Worst Move Ever: October Madness brought to you by MK

Epiphanus

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1350488863' post='3042168']
To convince you? You don't believe MK did anything wrong, nothing's going to change that, and it says everything anyone needs to know about you.
[/quote]

I bet you're a riot at parties.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1350488856' post='3042167']
His response is spot on. Anger is the natural and right response to evil when its committed.
[/quote]

Evil seems a bit of a stretch. Being dickheads would be more accurate.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1350488863' post='3042168']
To convince you? You don't believe MK did anything wrong, nothing's going to change that, and it says everything anyone needs to know about you.
[/quote]

This is why you should calm down, this foaming at the mouth that you're doing is resulting in you making incorrect assumptions about people and you know what they say about when you assume things, only in this instance you're the ass because you're applying your knowledge and perceptions of me IC to me OOC to form said assumption.

I don't need convincing of anything, but if I did then you're certainly not the person to be doing it when you're spitting bile in every direction. I'm sick of you idiots trying to win arguments with incessant melodrama, why not try some actual discourse for once instead of stooping to the debate level of the people you most resent.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1350580159' post='3042551']
Evil seems a bit of a stretch. Being dickheads would be more accurate.

This is why you should calm down, this foaming at the mouth that you're doing is resulting in you making incorrect assumptions about people and you know what they say about when you assume things, only in this instance you're the ass because you're applying your knowledge and perceptions of me IC to me OOC to form said assumption.

I don't need convincing of anything, but if I did then you're certainly not the person to be doing it when you're spitting bile in every direction. I'm sick of you idiots trying to win arguments with incessant melodrama, why not try some actual discourse for once instead of stooping to the debate level of the people you most resent.
[/quote]

The evidence has already been presented, and dismissed. MK has punished noone. There is really not much more to talk about.

You either condemn what they have done, or by inaction, endorse it.

Edited by Ogaden

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350582839' post='3042564']
I agree blame the victims imo.
[/quote]

At what point did I say anything like that? I was responding to him making assumptions about me and what I think without asking me or reading my posts (kind of exactly like what you just did, dick) If you read carefully you'll find I am actually in agreement that it was a dick move and instead of listening you're just making assumptions based on my previous AAs in game. When you're giving people !@#$ for ignoring the IC/OOC line maybe you should check yourselves and your own stupid in game prejudices first.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1350583931' post='3042570']
At what point did I say anything like that? I was responding to him making assumptions about me and what I think without asking me or reading my posts (kind of exactly like what you just did, dick) If you read carefully you'll find I am actually in agreement that it was a dick move and instead of listening you're just making assumptions based on my previous AAs in game. When you're giving people !@#$ for ignoring the IC/OOC line maybe you should check yourselves and your own stupid in game prejudices first.
[/quote]

You know what, you're right, I apologize for before, I was riled up and shot first before asking questions.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1350583865' post='3042569']
The evidence has already been presented, and dismissed. MK has punished noone. There is really not much more to talk about.
[/quote]

And yet here you are, talking.

Like I said, being less belligerent will make people more likely to listen to what you have to say. I'll leave it at that.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1350584217' post='3042571']
You know what, you're right, I apologize for before, I was riled up and shot first before asking questions.
[/quote]

No worries. I can understand why.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1350580159' post='3042551']
[/quote]

You're implying that you can argue and rationalize the bile of the people you speak of. In and of that is offensive. There seems to be this need for people to ignore everything laid before them and insist MK and co. actually deserve an argument. In and of itself that is offensive, and you defending them as if we need to come to some level of discourse and discuss what degree of cyber stalking is acceptable or what amount of acting like absolute trash is okay is disgusting. Ignoring your giant pile of words that amounted to nothing has nothing to do with what I feel about anything other than the demonstration you made here. Not because you were best buds with them IC, not because you were completely okay with their behavior before hand. But because you actually have the gall to stand up here and say some of us need to take a step back and split hairs over whether MK has "just been dicks," or have a history of repeated OOC attacks on the population of this game.

In essence, you want to blame the victims for being quick to label the actions of these people accurately. No thanks. Try selling that !@#$%^&* to someone else.

