Deshi Basara

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358791321' post='3082440']
I'd say the members of TOP at the time are certainly among those that can be expected to remember that episode and remind you of it from time to time. If it had been an alliance I was a member of at the time, I certainly would never forget the shame of it.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure Gremlins had a no-strike policy as part of that document you guys drafted up a while ago. I forget what it was called but it was basically a set of rules that you set out to dictate your course of action in any given war scenario. In any case,TOP was by no means the only alliance with such a policy,

Members of TOP (and anyone who happened to be paying attention) at the time know full well that this long standing criticism of us is nonsense.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358793992' post='3082460']
TOP hating huh? Nice way to brush off points you cant answer otherwise.

Do I hate TOP? That's not the right word, but it's in the ballpark. 'Despise' would be closer, hatred implies more respect.

It wasnt always like that. Pre-Crymson TOP was a pretty respectable alliance and I thought very highly of them. Since then they have squanders the respect once earned at every opportunity. Not surprising that ex-members who escape the cult look back now and criticise.

I was never a member, though in early 2008 that was where I was headed. Until I was banned for life from TOP forums entirely, both from my own embassy and even from the beerhall, for the horrible crime of posting a respectful recognition of war in said embassy after my alliance was attacked by TOP. This was my introduction to the new TOP, and I think it's pathetic.

Johann himself must feel ashamed when he sees you now.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure you're not banned from our forum. I don't think anyone is banned from our forum. Maybe Detlev. Are you sure you're not just using an old URL or something?

Edited by Blue Lightning

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1358774852' post='3082176']
/me clears throat

My offensive slots are full, all my defensive slots are open. TOP put everyone in my range in peace mode except for an inactive dude that failed to reach pm
[/quote]

Timberland, you are an amazing fighter. Your skill at the CN war system is second to none. I don't envy those that have to fight you. As such you will always have my respect.

But this grudge you have against us will do you more harm than it will us.

As former compatriot and fellow soldier I salute you from across the battlefield. o7

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1358801428' post='3082548']
Timberland, you are an amazing fighter. Your skill at the CN war system is second to none. I don't envy those that have to fight you. As such you will always have my respect.

But this grudge you have against us will do you more harm than it will us.

As former compatriot and fellow soldier I salute you from across the battlefield. o7
[/quote]

I salute you too Simon o7

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1358800948' post='3082541']
I'm pretty sure Gremlins had a no-strike policy as part of that document you guys drafted up a while ago. I forget what it was called but it was basically a set of rules that you set out to dictate your course of action in any given war scenario. In any case,TOP was by no means the only alliance with such a policy,[/quote]

IIRC Grämlins had a policy of not initiating nuclear warfare unecessarily, particularly of not nuking non-nuclear capable nations. That's not at all the same thing as entering an already existing nuclear war, claiming slots against someone you like, with an agreement not to use nukes. That prevented nations that WOULD have nuked from engaging the same nations, and it's typical TOP treachery.

[quote]Members of TOP (and anyone who happened to be paying attention) at the time know full well that this long standing criticism of us is nonsense.[/quote]

Every cult has effective forms of internal propaganda.

[quote]I'm pretty sure you're not banned from our forum. I don't think anyone is banned from our forum. Maybe Detlev. Are you sure you're not just using an old URL or something? [/quote]

The forum this happened on has since been retired. I have it on Crymsons word that re-registering would be a waste of time, and no motivation to bother this far along down the road.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1358800948' post='3082541']
I'm pretty sure Gremlins had a no-strike policy as part of that document you guys drafted up a while ago. I forget what it was called but it was basically a set of rules that you set out to dictate your course of action in any given war scenario.[/quote]

Not to dispute the general point of your post but the "Codex" was mainly concerning conduct during war and post war policy. It had nothing about first strike/no-strike etc.

May we all enjoy the inevitable green glow that war brings.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1358802824' post='3082563']
I don't know if your being serious ([i]If you are LOL[/i]). Or are you mocking his sadness regarding his so called skills in this realm? ([i]This would be a good LOL[/i]). What separates him from every other leader here? His ability to be sat in his oval office pushing buttons?

Also :gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag:
[/quote]

awwww don't be jealous

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1358799696' post='3082525']
The oppression your soldiers and nuclear arms are imposing upon my allies must be stopped.[b] I hope to see your soldiers break 9 million casualties.[/b]

OOC: Enjoyable posts definitely make this cesspool a much better place.
[/quote]

Oh you tease, ill buy you a beer if they do :)

I know I shouldn't respond but I will only because I'm trying to waste time in order to avoid doing something I don't want to.
[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1358802824' post='3082563']
I don't know if your being serious ([i]If you are LOL[/i]). Or are you mocking his sadness regarding his so called skills in this realm? ([i]This would be a good LOL[/i]). What separates him from every other leader here? His ability to be sat in his oval office pushing buttons?

Also :gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag:
[/quote]
Yes, I am serious. I'm glad I provided you with some lulz. While the war system in CN doesn't require a great deal of skill to learn the basics, I've fought in enough wars to know there are huge differences in the quality of fighters in CN. And it has little to do with their stats.

I've watched and read enough about what Timberland has done in previous wars to know that he is dangerous to his enemies.

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1358803610' post='3082580']
I know I shouldn't respond but I will only because I'm trying to waste time in order to avoid doing something I don't want to.

Yes, I am serious. I'm glad I provided you with some lulz. While the war system in CN doesn't require a great deal of skill to learn the basics, I've fought in enough wars to know there are huge differences in the quality of fighters in CN. And it has little to do with their stats.

I've watched and read enough about what Timberland has done in previous wars to know that he is dangerous to his enemies.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. You are a goldmine that keeps giving. He's not some master mind warmongerer, His leader just has too much spare time.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1358804799' post='3082585']

HAHAHAHAHAHA. You are a goldmine that keeps giving. So what's this huge difference then? As I said, he is sat in his oval office pushing buttons?

Sorry, I forgot the obligatory :gag: .
[/quote]
You're ignorant.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1358805224' post='3082592']

Yea, Rey the great calling others ignorant, LOL. You're inherently !@#$, and you always have been.
[/quote]
I'm many things. None of what you called me.

Read the OP. I'd read it again too, but that's because Idk what the Hell "THEY'RE" smoking. I am assuming that it took so long to enter because you probably can't find "smoke" good enough to believe that OP in just a day or two.