Quick Kaskus Announcement

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1350874694' post='3043954']
Lets just say GOONS is more willing to cave to Kaskus demands now that PB is out of the picture ... it helped a good bit based on the logs I saw, though I didn't see the PPO/GOONS ones to be fair.
[/quote]
Kaskus had no demands, nor were they a factor in our decision.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1350875067' post='3043961']
[center]
and can't believe I'll say this but o/ GOONs for making this easier than it could have been[/center]
[/quote]
Thanks.

Edited by Sardonic

I didn't mean to imply that Kaskus had demands; I meant their presence was a factor in GOONS' demands in a positive way for those looking to resolve this situation as easily as possible. Sorry if that was unclear before.

EDIT: Yes, I know I said the phrase "Kaskus demands" before, I moreso meant... counter-demands I guess. But whatever, you know what I mean.

Also missed an apostrophe.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1350876855' post='3043978']
Are you selling any bridges in Brooklyn by chance?
[/quote]
[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1350876645' post='3043976']
Just purely coincidental, eh?
[/quote]
Hurf Durf. Kaskus made no threats, and we had no contact with them other than that one discussion with issac.

We conducted an internal investigation and decided that while a terrible person, doornail should not have been placed on the EoG list.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350877134' post='3043980']
Hurf Durf. Kaskus made no threats, and we had no contact with them other than that one discussion with issac.

We conducted an internal investigation and decided that while a terrible person, doornail should not have been placed on the EoG list.
[/quote]

Ok, I'll buy that. Care to share WHY he should not have been on your list, at least the why that you came up with internally?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1350873962' post='3043947']
What, exactly, did they take care of? PPO had already given protection to the person(s) at war with GOONS, and was working on negotiating. I trust in Lurunin's negotiating abilities, and so I just don't see what this accomplishes outside of uneventful dick waving while the adults are taking care of business.
[/quote]
PPO's protection was temporary, you can chill.

The extent of the conversation was me wondering their position on the situation, which at the time (last night) was not to hold back until he payed. Then I asked him his position on the aid Kaskus sent to Doornail. He responded with: <Sardonic> On the note of aiding
[quote] <Sardonic> as you've seen
<Sardonic> we're not interested into getting into a pissing match with kaskus over the aid sent to him at this time
<Sardonic> but we won't ignore this if it becomes a habit[/quote]

I leave these things up to definition and skepticism.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1350877382' post='3043981']
Ok, I'll buy that. Care to share WHY he should not have been on your list, at least the why that you came up with internally?
[/quote]

No man, opsec.

I imagine it went something like this:
- This DoorNail thing is a bigger headache than I want do deal with
- Yep, also potential for a PR disaster
- Lets just spin it by saying that we decided to let him off after an internal investigation.

This way it doesn't look like they caved.

All is well with the world.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1350877382' post='3043981']
[/quote]

Alright, since you asked nicely and without overt malice I'll tell you.

1. EoGing somebody for fighting back because of a raid action diminishes the importance of the EoG list. The EoG list should be reserved for those who have committed unjustified wrongs against us.

2. It is arguable that he didn't, strictly speaking, do anything morally out of line, though he chose the incorrect path in attempting to secure peace for his group by striking at us like a rogue, rather than getting a protectorate from somebody.

3. After conferring with our allies on how they deal with similar situations, we decided that ours was out of line with traditional raiding norms.

Of course, I fully expect CoJ and other irrelevant parties to take credit for this massive victory in defense of the raided, but in truth, the peanut gallery had little to no effect on our process.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350878002' post='3043986']

1. EoGing somebody for fighting back because of a raid action diminishes the importance of the EoG list. The EoG list should be reserved for those who have committed unjustified wrongs against us.

2. It is arguable that he didn't, strictly speaking, do anything morally out of line, though he chose the incorrect path in attempting to secure peace for his group by striking at us like a rogue, rather than getting a protectorate from somebody.

3. After conferring with our allies on how they deal with similar situations, we decided that ours was out of line with traditional raiding norms.

Of course, I fully expect CoJ and other irrelevant parties to take credit for this massive victory in defense of the raided, but in truth, the peanut gallery had little to no effect on our process.
[/quote]

I appreciate the thoughtful answer.

[/quote]

I had a feeling GOONS weren't smart enough to figure this out on their own...

[/quote]

You said you consulted with your allies on the matter? I can't help but wonder where they got their idea from. Don't underplay it. You were under pressure. Your allies didn't like the pressure. They told you that you were being stupid and you managed to listen for 3 seconds and make the right decision.

[quote name='Nintenderek' timestamp='1350878274' post='3043991']
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wQZtF.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
Sorry buddy, but there was no meaningful "pressure" from outside our boarders. Just a lot of internal "Why did we do this again?" "Because he deserves it." "Well sure, but is it justified by our laws?" And so forth.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1350878707' post='3043995']
Ok, Sardonic, you know he did not deserve it. That is just plain silly.
[/quote]
If you'd seen some of the reprehensible posts he made on Umbrella's forum, you'd think he deserved far more than what he got.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350878770' post='3043996']
If you'd seen some of the reprehensible posts he made on Umbrella's forum, you'd think he deserved far more than what he got.
[/quote]
A post of someones political beliefs does not make his actions in defense of his alliance wrong.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1350878947' post='3043997']
A post of someones political beliefs does not make his actions in defense of his alliance wrong.
[/quote]
Meh, it went beyond that in my opinion, but whatever. Not our problem anymore, enjoy defending him.

3. [b]After conferring with our allies[/b] on how they deal with similar situations, we decided that ours was out of line with traditional raiding norms.

[/quote]
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350878561' post='3043993']
Sorry buddy, but there was[b] no meaningful "pressure" from outside our boarders[/b]. Just a lot of internal "Why did we do this again?" "Because he deserves it." "Well sure, but is it justified by our laws?" And so forth.
[/quote]
You mean borders, yes?

Forgive me if I am misreading this but you seem to be contradicting yourself here (internally versus talking to allies).

Also you say that the peanut gallery had no effect on your decision, are you calling Kaskus the peanut gallery or are you inferring that others are taking credit for what Kaskus did?

Because from what I see, noone tried to take any credit for it; the peanut gallery was only pointing out what Kaskus did. You are the first one to imply CoJ, or anyone else, is claiming to be a factor in talks other than the parties involved and who they represented.