GM Poll on SDI's

Zoot Zoot

SDI's  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The "status quo" was done never defined explicitly. Link me to the post where there was ever a firm ruling, and I don't mean the "no there was a ruling so they are covered!" sort of rulings. Furthermore, this is a new area: The words of the players are theoretically more powerful, so we would need either a second round of discussions or extension of the voting for that specific question.

Edited by Kankou

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of CNRP's rules and guidelines are not defined explicitly. If you wish to contest this, then get support from the community and the next GM team can re-address the issue of SDI protection of expeditionary forces.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343345712' post='3015919']
90% of CNRP's rules and guidelines are not defined explicitly. If you wish to contest this, then get support from the community and the next GM team can re-address the issue of SDI protection of expeditionary forces.
[/quote]
Then why not make an explicit guideline instead of this on-the-fly system which constantly causes all these arguments int the first place over uncertain guidelines? To give "flexibility" to make rules to swing things back and forth? Possible sources of abuse must be cleared up as much as possible.

Mael, read what my ruling was. You need to actually RP putting in place the SDI coverage over expeditionary forces instead of it just being a presume entity. If you dont RP covering your forces, then they can get nuked without any chance of an SDI roll.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1343345183' post='3015909']
This GM does not serve the people any longer. Not fairly. Everyone knows Subtle intends to play and is creating a nation. Using technicalities to skew the vote is just plain pathetic.
[/quote]
Mael, he's merely following the precedent set. I'm not offended. Shush now. ;)

If it was even, then it should not have been set either way expand the poll or discussion until one side cleanly wins.

As it stands, even landing a contested expeditionary force in enemy territory will entitle you to full SDI coverage 'so long as it's RPed'. How easy is it to wikipedia a few TEL or TELAR mounted ABM systems and copy paste a few in your deployments? Pretty easy.

There should, at the very least, be a penalty to the standard SDI success rate in the case of expeditionary forces. Still going to say there should not be coverage at all in enemy territory.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1343355613' post='3016010']
Mael, he's merely following the precedent set. I'm not offended. Shush now. ;)
[/quote]

Precedents that are not liberated from technicalities need to be.

[quote]"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote"[/quote]

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343345414' post='3015912']
Because the status quo remains unchanged. They covered exped forces before this vote, as the vote is a tie, the status quo remains. Mael, that rule about players with no nation have never had their votes counted since the new system was implimented.
[/quote]

Here EM.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1345323185' post='3023233']
Why would someone nuke a protectorate in the first place? What's that supposed to do?
[/quote]
Because I lack a better example...

Consider Mexico wanted to attack the UCNA. UCNA gets help from, don't know, Prairie Union, Quebec or Greenland, Mexico uses its protectorate to drive a large invasion army into UCNA, the defending coalition throws a nuke at it. Is the army protected by SDI or not?

As stated above, highly unlikely, but I needed someone with such a border constellation and someone with nukes to help out UCNA... <_<

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1345378961' post='3023452']
The logical, and not silly reason, would be that when a nuke is moving between launch and landing spot, it may fly over protectorates, giving more chances to be intercepted.
[/quote]
I don't see how my point was silly. It is a valid case, just like yours.