ODN Update

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do expand on why its an embarrassment to be allied to ODN. I mean I know we're no Tetris but come on are we really that bad? Im interested to read your idiotic fantasies.

Yes, you really are that bad.

As for the rest, I'm not sure why you'd encourage me to shit up your own alliance's thread by insisting that I post a list of reasons as to why ODN is an embarrassment.

As for the rest, I'm not sure why you'd encourage me to shit up your own alliance's thread by insisting that I post a list of reasons as to why ODN is an embarrassment.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is an excellent demonstration of a pot calling a kettle black.

Except the kettle is actually orange.

Please, go ahead.

Please, go ahead.

Well, I hadn't really intended on anybody actually bothering to engage me in a debate when I posted...

but okay.png

Where would you like to begin?

Also, and equally as important, what do you consider the "statute of limitations" to be on things you should still be embarrassed by?

I mean, we could stick with relatively recent things. For example, that this thread exists alone is, to me, worth mocking ODN for.

We could also go back in time (and a bit more personal to my own reasoning) and discuss OsRavan's behavior during the LSF fiasco; particularly in regards to their MDAP blocmates in INT. Oh, I could write an essay about that topic alone. You really don't want to get me started...

Speaking of which, we could send OsRavan a PM and ask him what flavor Brehon's nuts are. I bet that would make for an interesting thread; particularly if he took it seriously, like reparation beer reviews. And speaking of nuts in OsRavan's mouth, ODN's foreign policy. Nuff said.

However, if you don't mind going way back to speak of other times when ODN had any semblance of foreign policy that wasn't saying "yes" to someone and doing a curtsy, we could even talk about the optional defense network - and, to keep things from becoming stale - compare ODN's handling of that changing of masters to what's going on this time and how they seem to be taking significantly less flak over it.

Apart from all of that, however, ODN is a stand up alliance in a bloc that would never think of attacking their own allies, which always rolls together and which is clearly independent - holding all inside treaties over outside ties.

Edited by Hereno

Well, I hadn't really intended on anybody actually bothering to engage me in a debate when I posted...

but okay.png

Also, and equally as important, what do you consider the "statute of limitations" to be on things you should still be embarrassed by?

I mean, we could stick with relatively recent things. For example, that this thread exists alone is, to me, worth mocking ODN for.

We could also go back in time (and a bit more personal to my own reasoning) and discuss OsRavan's behavior during the LSF fiasco; particularly in regards to their MDAP blocmates in INT. Oh, I could write an essay about that topic alone. You really don't want to get me started...

Speaking of which, we could send OsRavan a PM and ask him what flavor Brehon's nuts are. I bet that would make for an interesting thread; particularly if he took it seriously, like reparation beer reviews. And speaking of nuts in OsRavan's mouth, ODN's foreign policy. Nuff said.

However, if you don't mind going way back to speak of other times when ODN had any semblance of foreign policy that wasn't saying "yes" to someone and doing a curtsy, we could even talk about the optional defense network - and, to keep things from becoming stale - compare ODN's handling of that changing of masters to what's going on this time and how they seem to be taking significantly less flak over it.

Apart from all of that, however, ODN is a stand up alliance in a bloc that would never think of attacking their own allies, which always rolls together and which is clearly independent - holding all inside treaties over outside ties.

You're certainly one of the better people in the owf, and I respect your opinion. I don't believe many of those things can fall square upon ODN's shoulders; Do you? Maybe it is a bias I have, but I don't believe many of those things reflect on the people of ODN. They chose a path and saw it to the end. I don't believe the RnR and LSF situations, which I believe you hint at, can be blamed on ODN either. Since you're not looking for a debate though, I'll say as a subjective opinion you are validated and just post out of boredom. :P

but okay.png

You're trying rather hard if you are going on something which was Pre-Obama. As regards LSF, they chose C&G. ODN chose C&G with Sparta. We all make sacrifices. It is a shame that some people tend to get rather bitter over it.

It is also an indictment that you do not know us very well that you believe Osravan has total power over our FA. He does not, and has not ever had that.

In addition, we have parted ways with umbrella as we didn't see eye to eye at a government level any more. Tha does not mean we are going "uh oh, better drop DH before we get rolled again" if we were to do that we would have to drop MK as well, and I can tell you that is not happening.

Hey, you can't give that hate to ODN.  That's [i]our[/i] hate.  We need it.

