#CNRP channel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with Isaac. I think that #cnrp would do well to have the elected GMs have joint founders/sop everyone else with a nation have aop. Our alliance does this with its top 3 elected govt for our private channel and it works perfectly fine.

Edited by Triyun

Thats what I was thinking, I mean the fact that someone that isnt even a member of the community id the owner of the channel is pretty stupid. GMs are the ones keeping the community and they should be the ones in charge of the channel. I am not banned btw so this isnt rage posting.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1341453227' post='3003726']
#poop
[/quote]
I vote this one! Either that or #boobs, seeing as that's what we talk about most of the time.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1341461062' post='3003780']
we could get TBM to seduce him.
[/quote]
Bow chicka wah wah

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

Why not just #RP or #CNroleplay

Regardless, this has been brought up many of times and it will fail once more. No one ever joins it and no one wants their lips off of Sargun's butt cheeks in fear that the new channel wont work. That is exactly why it won't work. In the past people have tried to get off of #CNRP when Sargun played RP because he would ban anyone who disagreed with him. Then iirc most of you complaining now were the ones who stood by "He rightfully owns the channel" and what not.

Besides, Triyun, Domingo, etc who have ops in the CN-RP channel do and will continue to do the same thing Sargun does in the next channel. I got banned every day by Triyun and as soon as I stopped kissing up to Sargun all the time that ban remained. If you really want a channel free of "I dont like you, you cant play with us." kinda stuff, make a new channel, give the GMs founders and no one else gets any sort of power over anyone else including yourself.

Edit: And to be quite honest, I dont trust any of you with power. Then again, I dont trust myself with power over the CN:RP channel either.

Edited by Rotavele

For once, Im with Rota in one aspect alone.

This has been tried before, and failed. It wont change. Just deal with it. A banned player runs the IRC channel, believe it or not he has rules for Ops, HoPs and AoPs.

If people are getting perma kicked/banned then they are deserving of it, this includes you Isaac and Rota. Play innocent and protest this all you want, but you are both trolls in your own right alot of the time, and most of us get bored of it. Hell, When LVN joins #cnrp, I ban him before he gets a chance to talk because he always gets banned anyway for causing massive raging arguments. Same with Kankou sometimes, although not so much recently.

Yeah more or less what Zoot said, as I've been banned before and there only have been a few times I haven't deserved. Even when I didn't deserve it, it wasn't much of a hindrance, I just went and did something else for awhile and asked said channel owner or a friend with ops if I could come back.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see someone do something about it, however I feel like the GMs won't make a channel and sponser it without giving hops/ops/etc to someone and giving them the power chain back.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1341496813' post='3003919']
Meh, you're even worse than I am Zoot, but you get away with it because it's either you or Centurius doing the banning.
[/quote]

I get my fair share of being kicked and banned, just not recently. Since I got OPs, I concluded i should tone down being a jackass. I abuse my power every now and then, but everyone with the power does, its not a thing that happens often because when certain members who are not worth naming used to do it to me every time, I felt like crap.

But the fact of the matter is, the channel has been used for RL years now and run by the same people and its a working system. Attempts have been made for alternate channels, they failed. If you have a problem with it, then just stop coming into the channel.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1341494117' post='3003898']
For once, Im with Rota in one aspect alone.

This has been tried before, and failed. It wont change. Just deal with it. A banned player runs the IRC channel, believe it or not he has rules for Ops, HoPs and AoPs.

If people are getting perma kicked/banned then they are deserving of it, this includes you Isaac and Rota. Play innocent and protest this all you want, but you are both trolls in your own right alot of the time, and most of us get bored of it. Hell, When LVN joins #cnrp, I ban him before he gets a chance to talk because he always gets banned anyway for causing massive raging arguments. Same with Kankou sometimes, although not so much recently.
[/quote]

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1341494661' post='3003903']
Yeah more or less what Zoot said, as I've been banned before and there only have been a few times I haven't deserved. Even when I didn't deserve it, it wasn't much of a hindrance, I just went and did something else for awhile and asked said channel owner or a friend with ops if I could come back.
[/quote]

I agree with Zoot and TBM. Stop complaining. Sargun is pretty fair in my opinion. He never has banned me unless I did something stupid where as I can't think of a single person here who hasn't banned or kicked me just because they didn't like what I was saying. I think Sargun has the maturity to run the channel, and he does a fine job at it. Also he does have a system for who get's a higher status in the channel and what not. If you are a GM you are up there. If you make trouble or aggravate the living daylights out of everyone, cough, Rota, cough, then you are likely not to have that high of a status.

Also my break is going great ^_^

Sargun is Sargun. That's just how he rolls. I've always wondered why he still chooses to hold onto his position on CNRP after all this time. However, Sargun is kind of an acquired taste, you do get to like him over time, but it does take time - and maybe fighting a war IG by his side. However, you will sadly never get that chance so...

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1341487709' post='3003874']
I vote this one! Either that or #boobs, seeing as that's what we talk about most of the time.

Bow chicka wah wah
[/quote]Shut up, Tucker. *Aims assault rifle*

On a serious note, It does get old getting repeatedly kicked. At least I'm not getting banned anymore, but it is a serious annoyance. Perhaps it's natural for those with power to abuse it once in a while, but when they repeatedly do it, that's what bugs me. Yes, I'm looking at you, Justinian. <_<

If there is a problem in the channel - a legitimate problem, then speak with the other OPs. We're there for a reason, and it is not so we can kick people for great lulzitude. If someone is abusing their power, speak with the chan owner. If you don't like what the chan owner is doing, then stay away awhile or make a new channel, but be warned, most will not bother with it.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1341512268' post='3004049']
If there is a problem in the channel - a legitimate problem, then speak with the other OPs. We're there for a reason, and it is not so we can kick people for great lulzitude. If someone is abusing their power, speak with the chan owner. If you don't like what the chan owner is doing, then stay away awhile or make a new channel, but be warned, most will not bother with it.
[/quote]

The issue often times [i]is[/i] the Channel owner. Lets be realistic here, regardless of what anyone thinks about Sargun he has a history just as much as anyone of abusing his channel ownership priviledges, Isaac's not the first one to mention it. I've heard most people on SOPs list say that. They often times don't change his bans not because they agree with them, but because they don't want to deal with Sargun's whining and putting them back on. Further Sargun's ban appeals have been consistently rejected by the mod staff, so its not likely he's going to be coming back anytime soon. I don't think anyone is saying ban Sargun from #cnrp, but he has no business anymore being final arbitrator. We need to look at serving the current community, not someone's failed passed glories.

Edited by Triyun