The Amazing Sanction Race

Logan

Bit early for an update, but I'll take it. :)

[quote][color="#48D1CC"][b]The Grämlins Update[/b][/color]
{29} [color="black"](+0)[/color] [color=#48D1CC][i]The Grämlins[/i][/color] : 5.99 --> 5.90 [color=red](-0.09)[/color][/quote]

Edited by Davian Thule

[quote name='Davian Thule' date='31 May 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1275359727' post='2318491']
Doing the race about One and a Half hours before the update seems better than 3 hours. :(
[/quote]
Yeah, but that's right in the middle of when everyone else is buying all of their stuff.

This is why we used to do it at 6 PM or so. :P

[quote name='Banksy' date='31 May 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1275333791' post='2318033']
Losing low NS members doesn't affect your score very much. That's why "ODN applicant" has a score of, like, 2 despite having 120 members. The NS of an alliance is far more important for the score calculation.
[/quote]

Really? I've always wondered how the score allowed for alliances weaker in strength and nukes to be higher up on us in the score race and it is usually because they have 2-4x more members than us.

[quote name='ratonbox' date='01 June 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1275399475' post='2319061']
An average day for us. Tomorrow will be better for sure.
PS: GPA's member gain should be green not red.
[/quote]
We're still switching you with NPO. Your everything is red. ;)

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='01 June 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1275400693' post='2319077']
We're still switching you with NPO. Your everything is red. ;)
[/quote]
So, it's switch everything week between the NPO and GPA?

[quote name='jerdge' date='01 June 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1275382693' post='2318920']
We passed 40!
Onward to 42 and we'll be OK.
[/quote]

Beware the curse of 42, Jerdge. You know as well as I that it took us months to get passed that obstacle, and for good reason.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='01 June 2010 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1275397415' post='2319039']
Really? I've always wondered how the score allowed for alliances weaker in strength and nukes to be higher up on us in the score race and it is usually because they have 2-4x more members than us.
[/quote]

The score takes into account a lot of factors. Take IRON for instance: NS wise my alliance (Umbrella) beats them (but not by a terrible lot) however they have over 4 times as many members as we do, so their score is higher [i]but only slightly[/i]. If having a ton of small members was the most important thing to alliance score their score would be two or three times ours at the very least.

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='01 June 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1275415094' post='2319336']
The score takes into account a lot of factors. Take IRON for instance: NS wise my alliance (Umbrella) beats them (but not by a terrible lot) however they have over 4 times as many members as we do, so their score is higher [i]but only slightly[/i]. If having a ton of small members was the most important thing to alliance score their score would be two or three times ours at the very least.
[/quote]
An interesting thing about the formula is it depends on how many nations currently exist in the game. At the current nation count, each member is worth approximately 0.013 score, but if there is a drastic change to the number of total nations this value can fluctuate.

Another interesting thing is that if you had every nation in the game flying a single AA, it would have exactly 333.33 score before factoring in NS.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='01 June 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1275415094' post='2319336']
[/quote]

Fair point, I suppose it could be weighted worse. Besides, you can always compare alliances one on one pretty easily with the host of other stats involved.

How about nukes? I've always wondered how much they affect the score for an alliance? Is it merely the NS added to the nations, or when ranking them does the score also get a boost for total in the alliance?

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='01 June 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1275432335' post='2319722']
Fair point, I suppose it could be weighted worse. Besides, you can always compare alliances one on one pretty easily with the host of other stats involved.

How about nukes? I've always wondered how much they affect the score for an alliance? Is it merely the NS added to the nations, or when ranking them does the score also get a boost for total in the alliance?
[/quote]

Nukes don't contribute any score themselves - only via the NS they add to a nation. (NS from 20 nukes adds about 0.013 score, 25 adds just over 0.02)

Currently, the only two things that contribute to score are NS and nation count.