GM Poll on SDI's

Zoot Zoot

SDI's  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1343100959' post='3014093']
Furthermore, if an RPer is willing to ruin parts or the whole of his nation in order to deny his enemy a clean victory, I say kudos to him or her. There is far too much keeling over and whining, and not enough fighting. The reason we have these back to back campaigns of rapid dominance and conquest is because of victims' inherent lack of backbone. If every target forces his attackers to pay for every mile with pixel blood, things would be different (not just nuking, this post is long past rant mode). Quit being enablers for the very problems you people continue to whine about
[/quote]

I'd like to know what you suggest when you do give them a fight and they're still not satisfied with how the fight is going to go.. before their victory? How much should the attacker be spoiled and pacified before one is just being used as a rug? This is not about whining or keeling over at least in my situation. I had already accepted defeat before I even rolled back my nation. This is about people in this community who couldn't write a story if it were given to them to write. People who have serious issues regarding the delegation of trust. I could have cared less about my pixels. And I did not come into this community to fix broken people, I came to write. If you want to corral the children, more power to you. I hope you enjoy that investment of your time.

They came to me for a war. I gave them a war. They came to me for victory, I was going to give them a victory. I even gave them the choice for how the outcome was to come about.. but one person.. knew exactly what to say.. to throw it all into the gutter for them. They decided the rules were more important than the story.. and so I decided the story wasn't important enough to write.

Every complaint is not a whine.. sometimes people just stop desiring to deal with immature pettiness. Your attempt to manifest perceptions otherwise demonstrates its own immaturity of perspective or a simple lack of understanding. You are going to need to learn that sometimes other people's complaints are valid even if they don't fit your point of view and those of your associates. I will force my attackers to pay for my pixels when they prove they are willing to die for them. So far, every time they start to die.. they moan out of character and well in advance. I didn't even stick them yet. That's true cowardice.

However, I applaud your efforts on improving the SDI rules of this community. It is some progress. I just don't see it as the core of the problem that is the cancer of this community. My concern is that the cancer is large enough in the community.. that the patient is already dead. That cancer is Ego. That cancer, is jumping to a rules book over consideration of story. Not many are willing to sacrifice themselves or their pixels for the RP, not even fractionally. Hell, I was fully ready to be conquered and occupied. Even the essence of my dreamer was to be dispersed temporarily to the 4 winds.

But, what is battle if there is no blood shed for it? If they want my head, a lot of people shall die trying to get it. Not a trophy earned lightly.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1343106359' post='3014152']I do await the time we can see who voted for what. The one thing I love is how those complaining that don't have nations don't get votes that count.[/quote]
You can see them right now if you want to.

If you do that TBM, you'll simply doom the community to a repeating cycle. The votes should still include those who would like to be, are considering being, or hoping to participate in/change the community. But I'm sure that serves the current faction in power quite well. I am not the one whining. I am responding. The ones whining are the ones still attacking me. If they let it drop, I won't have to defend myself now will I? However, I think I'll just mark this off to you being fececious...

I did Yes, No, Yes to the poll. Yes protectorate states should be protected from SDI's but I don't think Antartica should count as protectorate territory. No expeditionary forces should never be protected, if someone wants to nuke their own territory to stop invaders than let it happen (happened in COD4 so why not here). Yes there should be good RP posts about launching the nuke and the stuff associated with it.

Edited by jesbro

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1343107574' post='3014171']
Maelstrom, if the GMs count your vote and you lose this poll will you agree to RP a nation for say 2 months [u][i][b]regardless of how others behave towards you[/b][/i][/u] and regardless if the side which you vote for wins?
[/quote]

Clarify? Do you expect people to willfully have to tolerate abuse for them to stay here and their votes count? Are you arguing in favor of yourself being able to insult others at your discretion or else their vote does not count? You're such a bully.

I might return if I see this community improving. That's all you need to know and all you are entitled to know. Do us all a favor, leave, age 10 years, and then return.