You even have the audacity to call these things assumptions when a good deal of their membership has come onto these boards to pseudo defend their actions by saying these people deserve it. Forgive me if I find such a suggestion entirely laughable.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350584966' post='3042576']
You're implying that you can argue and rationalize the bile of the people you speak of. In and of that is offensive. There seems to be this need for people to ignore everything laid before them and insist MK and co. actually deserve an argument. In and of itself that is offensive, and you defending them as if we need to come to some level of discourse and discuss what degree of cyber stalking is acceptable or what amount of acting like absolute trash is okay is disgusting. Ignoring your giant pile of words that amounted to nothing has nothing to do with what I feel about anything other than the demonstration you made here. Not because you were best buds with them IC, not because you were completely okay with their behavior before hand. But because you actually have the gall to stand up here and say some of us need to take a step back and split hairs over whether MK has "just been dicks," or have a history of repeated OOC attacks on the population of this game.

You even have the audacity to call these things assumptions when a good deal of their membership has come onto these boards to pseudo defend their actions by saying these people deserve it. Forgive me if I find such a suggestion entirely laughable.
[/quote]

So if you can't rationalize and argue with them what exactly are you hoping to achieve here with all this shouting? I'm not saying we need to debate the ethics of cyber-stalking so please stop putting words in my mouth for once and read, I'm saying that if you present your case without foaming at the mouth for once then people will take you more seriously, they are not the only people in the game and they are not the people you should be seeking to convince. You're not trying to play politics here so less of the fiery rhetoric will actually help.

The accusations that you and he both made [i]are[/i] assumptions because it is an opinion of me based on the behaviour of people who I used to associate with. Therefore it is an assumption (and an incorrect one at that), as such I have the right to be pissed off considering what it actually is that you are accusing me of being okay with.

Also you all seem to be missing the point here if you want to see something done about it. You're preaching to the wrong crowd so to speak.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1350586516' post='3042587']
So if you can't rationalize and argue with them what exactly are you hoping to achieve here with all this shouting? I'm not saying we need to debate the ethics of cyber-stalking so please stop putting words in my mouth for once and read, I'm saying that if you present your case without foaming at the mouth for once then people will take you more seriously, they are not the only people in the game and they are not the people you should be seeking to convince. You're not trying to play politics here so less of the fiery rhetoric will actually help.

The accusations that you and he both made [i]are[/i] assumptions because it is an opinion of me based on the behaviour of people who I used to associate with. Therefore it is an assumption (and an incorrect one at that), as such I have the right to be pissed off considering what it actually is that you are accusing me of being okay with.

Also you all seem to be missing the point here if you want to see something done about it. You're preaching to the wrong crowd so to speak.
[/quote]

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not trying to sell anyone on not being someone who is a !@#$% and cyberstalks someone online "for fun." If people want to do it they're going to do it. I don't feel the need to baby people with "Aww, well I see how you would think it's perfectly okay to cyberstalk people, take their pictures and parade them around your forums for fun," like it's going to change their minds.

Instead, I'm just going to call them out on it. If I actually have to convince people why it's bad then I've already lost. You can't convince what simply is. If you honestly believe calling people a pile of dicks for their actions makes someone as culpable as those who did the actions you're just back to blaming the victim with a twist instead of holding the people who should be held accountable -- accountable. "How dare you treat those cyberstalkers with 100x more of the civility they've shown others. You're just as bad!!!" (Giant buzzer sound.) no thanks.

So really you have no argument.
Unless you want to be another apologist for cyber stalking! But honestly it's more amusing when MK does it. But I'm also willing to hear what great efforts you've gone to in addressing this problem.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1350326750' post='3041639']
The last time I was on the MK boards I was being told by MK members they hope I die IRL
[/quote]
[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1350356076' post='3041775']
I like how y'all took that seriously.
[/quote]

They were just joking, Ogaden, hahahaha, see? [i]Joking [/i]hahahaha.

If they were really serious, they would have said your children should be raped. Oh, actually, they said that was a joke, too. I guess MK's sense of humor is just too advanced for us all.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1350592923' post='3042634']
They were just joking, Ogaden, hahahaha, see? [i]Joking [/i]hahahaha.

If they were really serious, they would have said your children should be raped. Oh, actually, they said that was a joke, too. I guess MK's sense of humor is just too advanced for us all.
[/quote]

And they say [i]our[/i] jokes are unfunny.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1350601608' post='3042691']
3 more posts like this Myth, and you will get your official "Toadie" card. It doesnt have alot of benefits, but it gets you a 10% discount at McDonalds.
[/quote]

Any Monopoly pieces? I'm real close, man. Real close.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1350601608' post='3042691']
3 more posts like this Myth, and you will get your official "Toadie" card. It doesnt have alot of benefits, but it gets you a 10% discount at McDonalds.
[/quote]

Please attend this free seminar: [url="http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html"]http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html[/url]

Edited by Zombie Glaucon

Myth, Johnny is right about your posts: you're not replying to what he actually wrote.