You're certainly one of the better people in the owf, and I respect your opinion. I don't believe many of those things can fall square upon ODN's shoulders; Do you? Maybe it is a bias I have, but I don't believe many of those things reflect on the people of ODN. They chose a path and saw it to the end. I don't believe the RnR and LSF situations, which I believe you hint at, can be blamed on ODN either. Since you're not looking for a debate though, I'll say as a subjective opinion you are validated and just post out of boredom. :P

It isn't that I place all of the blame on ODN's shoulders, it is that I find their behavior during those situations to be worthy of ridicule. I am not a conspiracy theorist like OsRavan; it isn't as though I think ODN somehow manipulated LSF into disliking Nordreich or some nonsense. But the way that the situation was handled was atrocious, and if I were the collective congress of INT I would have probably left CNG if ODN couldn't be kicked out. Not that I particularly like (you know, being in LSF and all at the time) that TLR's mouthpieces (hi rush) wouldn't shut the hell up on the OWF, or that GATO was highly ambivalent about the whole thing, but they didn't stab their bloc-mates in the back and actively sabotage and deceive them (to my knowledge, anyway; I am not... omniscient :P ).

You're trying rather hard if you are going on something which was Pre-Obama. As regards LSF, they chose C&G. ODN chose C&G with Sparta. We all make sacrifices. It is a shame that some people tend to get rather bitter over it.

It is also an indictment that you do not know us very well that you believe Osravan has total power over our FA. He does not, and has not ever had that.

In addition, we have parted ways with umbrella as we didn't see eye to eye at a government level any more. Tha does not mean we are going "uh oh, better drop DH before we get rolled again" if we were to do that we would have to drop MK as well, and I can tell you that is not happening.

The things I'm talking about in regards to OsRavan are specific incidents and things that I know he personally participated in. While I try not to be one of those guys who judges an entire alliance over the actions of one guy, I get the impression that he is not often given serious challenge for his #1 spot in government.

As for my backtracking, it was done to make a semi-unrelated point.

Hey, you can't give that hate to ODN.  That's our hate.  We need it.

Really I feel bad for INT more than anything else. The stuff I said when we had that chat in the SL embassy was completely genuine.

That said, I still think you guys are dicks and/or morons for tying yourselves to IRON after what they did. So... grr, hate, diaf, etc.

ODN is, always has been, and always will be one of my favorite and most respected alliances in CN. I very much enjoy seeing them make political moves like this, being that it aligns with my CN political views. :P

o/ ODN

what the heck? ODN cancelled on Umbrella? I must be really out of touch having not been on IRC in months but I really didn't expect this. Can someone who is not a ranting anti-ODN nut explain why this happened? is ODN planning on drifting towards the recent Q 2.0 coalition in terms of FA? I really can't see that happening given their relationship with MK.

what the heck? ODN cancelled on Umbrella? I must be really out of touch having not been on IRC in months but I really didn't expect this. Can someone who is not a ranting anti-ODN nut explain why this happened? is ODN planning on drifting towards the recent Q 2.0 coalition in terms of FA? I really can't see that happening given their relationship with MK.

it be interesting to see what ODN does.  but it doesnt really move them in their position in the treaty web.  but if you want more info on ODN's FA movement i'd suggest talking to ODN  you might get better info. but thats just an outsider opinion

It isn't that I place all of the blame on ODN's shoulders, it is that I find their behavior during those situations to be worthy of ridicule. I am not a conspiracy theorist like OsRavan; it isn't as though I think ODN somehow manipulated LSF into disliking Nordreich or some nonsense. But the way that the situation was handled was atrocious, and if I were the collective congress of INT I would have probably left CNG if ODN couldn't be kicked out. Not that I particularly like (you know, being in LSF and all at the time) that TLR's mouthpieces (hi rush) wouldn't shut the hell up on the OWF, or that GATO was highly ambivalent about the whole thing, but they didn't stab their bloc-mates in the back and actively sabotage and deceive them (to my knowledge, anyway; I am not... omniscient :P ).

The things I'm talking about in regards to OsRavan are specific incidents and things that I know he personally participated in. While I try not to be one of those guys who judges an entire alliance over the actions of one guy, I get the impression that he is not often given serious challenge for his #1 spot in government.

My inbox awaits with bated breath.

I don't know about today, but my experience with Os is that he relies on a lazy Senate and judiciary and ignorant constituents for "control."  During the DH-NPO War when our spying revealed that he was literally lying to the Senate about CoJ's willingness to surrender, I started PMing the Senate directly.

but okay.png

All quite vague and subjective but you're allowed your opinion I suppose.