Worst Move Ever: October Madness brought to you by MK

Epiphanus

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350371501' post='3041815']
Telling someone they hope they die irl and stalking them.

I agree one is a little more heinous and reprehensible but I'd love for you to educate me on how you score yourselves in each occasion.
[/quote]
Such a simplistic view of the world will not serve you well.

Portraying that post as if it was said with complete seriousness is quite a stretch, even for you. Regardless, let's assume for a moment that it was serious. Personally, even in that case I fail to see why it would be so reprehensible. If someone being mean to you on the internet is going to reduce you to a sobbing mess then I would suggest that you take your leave. What was said can't even be construed as a threat so I'm not sure why you're up in arms about it. In the end it's the exact same principle as telling someone to DIAF. Unless of course you see that as beyond the pale too.

As for your stalking accusation, I'd love to see what you're basing that on.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, not everyone believes in hiding behind a computer and pretending to be an internet tough guy. But I'm sure the kind who cyber stalk people are really just the most appropriate in the world to be lecturing me on morals.

[left][quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1350373246' post='3041819']If someone being mean to you on the internet is going to reduce you to a sobbing mess then I would suggest that you take your leave.[/quote][/left]
Take your leave [i]from the Internet[/i]? :D

Jokes aside, one has to wonder what sort of reasons can bring people to be mean with other players that they know only through an online simulation game.

In the specific case of most of the CN players that indulge in such a behaviour I'd exclude that they're simply unable to play the game just as a game - too many don't actually care much about the game itself - and I'd rather imagine that their satisfaction derives from the very experience of hurting other people. The game and the media associated to it are just readily available venues for getting to that.

Although I am clearly generalizing a lot, there's enough food for thought to mention antisocial personality disorders. I am completely naive on the subject but I found the following [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder#ICD-10"]reference[/url] to [i]Dissocial personality disorder[/i] to be quite [i]stunning[/i]:
[quote][Dissocial personality disorder] is characterized by at least 3 of the following:[list=1]
[*]Callous unconcern for the feelings of others.
[*]Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations.
[*]Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them.
[*]Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.
[*]Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
[*]Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior that has brought the person into conflict with society.
[/list]
[/quote]
With the possible exception of #3, the similarity with the traits of "CN bullies" (as I see them) are simply astounding.

[size=1][[b]Edit:[/b]typo][/size]

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350377949' post='3041820']
Hey, not everyone believes in hiding behind a computer and pretending to be an internet tough guy. But I'm sure the kind who cyber stalk people are really just the most appropriate in the world to be lecturing me on morals.
[/quote]
In future, please make at least some attempt to have your post have [i]some[/i] connection to the post you are supposedly replying to.

Sometimes it's better to withdraw gracefully rather than continually trying to tap a dry vein with your ridiculously fallacious arguments.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1350379519' post='3041824']
In future, please make at least some attempt to have your post have [i]some[/i] connection to the post you are supposedly replying to.

Sometimes it's better to withdraw gracefully rather than continually trying to tap a dry vein with your ridiculously fallacious arguments.
[/quote]

You're arguing that people shouldn't possibly believe you aren't serious about intending to cause them harm when cyber stalking them and denigrating them. Or that it's okay because you don't think it's serious, or that they shouldn't take your actions seriously because you believe it's acceptable to behave like a cretin.

I didn't address it because it was a preposterous conclusion to arrive at.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350382699' post='3041832']
You're arguing that people shouldn't possibly believe you aren't serious about intending to cause them harm when cyber stalking them and denigrating them. Or that it's okay because you don't think it's serious, or that they shouldn't take your actions seriously because you believe it's acceptable to behave like a cretin.

I didn't address it because it was a preposterous conclusion to arrive at.
[/quote]
And yet again you resort to strawmen. Now I understand why so many choose to ignore rather than engage you.

You can attempt to put words in my mouth as much as you like, but I made my argument quite clearly. Either engage with the discussion or get out of it.

I'm not putting words in your mouth unless you want to defend your groups actions in cyber stalking kait and hoo or the vast history of your ilk acting in a deplorable manner.

Because then I'll just assume the words in and coming out of your mouth are nothing more than garbage.

You might want to debate whether it's okay to cyber stalk and denigrate people but I think very few are interested in your take on when cyber bullying is acceptable.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1350388210' post='3041833']
but I made my argument quite clearly.
[/quote]

Unless the argument is that you're an idiot, then no you didn't make an argument.
You tried to defend from a losing position and you continue to dig the hole deeper, stop now before you resort to more childish behaviour.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350388645' post='3041834']
I'm not putting words in your mouth unless you want to defend your groups actions in cyber stalking kait and hoo or the vast history of your ilk acting in a deplorable manner.

Because then I'll just assume the words in and coming out of your mouth are nothing more than garbage.

You might want to debate whether it's okay to cyber stalk and denigrate people but I think very few are interested in your take on when cyber bullying is acceptable.
[/quote]
And again, I'm going to ask you for your evidence of this stalking. From what I remember no one in MK contacted Hoo or Kait. Otherwise all your cries of cyber stalking are nothing but strawmen.