On another note, talking at the same time of "the evil MK" and of respecting the RL/game line makes little sense IMHO. The MK is an in-game entity and their in-game authorities have no obligation (and little legitimation) to police what people that have their alter-egos in their organization do in their RL. At the same time, players that have a character in the MK and that didn't do anything bad shouldn't be annoyed or criticized for what their in-game associated and allies did or didn't do in their RL.
Simply put, focusing on the MK (or on any other alliance, for that matter) when discussing RL abuses doesn't make any sense, as the MK is an in-game association.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't at all think that it doesn't make sense to discuss abuses, and in fact I think that irresponsible and offensive behaviours should be severely sanctioned by the community of CN players. But RL offences are committed (or allowed to happen) by RL people, and such individuals or groups should be the [i]only[/i] ones criticized for such behaviours.
The "indirect support" or "enabling" or ... (however you want to call it) argument doesn't hold water either. RL attacks happening through the game are always swiftly dealt with, by the Mods, and whatever in-game support anyone can provide is thus completely useless to "enable" anything.
That a RL offender can get in-game protection for her/his in-game alter ego is thus also a non-issue, because his/her offences can't be committed through the game (lest s/he's quickly punished for them).

Should the RL authorities (Archon, bros, ...?) that manage the MK forums do more to avoid that their board is used to commit RL offences? In my opinion, certainly yes, they should. Again, while I'd consider correct to hold their inaction against them [i]personally[/i], it doesn't make sense to damn their in-game role/function too, and to conclude that the MK is corrupt from a RL point of view. The two things are distinct and they should be kept separated.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1350588937' post='3042597']
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not trying to sell anyone on not being someone who is a !@#$% and cyberstalks someone online "for fun." If people want to do it they're going to do it. I don't feel the need to baby people with "Aww, well I see how you would think it's perfectly okay to cyberstalk people, take their pictures and parade them around your forums for fun," like it's going to change their minds.

Instead, I'm just going to call them out on it. If I actually have to convince people why it's bad then I've already lost. You can't convince what simply is. If you honestly believe calling people a pile of dicks for their actions makes someone as culpable as those who did the actions you're just back to blaming the victim with a twist instead of holding the people who should be held accountable -- accountable. "How dare you treat those cyberstalkers with 100x more of the civility they've shown others. You're just as bad!!!" (Giant buzzer sound.) no thanks.

So really you have no argument.
Unless you want to be another apologist for cyber stalking! But honestly it's more amusing when MK does it. But I'm also willing to hear what great efforts you've gone to in addressing this problem.
[/quote]

Again that hasn't any relation to what I was saying but okay I agree we should definitely hunt MK down irl and punish them for their evil doings. That's what you just said right?

Also it's not my responsibility to address the problem because it doesn't relate to IC business. I don't really care about any of you enough outside the context of this game to do something about it, neither do I have the power to do anything about it because I am just a player. So who does have the power to do something about it? Maybe if you got down from your soapbox and tried to find them you'd see some progress, instead you're just contributing to the infinite vortex of insults and cheap shots which has enveloped this game for the past few years.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1350630412' post='3042844']
Please attend this free seminar: [url="http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html"]http://hyperboleanda...everything.html[/url]
[/quote]

You sir have made my day! Thank you :)

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1350644219' post='3042891']
Myth, Johnny is right about your posts: you're not replying to what he actually wrote.

On another note, talking at the same time of "the evil MK" and of respecting the RL/game line makes little sense IMHO. The MK is an in-game entity and their in-game authorities have no obligation (and little legitimation) to police what people that have their alter-egos in their organization do in their RL. At the same time, players that have a character in the MK and that didn't do anything bad shouldn't be annoyed or criticized for what their in-game associated and allies did or didn't do in their RL.
Simply put, focusing on the MK (or on any other alliance, for that matter) when discussing RL abuses doesn't make any sense, as the MK is an in-game association.
[/quote]

To be fair to Myth, MK has stated several times that they are "not just an in game alliance, but a community on the internet". So some people may consider MK the community to be at fault and not the in game alliance.

Omni, the MK part was in general and not directed to Myth.

As for your comment, the MK community may exist in RL too, but you can condemn them all, as one, only if you believe in collective responsibility and in guilt by association.
I rather think that responsibility is individual, and this leads directly back to criticize the person/people but not their friends (for just being their friends).

Man, I'd hate to be friends with some of you IRL. One mistake, no matter the size, and I'd be thrown to the wolves with you leaving the group shouting "he's so evil, we can't be friends anymore" from your almighty horse.

Edited by potato