PS. Technically my perspective is gaining ground in this poll. You cannot cite anywhere you've rp'd setting up an SDI in Antarctica for Antarctica. It's kinda irrelevant now, but I feel somewhat justified.

Sure. If you want to be part of the community and have equal voice you need to have a nation, at the moment you don't. You say if the vote goes one way you may reconsider joining. I am saying you should agree to play through thick and thin, regardless if you get your way at one point or not. You're not the first person people have been jerks too. Happened to me happened to others. I don't believe we should count the voice of someone who'll take their marbles and go home at the first size of having to play with others on anything other than their perfect terms. Its a communal process respect cuts both ways.

Edit: As you edited yours to go personal I'll edit mine. Mael when other than IC have I been a jerk to you. If you're offended by what Jia said, thats a character its not an actual person. That character is rude to his sister in law a character played by Sarah, he's rude to the Empress of Athens played by Centurius, and he's rude to his premier played by myself. If you're honestly going to argue that being rude IC is the same as being rude to a player than you'll have to argue that I'm rude to two of my best friends on here and have a golum dialogue going. Thats kinda out there.

Further the person I was agreeing with last night was !@#$@#$ Kankou. If we agree on something its because its near impossible for one of us to find any sort of position to disagree with the other on. Its !@#$@#$ Kankou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o

Edited by Triyun

This particular vote I'd be willing to stay around and play regardless of which way the vote goes, but I won't tolerate ANY behavior out of anyone Triyun. There are lines. If you want to hang around and take the abuse that's your prerogative. The point is that abuse shouldn't exist. The fact someone has been a jerk to you and then you going and treating someone else in like manner makes you even worse than the person who first mistreated you. I'll accept the terms, I just won't accept the mistreatment.

And let me clarify. IC I could care less how things go. It's the OOC that matters to me. I was going to lose that war to you Triyun, willfully. That wasn't mistreatment or abuse, that simply was how the story was going to go. But you have a bad habit of treating people like animals at times, even out of character. I reserve my right as a human being not to tolerate anyone's mistreatment.

Nice to know that since you're losing though you'd do anything to nullify the votes of the opposition, living up to your true nature.

The very fact I might return if things change should be sufficient for the consideration of my vote or anyone else who posts that they intend on possibly participating. This is CN's sandbox. not just yours and not only the current participants of CNRP. Once again you meta-game, actively attempting to silence those who would rise against the rules you would set for them. You are treating this like it is part of the game, it's not. It's what determines the fairness of the environment. Stop meddling with it as if it is part of the game.

Mael someone having to take an SDI role is not treating you like an animal. It is about me wanting to play a wholly unique sub unit of my nation which only existed in Antarctica for more than a single post. I wouldn't have minded them being severely weakened over 10 posts. Be logical. If I just wanted to wipe you out with no effort I wouldn't have allowed you to create the nation in the first place, and even then had I wanted to just do a killing fest, I'd have sent A LOT more than 10, 000 men made up mostly of prisoners. This is just common sense.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1343112007' post='3014209']
Mael someone having to take an SDI role is not treating you like an animal. It is about me wanting to play a wholly unique sub unit of my nation which only existed in Antarctica for more than a single post. I wouldn't have minded them being severely weakened over 10 posts. Be logical. If I just wanted to wipe you out with no effort I wouldn't have allowed you to create the nation in the first place, and even then had I wanted to just do a killing fest, I'd have sent A LOT more than 10, 000 men made up mostly of prisoners. This is just common sense.
[/quote]

Yes, I know, "I exist on your terms." Right?

And so you got surprised? Doesn't that happen during war? Did you not expect casualties? The first wave on the beach and you don't expect them to run the ultimate risk? Die in ten attacks, die in one.. war is uncaring. God forbid some might die and the true misery of war be represented. Reform another wholly unique sub-unit out of your billions and attack again! You have an entire empire behind you.. you lose a legion and the world ends? How many unique units through out history have paid the ultimate price even in the face of unexpected odds? Don't even make me refer to Spartans here, I'll puke at the irony. Maybe the D-Day landing would be a better comparison except you have a much larger comparative army and better equipment.