And that's what I'm debating. You say these things like they're fact. They're not.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1350389073' post='3041835']
Unless the argument is that you're an idiot, then no you didn't make an argument.
You tried to defend from a losing position and you continue to dig the hole deeper, stop now before you resort to more childish behaviour.
[/quote]
Put your bluster away and actually read the posts, it may help you understand what's going on.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1350394415' post='3041841']
And again, I'm going to ask you for your evidence of this stalking. From what I remember no one in MK contacted Hoo or Kait. Otherwise all your cries of cyber stalking are nothing but strawmen.

And that's what I'm debating. You say these things like they're fact. They're not.

Put your bluster away and actually read the posts, it may help you understand what's going on.
[/quote]
What a pile of feces.
The entire point of stalking is you don't "contact" your victims, that's something else called harassment (which MK also engaged in later).
You are defending scum. It is you who are not reading any posts, how dare you talk down to anybody, you should be ashamed of yourself.

That story will continue to haunt this board forever, apparently.
It's not even a bad thing, if the threat that one's threads may then all get derailed will help to avoid future instances of RL attacks done "through" CN.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1350404992' post='3041875']
What a pile of feces.
The entire point of stalking is you don't "contact" your victims, that's something else called harassment (which MK also engaged in later).
You are defending scum. It is you who are not reading any posts, how dare you talk down to anybody, you should be ashamed of yourself.
[/quote]

Give it a rest and dial the over the top outrage down a notch would you? You're giving me a headache.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1350414665' post='3041910']
Give it a rest and dial the over the top outrage down a notch would you? You're giving me a headache.
[/quote]
Go take an advil then, because this isn't going to just go away.

Edited by Ogaden

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1350433767' post='3041998']
Myth did you develop this sense of morals/hate of MK before or after we denied your application?
[/quote]

You all really need to get your !@#$ together and your stories straight. I've never applied to MK.

It crossed my mind to try the other side of the pond when I was betrayed IC and I sent a feeler to l337 that went nowhere, but it's completely irrelevant to the behavior you've shown since.

I have great respect for your leaders ability to overcome the nature of a great majority of your members and succeed despite it. Do not mistake that respect for a few as admiration of you all.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1350487286' post='3042163']
You'd probably be more effective in arguing your case if you did climb down off your soapbox and calmed down a bit
[/quote]

To convince you? You don't believe MK did anything wrong, nothing's going to change that, and it says everything anyone needs to know about you.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350442218' post='3042019']
You all really need to get your !@#$ together and your stories straight. I've never applied to MK.
[/quote]
He's not talking about your membership application. He's talking about your protectorate application.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1350509419' post='3042218']
He's not talking about your membership application. He's talking about your protectorate application.
[/quote]

Oh. I see! "That one doesn't exist and isn't working so let's try another one."

The farthest this went was when Quiz approached me about it when I was discussing it with another alliance. This is the "application," I sent him.

What up playa
I'm looking for a protector.

I seem to be disliked by a lot of people. But this can be used to your advantage, since you are all also disliked by a lot of people and seem to want to piss even more people off. I feel like I could be a great help in this mission. I have experience in every leadership position in CN, and have taken it very seriously so much so that people get upset when I'm in charge because they take it super serial. I also haven't thought up a name yet, so I thought you gays could help me with that. I especially like some of your members names they're very witty. Like Unsure, he is great man and a great gentle man.

He could help. In fact, i want your entire alliance to be involved in the process. Full disclosure.Also, I have plans of getting massive amounts of tech for your nations. we would give you gr8 rates and i would have a l33t membership full of very opinionated people who would probably fit really well in with your gr8 vast membershpi. I think we could have something going if we try our hardest to get along. Ardus isn't so bad either. He's actually a decent guy when he admits he's a mylp lover. Also, this alliance will have an organizational structure like MK. we will point a leader whom is inactive but shows up to pretend to be relevant once every so often. Also, we will allow 2-3 people to make messes so that another 2-3 people go around cleaning them up and smoothing them out. Also, we will train each of our members to be great tr*&%. We will have Reythegreat tutor them, and after that we will ask Anson to teach them how CN works.

If this didn't sound great already, wait till you hear what i have to say next. I also am thinking that after we get out of our protectorate stage we upgrade to mdoap, but get this, we HAVE A CHAINING clause. This means we attack together. this will be great and it will be great for our friends that we make too. also, we plan on being just as funny as Non Grata's membership. So there's always that added bonus.Uhm. yeah man idk what else tos ay.you were like the first person i've asked.thanks for taking this seriously i appreciate it."

As you can see, I was very interested in saying all of the right things.
I'll admit when Quiz read it and was serious about making it happen I was taken aback but it went nowhere and we never discussed it again -- so the idea of it being rejected is simply untrue afaik.

Edited by IYIyTh