Welcome to the Naughty Corner STA

duelking

Then "" go on just, otherwise you are implying something different.

Unless the quotes were being used to quote the phrase rather than as scare quotes?

Edit: To be clear, if they were scare quotes, your placement is better. Edited by Delta1212

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I have no interest in speed limits. If a cop pulls me over, I'll be sure to let him know that he's an idiot for trying to tell me that the effects and consequences of my actions are the same regardless of whether I care about speed limits.

Please, link me to the law that regulates the warfare in cyberverse, since you are making an analogy related to speed limits I guess that there is also a law saying that if you do not follow the coalition warfare procedures in cyberverse you're wrong and will get a fine for breaking said law.

Please, link me to the law that regulates the warfare in cyberverse, since you are making an analogy related to speed limits I guess that there is also a law saying that if you do not follow the coalition warfare procedures in cyberverse you're wrong and will get a fine for breaking said law.

Ok, fine.

In the middle of a war, my group is in the middle of a shoot out with people from another army. A guy without a uniform pops up over on the side and starts shooting at us. We send a small team to go flank his position. When we get there, he says "Why did you go to all this trouble just to get me? I'm not even with those other guys, one of them is just a friend I'm trying to help out!" Oops, our mistake?

Look, I understand STA's position. I respect you guys. But if two sides are at war, and you hit one of them, whether you did it because you were helping out a friend or because a coalition asked you to doesn't change the effect on the other side. The nukes still do the same amount of damage. You can't expect to be given special treatment because you aren't in a coalition channel.

Hell RIA wasn't in the Polar coalition channel. I don't even know if we are now. Our ally came to us, said they had a plan that would help them out and asked if we would participate. We said yes because we like helping out our friends. I don't expect to get any special treatment for that because whether we're "in the coalition" or not, our attacks do the same amount of damage as will those of the people who chained in through us.

I don't expect to get hit by a large counter in this particular war, but I have in the past and I won't complain if it does happen this time. I don't like getting swamped, but it happens. It's the nature of CN warfare, and anyone who isn't prepared to deal with that probably shouldn't declare war. Edited by Delta1212

Does what channels STA is or is not in really matter? I don't really understand what the difference between being in a coalition and not being in a coalition is when you're still on the same side.

If it's a source of pride for STA to not be communicating and coordinating with the rest of that side, let 'em have it. Do not understand why they might feel they're entitled to being treated with kid gloves on account of it - I really cannot remember any wars where it's worked that way without a large force guaranteeing it does.

Why the "".

STA is literally just defending an ally with no ulterior motives unlike majority of the attacking coalition and their creative treaty chaining.

That may be their only motive, but it is not the only result of their actions. One of those results is that the are considered to be a part of the side that TPF is on and will be treated as such by the opposing coalition.

Because when you just "defend an ally" you're still joining the larger coalition conflict and you should expect to be rammed as hard as the other side can muster and cry about "i don't care about coalition warfare" because we used some extra chains to bring in more pain.

nvm

Edited by ditchboy00

Ok, fine.

In the middle of a war, my group is in the middle of a shoot out with people from another army. A guy without a uniform pops up over on the side and starts shooting at us. We send a small team to go flank his position. When we get there, he says "Why did you go to all this trouble just to get me? I'm not even with those other guys, one of them is just a friend I'm trying to help out!" Oops, our mistake?

Look, I understand STA's position. I respect you guys. But if two sides are at war, and you hit one of them, whether you did it because you were helping out a friend or because a coalition asked you to doesn't change the effect on the other side. The nukes still do the same amount of damage. You can't expect to be given special treatment because you aren't in a coalition channel.

_snip_

Heh, i think all of this is not new or news to the STA. Its not like they are a spring chicken. Granted, some of their member posts might seem like it was a surprise and a big one at that, that Side A would pull out the stops to remove/overwhelm anything that led support and strength to side B, but then, i am pretty sure their more seasoned members know it is par for the course.