An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read up to the first 18 pages and I have to say wow MK. Saying that because most alliances try to avoid having known spies in their alliance and would do their best to find them and root them out as soon as possible, but you are the first one I know of that would not only accept one into their alliance and go to war with another alliance to protect that spy. I have a hatred for spies for a personal reason and would be happy to give you tips on how to spot one just so you know to speed them through your application process.

To Dave. Knock knock anyone home? Saying that because so far I haven't seen you trying to defend yourself. If you get yourself into a situation where you have a zeal declared on you the decent thing to do would be either A) Talk it out with the alliance and hope that they would take it easy on you; or B) Take it like a man. Whatever you did or did not do you got yourself into this situation and its like a little kid who runs to his mom after getting in trouble with dad.

To CSN. All I have to say is simply good luck and hang in there. Also once this war is over make sure that Dave staying in the alliance for a good amount of time is part of the peace deal so that MK could say that they accepted him in to help the guy out of a bad situation and not that they only let him in for the CB.

One last thing is that if the screenshot posted earlier (can't remember his name but for those who read enough of the thread you know who I am thinking of) is to be believed then my bad it wasn't a random pull the name out of the hat but rather a plot created to bring another war to Planet Bob and congrats on pulling it off flawlessly.

Bob, alliance sovereignty overrides alliance jurisdiction, by definition. Sovereignty is in part defined as having ultimate jurisdiction, thus overriding mere alliance jurisdiction and for an alliance to chase a ZI sentence into an enemy AA is a risk.

Mushroom Kingdom HAS poked its nose into TIO and CSN's private affairs, but at the same time, it is doing so because it believes that Dave93 was wrongly sentenced to ZI. It's perfectly legitimate for it to make such a move, and while this can constitute a CB, violating alliance sovereignty to chase down Dave93, especially when he has been granted asylum, is a greater CB.

Taking jurisdiction to override sovereignty leads to absurdities. For example, if MK were to chase down its ZIs in enemy AAs without permission, would the principle of jurisdiction indicate that it would then have the right to kill ZIs without the consent of the enemy AA and without granting the enemy AA any right of agency? Would its jurisdiction make it so that it would take the sovereignty of the part of the AA occupied by its ZIs?

===

I think one useful litmus test is how the situation would play if the shoe were on the other foot. If MK were eventually MKarma-ed, as is Roquentin's want, and its enemies were looking for a CB, would it be valid for MK to continue to attack one of its ZIs when one of its enemies had fled to the protection of yet another enemy's AA?

Edited by Instr

[quote name='RedPhx' timestamp='1339713926' post='2984075']
To Dave. Knock knock anyone home? Saying that because so far I haven't seen you trying to defend yourself.
[/quote]

That's because Dave [b]was[/b] quitting and is loving the fact that he's going out with a huge bang. Dave is really a good guy. You only get a few chances to start a huge global war though. :P

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339714697' post='2984082']
That's because Dave [b]was[/b] quitting and is loving the fact that he's going out with a huge bang. Dave is really a good guy. You only get a few chances to start a huge global war though. :P
[/quote]
For Dave!

[/quote]

And should he leave, it will be after giving us a great gift, even further etching his greatness into our memories.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1339711615' post='2984040']
If you were only told 2 weeks ago, your intel partners are slow. And it wasnt just MK. There is no shortage of people lining up to take a shot at SF for one grievance or another.
[/quote]

which is what pisses me off so much about this NoR-LSF war.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1339715127' post='2984090']
which is what pisses me off so much about this NoR-LSF war.
[/quote]
May as well call LSF Leroy Jenkins. They were so eager to be opposite CnG, DH, DR and our friends that they just couldn't hold it in anymore.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1339715742' post='2984096']
Or can you? :v:
[/quote]

Someone's always going to be around to $%&@ up what you planned out. So no not really. You can cause a completely different war to shirk your treaty duties to another alliance, but people will eventually see through it.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1339715856' post='2984097']
May as well call LSF Leroy Jenkins. They were so eager to be opposite CnG, DH, DR and our friends that they just couldn't hold it in anymore.
[/quote]

Which is why they canceled all their treaties which would link them to those people! Oh wait.... no that never happened.

[quote name='feardaram' timestamp='1339714588' post='2984080']
i would like to know how to spot spys, so we can recruit more of them.
[/quote]

One thing I learned on this type of game (not this one in particular but similar) is to watch what they say in forums. The post was mostly joking but if you get paranoid enough you could see them everywhere.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339716100' post='2984103']
Which is why they canceled all their treaties which would link them to those people! Oh wait.... no that never happened.
[/quote]
I don't recall the Leroy Jenkins character being too bright either.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1339715856' post='2984097']
[/quote]

I'd say it was more targetted towards NoR and less wanting to get on opposite sides of you.

[/quote]
our friendship with dave transcends quitting.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339718534' post='2984133']
You have always been so supportive of him and his alliance in the past. So I have no reason to question you.
[/quote]

TIO made Dave a man of circumstance.