Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358652183' post='3080574']
And now after all these years, you suddenly care about moral high ground. Its not shocking, its ironic.
[/quote]
I am duly sworn to keep you down here in the mud, from whence you came, to where you shall rest.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1358652512' post='3080578']
Dragon runt need get out of peace mode and on my dinner plate, or shut up.
[/quote]
I have always expected others to follow my orders when I am in a place to give them. I will follow those given to me.

Also, your sudden confidence is [i]deeply[/i] amusing. Please, do go on. :ehm:

SUDDEN CONFIDENCE?!.....

I've not stopped begging for a fight since this war began.. *chews on tail*.

Orders? What kind of orders would nation of your dimensions receive? Super tiny bank?

Loudest mouth, least fight, that's what I see.

The last several wars we've fought where you've been on the opposing side.. which has been quite frequent, I keep trying to dine on you and you keep squirming away.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I hope war was a last resort to solving this conflict, as I believe in peace and a majority of my citizens are anti-war,
but my nation also belongs to an alliance with treaty obligations, and my nation will honor that agreement if it comes to that,

so I'm jsut here to say, give'em hell NATO (our allies)
o /

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1358653622' post='3080597']

The last several wars we've fought where you've been on the opposing side.. which has been quite frequent, I keep trying to dine on you and you keep squirming away.
[/quote]

That's funny, because I seem to recall most alliances that were against us in prior wars hiding their upper tiers in peace mode, likely in fear of what our nations would do to them. In NPO's case in particular, your peace terms stipulated a prolonged war specifically due to this tactic of trying to hide your nations from the Umbrella war machine. The fact that people seem to think we're suddenly a viable and easy to take out target is amusing in light of the fact that all prior evidence indiciates a different perception.

Dear my beloved wadsworth:

I have never entered peacemode for more than 10 days.. and that was to restock weapons.. so you may take that hollow garbage elsewhere. I'm a fighter.

Also you should get out of peacemode so you can fight down to my level so I can help finish the job.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1358654200' post='3080612']
Dear my beloved wadsworth:

I have never entered peacemode for more than 10 days.. and that was to restock weapons.. so you may take that hollow garbage elsewhere. I'm a fighter.
[/quote]

That may be true, but to be fair, you barely qualify as mid-tier to Umbrella. I'm talking specifically about your strongest nations, most of which went directly to peace mode the second NPO became aware war was on the horizon, and many of them remained there until being ordered out for the limited war. Your nation was likely not one of the ones that fell in that category.

[quote name='Coyoteknifefight' timestamp='1358654015' post='3080607']
Umbrella, even if they lose, will absolutely lay waste to to your upper tier
[/quote]
And in 6 months when they start over at the bottom with tech with us?

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1358654611' post='3080619']
And in 6 months when they start over at the bottom with tech with us?
[/quote]

Shhh.. they're not supposed to think about that part yet. If they think about what they have to lose they might actually do something rational.

[quote name='Wadsworth' timestamp='1358654109' post='3080609']
That's funny, because I seem to recall most alliances that were against us in prior wars hiding their upper tiers in peace mode, likely in fear of what our nations would do to them. In NPO's case in particular, your peace terms stipulated a prolonged war specifically due to this tactic of trying to hide your nations from the Umbrella war machine. The fact that people seem to think we're suddenly a viable and easy to take out target is amusing in light of the fact that all prior evidence indiciates a different perception.
[/quote]

Yes, the all mighty, highly vaunted Umbrellan war machine. Your alliance has had the upper hand in every war for the past three years. Not only that, but you've faced a small trickle of your opponent's upper tier in every war. I won't deny they've tried protecting themselves from an overwhelming force repeatedly seeking a curbstomp rather than a fair war. They have. As many alliances are now doing from your side. Now Umbrella still has the upper hand in its upper tier but with much worse odds than ever before.

You've lost almost 10% of your alliance's total strength in two days of war. Umbrella has been the hyped up alliance of the world lately and I don't know why. You'll always be TOP's little brother, MK's puppet, GOONS' personal bank, and an awful alliance.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1358655046' post='3080630']
Shhh.. they're not supposed to think about that part yet. If they think about what they have to lose they might actually do something rational.
[/quote]

We have nothing to lose. Ironically, that's what will make us win.

Rebuild much faster than our primary enemy, who has skipped out on two of the last three wars, be an insurgent opposition for a while, let the egos in the victorious coalition battle it out, be waiting for chunks to cleave off, worm our way in like defeated alliances past, be waiting when the whole rotten thing collapses under the weight of its own pretense, then kick every horrific poster in this thread directly in the teeth.

Provided you win, of course.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1358655233' post='3080637']
You've lost almost 10% of your alliance's total strength in two days of war. Umbrella has been the hyped up alliance of the world lately and I don't know why. You'll always be TOP's little brother, MK's puppet, GOONS' personal bank, and an awful alliance.
[/quote]

This fails to take into account the multiple nations that switched AA but are still a part of Umbrella.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1358655405' post='3080645']
This fails to take into account the multiple nations that switched AA but are still a part of Umbrella.
[/quote]

I'm going to be honest and say thank god. It would've been really disappointing if Umbrella decided to pull a Fark.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1358655402' post='3080644']
Rebuild much faster than our primary enemy, who has skipped out on two of the last three wars, be an insurgent opposition for a while, let the egos in the victorious coalition battle it out, be waiting for chunks to cleave off, worm our way in like defeated alliances past, be waiting when the whole rotten thing collapses under the weight of its own pretense, then kick every horrific poster in this thread directly in the teeth.

[/quote]

And I thought I indulged intricate fantasies.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1358655622' post='3080654']
I'm going to be honest and say thank god. It would've been really disappointing if Umbrella decided to pull a Fark.
[/quote]

We're only really deadly after the second day of war though, when our tech advantage starts speaking louder in nukes and our coordination starts slicing more infra than we lose.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1358655402' post='3080644']

[/quote]

Everybody gets rolled twice.