Quick Kaskus Announcement

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1350879041' post='3044000']
You mean borders, yes?

Forgive me if I am misreading this but you seem to be contradicting yourself here (internally versus talking to allies).
[/quote]
No alliance is an island. In our evaluation process we sought input from unbiased sources on their processes.
[quote]
Also you say that the peanut gallery had no effect on your decision, are you calling Kaskus the peanut gallery or are you inferring that others are taking credit for what Kaskus did?
[/quote]
No, I'm saying that nothing that happened here on this forum had any bearing on the decision. Nobody forum-warriored us into our stance, no matter how much they would love to believe themselves so important.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350878002' post='3043986']
3. After conferring with our allies on how they deal with similar situations, we decided that ours was out of line with traditional raiding norms.
[/quote]

That's pretty much what we've been trying to say all this time. Good to see you have finally seen the light.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350879982' post='3044005']
No alliance is an island.
[/quote]

Each alliance is an island and as you have to leave an island in order to see the island, we can't see ourselves unless we become free of ourselves.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1350880789' post='3044012']
Each alliance is an island and as you have to leave an island in order to see the island, we can't see ourselves unless we become free of ourselves.
[/quote]
That's deep, bro.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350881183' post='3044014']
That's deep, bro.
[/quote]

I think I found my #4.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1350880789' post='3044012']
[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350878002' post='3043986']
Alright, since you asked nicely and without overt malice I'll tell you.

1. EoGing somebody for fighting back because of a raid action diminishes the importance of the EoG list. The EoG list should be reserved for those who have committed unjustified wrongs against us.

2. It is arguable that he didn't, strictly speaking, do anything morally out of line, though he chose the incorrect path in attempting to secure peace for his group by striking at us like a rogue, rather than getting a protectorate from somebody.

3. After conferring with our allies on how they deal with similar situations, we decided that ours was out of line with traditional raiding norms.

Of course, I fully expect CoJ and other irrelevant parties to take credit for this massive victory in defense of the raided, but in truth, the peanut gallery had little to no effect on our process.
[/quote]

"striking at us like a rogue"

cry more, so someone attacked you guys for attacking his alliance. that's not rogue like at all. that's what every alliance member should do if their AA is attacked.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1350879993' post='3044006']
I'd say him and Ardus are probably the two best on Bob. (no homo? :ehm: ) But to be fair, they do have the most experience :awesome:
[/quote]
Having been around since November '06, it's to be expected. But really it's my charming earnestness.

As to the present subject: Kaskus steps into a done deal and then claims victory for it. That's cute, but whatever floats their boat, I suppose. Would have been petty to change course over this.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1350883757' post='3044031']
As to the present subject: Kaskus steps into a done deal and then claims victory for it. That's cute, but whatever floats their boat, I suppose. Would have been petty to change course over this.
[/quote]

Ah, I guess you havn't read the entirety of the thread. Let me help ya out bud.

Both PPO and I have given credit to each other where credit is due. In this very thread :D ! I am glad I could help you out on that one ;)

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1350884037' post='3044033']
Obviously having Issac as a MoFA is a brilliant idea and Kaskus is being brilliant by intervening in a situation that involved them in no way.

[size=1]Oh wait, no it isn't.[/size]
[/quote]
Oh thank you for your kind comment on my position I am....Ohhhhh I see what you did there. You clever thing you! :wub:

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Sunny Side King' timestamp='1350889449' post='3044052']
May I ask why the square and the left/bottom side of the K weren't connected? It looks good, but it would look better if it were symmetric.
[/quote]
Look up Kaskus and see how it isn't under our control what the logo is :P

You are all being idiots by saying that this is Kaskus trying to look good.

We did what we believed in, look back at our very first war, and then our second war. Everyone starts an alliance to their own ideals and then strays from it, WE havent, we will fight for what we believe in and will never back down.

We arent protecting TSL to annoy GOONs, or their allies, we are protecting TSL as alot of us spoke 1 on 1 to Doornail about stuff not related to the war and got along with him very well, so we offered protection to TSL and they accepted.

PPO did the thing most alliances wouldnt do and protected TSL in the first place, PPO is the reason TSL is still here, we are just helping PPO by carrying on full protection of their friend.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1350895846' post='3044063']

We did what we believed in, look back at our very first war, and then our second war. Everyone starts an alliance to their own ideals and then strays from it, WE havent, we will fight for what we believe in and will never back down.

We arent protecting TSL to annoy GOONs, or their allies, we are protecting TSL as alot of us spoke 1 on 1 to Doornail about stuff not related to the war and got along with him very well, so we offered protection to TSL and they accepted.

PPO did the thing most alliances wouldnt do and protected TSL in the first place, PPO is the reason TSL is still here, we are just helping PPO by carrying on full protection of their friend.
[/quote]
Don't worry Raz, its not all of them, just the GOONS cleanup crew.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1350895846' post='3044063']

[/quote]

I am sure that "looking good" is the last thing detractors would relate to this. In reality, it is just Kaskus taking an oppurtunity in a situation they had no purpose in having involvement

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1350920680' post='3044118']
I am sure that "looking good" is the last thing detractors would relate to this. In reality, it is just Kaskus taking an oppurtunity in a situation they had no purpose in having involvement
[/quote]
Kaskus, thoroughout its history has defended smaller alliances against the bigger. We are tired of nobody standing up to the hegemonic poweres, whoever they may be. Expect Kaskus to always stand up for the little guy when he can't do it alone. That is very well known Kaskus policy, read up on your history. Before you go about saying Kaskus has no business.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1350923938' post='3044126']
Kaskus, thoroughout its history has defended smaller alliances against the bigger. We are tired of nobody standing up to the hegemonic poweres, whoever they may be. Expect Kaskus to always stand up for the little guy when he can't do it alone. That is very well known Kaskus policy, read up on your history. Before you go about saying Kaskus has no business.
[/quote]

Don't be to upset about the gelded ilk of GOONS, they just wish they had sac like us.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1350925820' post='3044132']
Don't be to upset about the gelded ilk of GOONS, they just wish they had sac like us.
[/quote]
I am not upset, some people just need to be slapped on the wrist when they are wrong. Lol.

In all seriousness. Everyones point was made.