to reroll. They can keep their characters, companies, military, the whole nine yards.

CNRP has policies against dictating who can be where.  You are more than free to make your own landmass, but we cannot ban anyone from being in one place.

If we do keep the map but add on to it, there are a few assurances that we'll need to make.
1. RL history is gone. No more China attacking Britain because of the opium wars. No more former colonies being attached to their former colonizers. Bad things happen with that.

2. Nobody gets a monopoly on a culture. Just because you RP in geographical Germany doesn't entitle you to the German culture any more than someone on a new continent, and you cannot pursue actions against them based on the idea that they are stealing or simply an offshoot of your culture or people.

3. Anyone who wants to start a new continent gets a free cut and paste to the new location. They don't need to reroll. They can keep their characters, companies, military, the whole nine yards.

Sounds fair. Let me work on a quick example of how we could play with the current map.

Edited by Centurius

Tywin I don't think you understand and I don't know how to explain it to you, but you can't tell people they aren't allowed to spawn next to you because of their NS. The idea is that you would create your country and other people could spawn next to you. Not you create a continent then hand out parcels of land to people based on their NS.

Tywin I don't think you understand and I don't know how to explain it to you, but you can't tell people they aren't allowed to spawn next to you because of their NS. The idea is that you would create your country and other people could spawn next to you. Not you create a continent then hand out parcels of land to people based on their NS.

If you want, you can create your own RP where you can do that.

That's basically what I want to do, I'm creating Westeros and handing out territory to people I think are suitable. Alot of them were small nations who were sort of allies in CNRP2 before I got retconned for winning. Hopefully they will come over.

If other *interesting smaller folk want to join they can do so too.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

That's basically what I want to do, I'm creating Westeros and handing out territory to people I think are suitable. Alot of them were small nations who were sort of allies in CNRP2 before I got retconned for winning. Hopefully they will come over.

If other *interesting smaller folk want to join they can do so too.

I can't tell if you're trolling right now or not, but THAT'S WHAT YOU CAN'T DO! Please try to understand that in CNRP we are trying to compromise by giving up all our land and history so that people can have a truly collaborative rp that ignores past conflicts and rivalries in hopes that people above 50k ns don't have to feel like second class citizens. What you're doing negates all that.

So not at all trying to make it look even remotely pretty but just as an illustration how current map+custom stuff could work

http://i.imgur.com/DEAV7hg.png

Of course in the actual case if we go through with this people would be responsible for designing their own land masses and it just becomes a copy and paste thing and probably will look better.

Technically speaking you can make the continent a protectorate and deny people land on that basis but if BE replaces the general continuity there is nothing preventing a 200k ns nation from making a continent right next to it.

As I am the person who proposed the idea and Melech expanded on it I believe we agree that the objective IS NOT that one person would create an entire continent. Rather continents would be randomly formed as more and more countries are spawned.

Tywin you could request your own reasonably sized island 500 miles away from anyone else if you wanted, but you can't create a continent then tell people they cant spawn there. Can you see how that isn't fair?

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

So not at all trying to make it look even remotely pretty but just as an illustration how current map+custom stuff could work

Should we declare the Atlantic off limits to any major new developments?

I have a nation in CNRP2 but not CNRPrime.

I'll join Beyond Earth if it's ok to use my CNRP2 nation.

I see no reason why not. You may not be able to use its geographic location, but you can move everything else over. Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail