Welcome to the Naughty Corner STA

duelking

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear STA

Thank you for the years of service and friendship to our alliance.  I consider it regrettable that we now find ourselves on opposing sides of a war but even the most passionate among us must consider the inevitability of conflicts arising when you and your allies place yourselves in such a position by virtue of obligations or otherwise.

It was a sad day for Polaris when you chose to end our relationship, but it was your choice to make, one earned in the hardest way possible over many years.  I rejoiced for you however when you cancelled the treaty, now you were finally free of the burdens you were forced to carry on our behalf, and you could choose to make your own way, choose your own path and engage in your own destiny without interference from Polaris and the constant drain that interference created on your resolve and resources.

Do we owe you something, I believe so, but this is not the time or the place to do so.  We commenced this war on NSO and her inevitable defenders requiring much support from current allies and even more support from their respective allies.  In this war we have a direct, measurable and indisputable obligation to our coalition.  Whilst it would be lovely to ride on your behalf, it is simply not possible.  I know from first hand experience the complications that arise when you make clever moves that compromise people who have agreed to help you.

The nature of warfare has significantly changed over the last few years, we are now approaching a point where it will actually make sense.  In war there are two sides, you are on one or the other or you are a bystander.  IF you are on side B you can not really expect side A to allow you any comfort or mercy and really you expect none at all.  Our prosecution of this conflict was largely enabled by someone being too clever by half in the last conflict, surely everyone including blind freddy can see the progression.

So STA, whilst I personally wish no harm to you, and I am sure 99.9% of our alliance would think in a similar manner, we are a small part in a larger coalition, whilst we can take some responsibility for things that transpire during this war, we do not pretend or even consider it desirable to attempt to control the efforts of the entire coalition even to assist you.  Any attempts to assist you hurt someone else, someone actually on our side, and as such will ultimately be detrimental to everyone concerned.

If you want to sign a treaty with us, and I do not suggest you do, as previously stated I believe you to be much better off without us, then do so.  If you do not want to be attacked, set your options to "I do not want to be attacked'', as e-lawyering regarding the concept of oA and so forth seem to have little effect on the declaration of war these days, especially post-event.

If you take exception to IRON's actions, I am pleased for you to do so, they are attacking you but not at our command or direction.  If you see my tanks in your backyard, then you will have every right to be aggrieved at Polaris, but that is not happening.

Good luck to the membership of STA.  You are free to burn to the ground for someone else this time and I am happy that is not Polaris.

tl;dr - the opening declaration of war citing Polaris grievance against the Sith was lies, this isn't Polar's war.

tl;dr - the opening declaration of war citing Polaris grievance against the Sith was lies, this isn't Polar's war.

Don't blow the can of worms open just yet mate! Elseways we'll all just lose our minds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AXgaFqEas

Such a great alliance! 

o/ RON i mean IRON!

Ah, you remembered this time :).

No, you guys forgot the I.

I think you're missing the point. I kept saying "you guys forgot the I" to point out that we are independent. Everyone whining and complaining that we didn't go in for NG seems to have forgotten that.

i dont understand why everyone is piling on STA... seriously i dont get it.

You and me both, brother.

For the Polars and the Tigers taking a dump on each other in this thread. Take a step back and breathe deep.

You guys know there is more to your relationship than a global war, paper or not.

This is a great post that I would +1 if I could.

o/ friends working things out

It's what we did with AI. :)

As someone who has long had a lot of respect and really liked IRON, this is disheartening. I understand why you did this, but whoever told you to do this led you down a bad path.

STA: give 'em hell. You certainly didn't deserve this.

You, among a few other notable TOP/NPO alliance-movers, have more of a reason than anyone to feel this way.

I believe that in BR level they owe you some respect, as Pacifica's BR owes, for example, to TPF and Invicta, no matter the path they selected (Invicta), or will follow (TPF). I have a feeling that this is indeed the case for the majority of Polar, but this is not what I read here, hence my comment. Apart from that, in alliance politics level, this is war so everything goes ;)

NPO is cancelling on TPF, or vice versa? Say it ain't so! Get some kind of future NPO/FARK accord together if you have to, I guess?

I'm sorry, did everyone in TPF/STA just plain forget last war? You know, the one where NPO was berated after the war was over for putting the shielding from damage of their allies on "the other side" above the goals/desires of their own coalition - namely, bailing NG out of taking a beating? The coalition comes first. You do your best to avoid distasteful situations but when direct allies are on the other side of a war, that's often very hard to do. It's only business, nothing personal.

As previously mentioned, TPF in particular (and STA if they followed) had the opportunity to fight with us and our coalition in this war. We were obviously pushing for this to happen as quickly as possible as things unfolded. You decided to go another way, which is fine, but don't act like you didn't have a choice in the matter.

To whoever was complaining about the egregiousness of a 3x oA and/or 4x oA treaty to hit STA earlier in this thread - I believe the one against us was either 5 or 6 long by the end of the Grudge war.

What's funny about this is that in the past 18 months (i.e. Dave War and after), NPO has actually done more for Umbrella than Argent has.

What's hilarious about all the Polar's posting "herpa derp gotta go all out in coalition warfare, no consideration for the other side, gotta make sure everyone on our side is protected" etc etc, is that they're completely ignoring the Sparta front out of fear of drawing R&R in. 

Don't forget the lack of counters on us! Legion is just having a gay old time, I'm sure.

Either your reading comprehension has plummeted below that of a dull 8 year old or your are being deliberately stupid.  I suspect the first but will accept the second as a reasonable explanation.

There is no lie regarding the Sith, you are exactly what we claim you are, although that capability we assumed you possessed may have been over rated given the current state of affairs.  It seems to me that so many of your side want it to be about someone else other than the Sith, misunderstanding the contempt we feel for you and you alone, and dreaming a wider conspiracy where none need exist.   If Polaris or indeed anyone else wanted a piece of NG or NPO or anyone else lined up in your defense, collectively we had the power and ability to do so directly.  It seems therefore that the motivation was a lot more simple, we didn't hate the NPO or even consider Non Grata given their diplomatic overtones towards us, prosecuting war with the Sith was THE motivation.  For me, a direct primary attack on Pacifica would have been THE war for all times and if that was the intention we would not have passed up the opportunity for any reason.  It was however not the intention, the intention was to ram you head back in sufficiently that we could live with you without having the constant threat you posed.  Accept or not, it is the truth.

Given that you are one of the more contemptible and disagreeable alliances on Bob there was no shortage of people happy to assist.

Either your reading comprehension has plummeted below that of a dull 8 year old or your are being deliberately stupid.  I suspect the first but will accept the second as a reasonable explanation.

There is no lie regarding the Sith, you are exactly what we claim you are, although that capability we assumed you possessed may have been over rated given the current state of affairs.  It seems to me that so many of your side want it to be about someone else other than the Sith, misunderstanding the contempt we feel for you and you alone, and dreaming a wider conspiracy where none need exist.   If Polaris or indeed anyone else wanted a piece of NG or NPO or anyone else lined up in your defense, collectively we had the power and ability to do so directly.  It seems therefore that the motivation was a lot more simple, we didn't hate the NPO or even consider Non Grata given their diplomatic overtones towards us, prosecuting war with the Sith was THE motivation.  For me, a direct primary attack on Pacifica would have been THE war for all times and if that was the intention we would not have passed up the opportunity for any reason.  It was however not the intention, the intention was to ram you head back in sufficiently that we could live with you without having the constant threat you posed.  Accept or not, it is the truth.

Given that you are one of the more contemptible and disagreeable alliances on Bob there was no shortage of people happy to assist.

Other than the fact that most of that isn't true (except the last part, that's accurate), definitely, whatever you say.

Certainly looks like they're assisting you quite well at "ramming our head back in sufficiently" .. My neck is quite kinked from fighting back the pressure we're feeling in the core of this war centered on little ol' us. All your relationships are taking more of a hit than we are. We just have to sit back and watch all the true colours flow.

I think everyone is already past the tired rhetoric of your "contempt for us and us alone." And I'm pretty sure everyone knows well enough how full of shit your attempt to isolate NSO from NG from NPO is. Keep peddling those wares though. At least those on your side of the war are buying them.