Instead of running for rules, you should react appropriately to the new estimation of threat. Don't just knee-jerk to the rules book. At least explain yourself on those terms which you just utilized. If you had done that in the first place instead of knee-jerking to sdi required, the whole argument would have been different and I would have been nowhere near as angry as you made me with your condescension. I didn't even do the SDI rolls even though I may have eventually hit.. simply the principle of the matter upset me that much. I was under the false illusion that we had made so much progress in being able to rp an actual story without requiring a rulebook. i was sorely disappointed.

I grow weary.. of every time something vaguely dangerous happening to you you immediately look to the rules to prevent the action instead of talking more in detail to the player about it instead of saying, "THIS IS THE LAW.. THIS IS HOW IT MUST BE." Do you not agree that this kind of reaction without even attempting to explain the true nature of your complaint to the other player can be viewed very negatively and is the fundamental problem that is plaguing this community?

I understand that you feel that you invested time into these characters.. a couple of posts.. make another couple of posts. Is your creativity limited to one legion?

Also, I wasn't just losing a legion. I was giving you my head for your mantle!

I had been able to successfully avoid the OOC forums completely.. from the inception of my nation.. even the gm court.. until you entered the picture.

@TBM: Sarah has convinced me he's not all that bad.. and I honestly don't believe he is.. but.. so.. very.. frustrating. I honestly do not understand why he regards me in the ways in which he has.

Mael I did try to talk to you, you freaked the $%&@ out and called me a liar even when other people said I was telling your the truth. I'm tired of you throwing that !@#$ at me. I was respectful, I was willing to take casualties, I was not willing to roll over. If you honestly think that you're entitled to an auto hit I feel sorry for you. But quit acting like a little !@#$%*. If I wanted you wiped out and humiliated I could do it. I've created reasons to attack nations much larger and better connected than you. You were going to have one single itsy bitsy SDI roll. Boo mother !@#$@#$ hoo. You want your own special set of rules, you want people to not take advantage of defenses their entitled to, and you want the right to have a grand storm dragon. If people deviat from this plan slightly you quit. Thats called being spoiled.

My position is I wanted a [i]chance[/i] to block [i]1[/i] nuke of which you regenerate 2 a day and have a stockpile of 24. Your position is if I don't have [i]all[/i] my RP characters in the RP dead in your first post you'll quit the game and cry bloody murder. Sit there with a straight face and say I'm the unreasonable one. I was fighting you with that legion not my Empire. I asked for a [i]chance it could survive.[/i] If I was fighting you with my actual Empire, 10, 000 smart bombs missiles would've destroyed most of your nation and dragon in an opening salvo. If you think I'm the one with the unreasonable position than your delusional.

Edited by Triyun

No it wouldn't have, because you're so over-deployed right now your ns would have been diluted or you would lose most of your territory, or at least realistically you should. Unfortunately the rules here are very lacking in any realism. People pretending to play this for the sake of realism are really deluded if they think the empires we have on this earth now are anywhere near realistic. I'd like to know how many troops you have per square mile of your land. You can't just amass all your might in one place, unless you incarnated like I did at someone's request or rp'd it out over significant time. Do you not forget logistics?

But that's not what you guys wanted to do and so is somewhat another discussion, but a part of this communities many problems. You also didn't want to destroy me, I realize that.

Sarah wanted a grand battle against a single enemy, the plan was hers, I gave her that. If you weren't willing to go with that and assume the risks of fighting the forces of an entire country in one being concentrated in one place, you should have butted out. Sarah was ready to roll with the blast and [i]still[/i] take my head off my shoulders. This was never intended to be an easy fight for you. It was to be a struggle for the sake of story. If you really cared about that, then why worry about the first wave when you have so many you could have used behind you? Again, does your creativity end with one legion?

