Prose Challenge

[img]http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt360/KirkeMykonos/OBR_CourtChamber/OBR_Flag-1.jpg[/img]
Gentle Persons

Soon the 5th of September will be upon us and we shall be celebrating the passing of our sixth year here upon Digiterra.
We shall of course welcome friends old and new to join us on our forums for a celebration but we feel the need to do more.
This our Digiterra is home to many a bright and creative leader. The way of politics has had many a bright star and the warriors of lore are well respected. We salute you and what you have accomplished. There is however a group who are oft less revered and we would like to take this time to welcome the Bards among you to step forward.

We have seen the works of wordsmiths here upon Digiterra and many have skill and craft. The Order was founded on the belief that the Sword and the Pen are of equal virtue. To this end we offer this fair challenge.

Compose, please, for us a piece of prose or poetry of a length no less than 20 words and no greater than 200. As this is a challenge open to all we would ask that a minimum of profane language be used. We shall of course not withhold your graduation certificate for uttering the name of Satan’s abode but we would ask that the offering be acceptable to be viewed and posted for the younger generations to enjoy.
Credit will be earned if the work explores in a non derogatory fashion Digiterra but it need not be linked only to our time here.
Submissions will be accepted on our forum, here or any of our embassies until the September 9th, 2012 at Midnight. The Rosular Kingdom shall adjudge the 10 best offerings and they shall be then reviewed by a panel of our allies and friends to pick the best three.
These three will be posted for all to enjoy unranked and each awarded a Full Donation to help inspire others and to build the artisans within your nations.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
For
The Knights Council
And
The Rosular Kingdom

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1346278609' post='3026462']
[i]There once was a man from Nantucket, who's d.....[/i]

Oh wait, hang on, nevermind I'm out of material.

Best of luck OBR with this comp! :)
[/quote]
I was just rattling that same poem in my head as I was scrolling down lol...

And very nice to see you on the boards My lady

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1346290003' post='3026517']
your rules exclude the noble haiku, therefore i no longer recognize obr as an alliance nor you as a human being
[/quote]

Going to have to second this man and his very truthful claim on the blatant attempt to exclude the majestic haiku.

Gentle Persons

We just felt the judges deserved more than 3/4 of a syllable per $1 they were awarding. Haikus are an honourable form of poetry though the new English standard is 14 vs 17 old Japanese syllables.
We look forward to honouring a more robust form of prose or poetry but still respect those such a flash fiction that fall outside our requirement. If you are so inclined however our friends in MK have already offered an inventive haiku that does not quite meet the overall terms. As to dishonouring Japan one might wish to review the word Hime.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

I would like you to clarify, if you will, one aspect of the rules: is there any limit to the number of entries from an individual wordsmith? If some of our more verbose or energetic colleagues feel moved to submit numerous examples of prose and poetry, will all be judged?

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1346302719' post='3026569']
I would like you to clarify, if you will, one aspect of the rules: is there any limit to the number of entries from an individual wordsmith? If some of our more verbose or energetic colleagues feel moved to submit numerous examples of prose and poetry, will all be judged?
[/quote]

Good Pingu

We shall of course be happy to accept multiple submissions from a single craftsman but they would be eligible but for one award.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1346362406' post='3026733']
I beg to differ
[/quote]

Start begging. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif[/img]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1346363097' post='3026735']
Start begging. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://incomestrategiesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Million-Dollars1.jpg[/img]

That good enough? :P

As I said, Baron will win this challenge :P