We have stayed the same. The world around us has changed, but we have stayed the same. We're happy with the way we are, but it causes us to see things differently. It's not NpO's fault. It's ours for expecting others to feel the way we do. It's that simple.

Certainly looks like they're assisting you quite well at "ramming our head back in sufficiently" .. My neck is quite kinked from fighting back the pressure we're feeling in the core of this war centered on little ol' us. All your relationships are taking more of a hit than we are. We just have to sit back and watch all the true colours flow.

I think everyone is already past the tired rhetoric of your "contempt for us and us alone." And I'm pretty sure everyone knows well enough how full of shit your attempt to isolate NSO from NG from NPO is. Keep peddling those wares though. At least those on your side of the war are buying them.

As long as the people on our side of the war, the ones who would have this ulterior motive and must therefore be complicit in the massive conspiracy still believe my lies? You are denser than I thought possible.

NG have been sprouting off to all and sundry that this is all about them because deep down they want it to be about them, but sprouting off doesn't change the facts.  You seem to understand our intentions better than we do, you have some deeper insight into our own ''conspiracy'' than we do.  The reality is somewhat different, the Sith are merely an anagram of their nature, and it is hardly surprising that people dislike you.  If you could comprehend that Polaris does not have an axe to grind with anyone but you right now, which you will not be able to because you are obsessed with your own delusions of grandeur (or the contrary because you don't rate yourselves worthy of being the target), then perhaps you could release the switch that turns on the lightbulb.  Dajobo is a pretty straight up and down kind of guy, he says what he means.  If I was still Emperor, then you might have a case, but you don't.

So to tl:dr for you because your comprehension skills are so seriously lacking:  Sith Bad - Polaris Kill : Sith Allies - Polaris fight yes, hate no.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

You and me both, brother.

What's funny about this is that in the past 18 months (i.e. Dave War and after), NPO has actually done more for Umbrella than Argent has.

And what praytell does that remark have to do with anything here?

As long as the people on our side of the war, the ones who would have this ulterior motive and must therefore be complicit in the massive conspiracy still believe my lies? You are denser than I thought possible.

NG have been sprouting off to all and sundry that this is all about them because deep down they want it to be about them, but sprouting off doesn't change the facts.  You seem to understand our intentions better than we do, you have some deeper insight into our own ''conspiracy'' than we do.  The reality is somewhat different, the Sith are merely an anagram of their nature, and it is hardly surprising that people dislike you.  If you could comprehend that Polaris does not have an axe to grind with anyone but you right now, which you will not be able to because you are obsessed with your own delusions of grandeur (or the contrary because you don't rate yourselves worthy of being the target), then perhaps you could release the switch that turns on the lightbulb.  Dajobo is a pretty straight up and down kind of guy, he says what he means.  If I was still Emperor, then you might have a case, but you don't.

So to tl:dr for you because your comprehension skills are so seriously lacking:  Sith Bad - Polaris Kill : Sith Allies - Polaris fight yes, hate no.

I think I can dig up a few people that can contest that comment there Grub.  And you know it.

=
However, lolololololol or not, at least 4 AAs hitting them does seem to be what's happening no?

Congratulations on either not reading or completely missing the point of the post. Perhaps both.

That's your spin, eh?  :lol1:

Are you just going to keep posting sporadic, random posts with little to no content until you get a reply? Because if so, you can stop now.

I are no not what you meen. Pleese halp me better to no.  :rolleyes:

You keep saying it's about us. But you keep doing everything that doesn't affect us. I admit I don't know how Dajobo works, but I am very confused by this - especially if he's such a straight shooter as you insist. When is Polaris going to actually grind that axe with us?

It really isn't a conspiracy, it's a move from the playbook that's as old as CN itself: hit the less connected ally because you can't go right for the better connected one. In this case, go for NSO because you can't hit NG or NPO. We've got no doubt you wanted us too, but we're not the real threat here. If we were, VE would have been disbanded three times over years ago. No one needs to be "complicit" in this conspiracy as you imply, they'll follow their chains and fight for the side they'll fight for because people have been planning for this war forever now. It wasn't a surprise, they were ready to go.