I'm not delusional. I only gave everyone involved what they asked up until the point I asked something minor in exchange, a nice, suprising, and epic opening salvo.

PS: According to the polls, you aren't entitled to those defenses. You tried to "assert" your way into them as you tend to do when you think your way is the communal way and like to thump your chest like the GM you are not.

We right now have 2/3rds majority saying you require that SDI to be RP'd out if in protectorate land and you never did that. You just claimed coverage upon need. You pulled your defenses out of the air. And this isn't even a protectorate by normal terms it's a [i]wilderness preserve[/i].. where at you only now discovered would need SDI coverage. You're attempting to backdate your claim to have one in place for satellite purposes because you've never RP'd setting up something in Antarctica with that intent so far away from your main national holdings and any other actual regular protectorate space. Your legions would have been fairly fried unless you convinced me to do something different and I was up to being convinced in the proper manner.

I can see right through you.. and I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one.

You know, there's a number of people who's rps you have demeaned in the past over their inability to take a nuclear hit.. or to roll with the punches. I wonder how you feel now that your glass jaw is among their ranks and so broadly exposed. I expected more. Absolute control of outcome.. was not enough.. for His Lord Majesty Triyun. In his darkest hour he reached for the matrix of the rule book.. and then was found wrong.

Mael first if you think my military is over extended or weak, go ahead and test it. Attack me. Secondly, you did not tell Sarah that that fort was getting destroying in one post, nor did you tell me that, you just flipped out. Thats on you. Here is the brutal truth you ignore: you got 99% of what you wanted in the rules changed in this RP to suit your individual need. You didn't get the last 1% without objection so you quit. You're a cry baby. Go cry elsewhere.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1343115904' post='3014220']
Are you seriously preaching realism whilst just having deleted an rp involving dragons?
[/quote]

Quite the contrary, I was making light of the fact some perceived this as vaguely realistic. But at the same time, noting we've really allowed empires to vastly overextend beyond what their cn nation should find supportable. This impedes the formation of new states.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1343116233' post='3014221']
Mael first if you think my military is over extended or weak, go ahead and test it. Attack me. Secondly, you did not tell Sarah that that fort was getting destroying in one post, nor did you tell me that, you just flipped out. Thats on you. Here is the brutal truth you ignore: you got 99% of what you wanted in the rules changed in this RP to suit your individual need. You didn't get the last 1% without objection so you quit. You're a cry baby. Go cry elsewhere.
[/quote]

Under the current insane rules we have for NS coverage.. your power density is just fine as it is equal all throughout your territory as you wish it to be, I'm sure.

I have all the irc logs of me inquiring of Sarah how she wanted this handled Triyun, and I'm fairly confident she'll agree they exist and hers were all her options. I could have done this any way desired. I did not mention the blast. I did say it was a surprise, didn't I? In my last post? I DID warn Sarah to expect the unexpected, that there were some unperceived pitfalls that could be walked into by the coalition given her choices. I told her I was not inclined to tell her specifically what because if I did it would be too much pre-planing and make things far to predictable. She was alright with this. The concentration of your forces and my nuclear breath were that pitfall. Perhaps I should have just let the F5 mile wide tornado do it instead of the nuke, you'd have moaned less.

The rules haven't changed Triyun, you were misrepresenting what you perceived as community majority to suit your own purposes.. in order to SDI a dragon's breath in a territory your SDI won't even reach. I've called you out on it, was correct, and you still won't acknowledge that. Why don't you be the man and confess.. you were wrong. You didn't speak for everyone after all.

32 have now spoken, instead of a mere 7. Remove me and Subtle from the vote.. you still lose.

I don't have the time to waste on you. You'll just cause another train wreck. It's obvious you do not wish to change and recognize your flaws. Continue to enjoy yourself by lording over others, in or out of character. I wish you had shown any measure of humility in our dialogue, but it is apparent you have none.